PDA

View Full Version : project drive deletion?

suffolk boy
15th December 2010, 17:38
hi i have just received a rear carpet section for my tourer and included in the trim is load securing belt just wondered has anyone else got one fitted or is this another project drive item thas was deleted the panel is out of a 2000 model

allegroman
15th December 2010, 17:44
Do you mean luggage compartment carpet? I assume not as the Tourer was launched in '01 (and you say the panel is from a 2000 car). Mine hasn't got one as far as I know... could you post a pic?

pab
15th December 2010, 17:47
hi i have just received a rear carpet section for my tourer and included in the trim is load securing belt just wondered has anyone else got one fitted or is this another project drive item thas was deleted the panel is out of a 2000 modelnot familiar with boot carpet in tourer models,but the tool kit changed.

on saloon models the boot carpet was changed for a cheaper felt type carpet and the rear light cluster inspection panels were deleted.

suffolk boy
15th December 2010, 17:47
hi thanks for your reply yes its the rear loadspace carpet the strap is on the passgenger side.it looks oem as the slots are precut for the retaining strap cannot not put up a piccies as our camera is u/s

allegroman
15th December 2010, 17:57
Interesting... mine is an early 2001 Tourer and there is no evidence of a strap. I can't see it in the launch brochure either (just the two lashing eyes). Had a look in the accessories brochure too, nothing there either. Had a look at the MG brochure I've got, but that doesn't include a boot picture for the ZTT.

Hope this doesn't mean I've got a bit I need to scour e-bay for!:}

suffolk boy
15th December 2010, 18:01
thats where i just got it from for that reason sad i no i have bought quite a bit from this seller also got the chrome luggage rings

BigRuss
15th December 2010, 20:01
I don't know if it's a Project Drive deletion, I also have a early pre-volume tourer with all the applicable later delations fitted at the factory and it's not got the strap.

Can't say I've heard of one before, thought I'd got everything that was fitted or optional, but who knows maybe the first ones came with the strap if you opted for the optional extra carpet trim for the loadspace and perhaps mine has been lost at some point?

Russ

suffolk boy
15th December 2010, 20:06
thanks russ glad i got it now i just thought it would be handy didnt really need it but you no what its like you see somethink and before you no it and a few clicks later:icon_razz:

Brabus
15th December 2010, 20:46
hi i have just received a rear carpet section for my tourer and included in the trim is load securing belt just wondered has anyone else got one fitted or is this another project drive item thas was deleted the panel is out of a 2000 model
HI is it the strap on the left handside mine has a strap on the left for securing stuff at the cubby hole area.

suffolk boy
15th December 2010, 20:56
yes it is so i am not the the only one with one then!this must have been deleted or a extra

BigRuss
15th December 2010, 21:38
Oh those straps, I thought you meant on the loaadspace floor carpet.

Yes, got the ones in the cubby holes :)

Russ

Kai Herb
16th December 2010, 04:13
Mines got the strap , very usefull for holding bottles.

e668ecp
16th December 2010, 08:38
My dad's tourer has one but its hidden behind a panel on the left. His is a 54/05

Jakg
16th December 2010, 08:40
This thread is worthless without pics :(

Mine has no sort of strap in the back, which is a shame - means anything you put in there gets thrown around. Admittedly I have no bootspace now so it's not an issue, but still...

allegroman
16th December 2010, 18:29
Oh those straps, I thought you meant on the loaadspace floor carpet.

Yes, got the ones in the cubby holes :)

Russ

Ah, that's where I've got HK subwoofer/Satnav, hence no cubby hole and no strap!

Kai Herb
17th December 2010, 06:10
This thread is worthless without pics :(

Mine has no sort of strap in the back, which is a shame - means anything you put in there gets thrown around. Admittedly I have no bootspace now so it's not an issue, but still...

I think only applies to the tourers Jake. :xmas-smiley-031: