PDA

View Full Version : Andy willi & John's mini nano meet 12/02/2011

johnwh74
21st December 2010, 12:50
Hi Everyone - Andy Willi and Myself of A & L Automotive Doncaster are having another open day at the workshop which is FREE to all members on Saturday 12th febuary from 8.30am onwards.

So again if you have any little jobs that you require doing or you have any concerns over your pride and joy then come down and see us and we will gladly help out. As from the last meeting we had some jobs done that couldnt be done at normal meets like laser tracking, wheels balanced etc.

Come to the workshop and make use of our knowledge and facilities

Diagnostic computer (not T4 but Sykes Pickivant equ) FREE TO ALL MEMBERS
Possible that there will be a T4 there - will confirm before meeting

We have tyres, Tyre changing machine, balancing machine, ramps and 4 wheel laser alignment tracking equipment and now a shot blaster on site.

Huge stores deptartment for all your motoring needs.

Tea and coffee making facilities
Cafe over the road OR free delivery from sandwich shop (try the belly buster) :D

Come take advantage of this amazing opportunity and feel free to bring cake and biscuits :xmas-smiley-031::xmas-smiley-031:

http://www.alautomotive.info/
Unit 6 & 8 Holmroyd Road
Carcroft
Doncaster
DN6 7BH

All Are Welcome
Regards John (07854 152 782) and Andy Willi

PS... Anyone wanting tyres, if you could please let myself or Andy Willi know the sizes you require so we can make sure we have them in stock. We can advise on the price of tyres before the meet.

thank you

Attendee's so far.. Let me know if i have missed anything or anyone please

Trebor - Tracking & tyres
Devilish -
Actros
Fudgie66
Sikelsh
Jimbo
BaconButtyman
DamienP
Suzublu
Vman - rover 45 tracking
Graham2230 - service
Gsteph
Richy - Inspection
RRobson
Stocktake
Flyer Phil
Woolleysox - Tracking
Wolves75
JT667 - Bulbs - Washer bottle
Dave s a - Gearbox oil
Gmax333
Carl - FBH check
Hodgy
MrB
Hommer - Handbrake

STUBIE
21st December 2010, 12:57
here's hoping the temperature might be above freezing John.

Stubs

actros
21st December 2010, 14:02
Hi Everyone - Andy Willi and Myself of A & L Automotive Doncaster are having another open day at the workshop which is FREE to all members on Saturday 12th febuary from 8.30am onwards.

So again if you have any little jobs that you require doing or you have any concerns over your pride and joy then come down and see us and we will gladly help out. As from the last meeting we had some jobs done that couldnt be done at normal meets like laser tracking, wheels balanced etc.

We have tyres, Tyre changing machine, balancing machine, ramps and 4 wheel laser alignment tracking equipment and now a shot blaster on site.

Cafe over the road OR free delivery from sandwich shop (try the belly buster) :D

Come take advantage of this amazing opportunity and feel free to bring cake and biscuits :xmas-smiley-031::xmas-smiley-031:

Unit 6 & 8 Holmeroid Road
Carcroft
Doncaster
DN6 7BH

All Are Welcome

PS... Anyone wanting tyres, if you could please let myself or Andy Willi know the sizes you require so we can make sure we have them in stock. We can advise on the price of tyres before the meet.

thank you I Will be there again John.:xmas-smiley-041:

Eljay55
21st December 2010, 16:39
Hi mate, i will be there (need the car washing Brian:icon_razz:).

I have the engine management light on after my maf went. I have fitted the synergy and pierberg maf so may need to be plugged in to reset the ECU ??

Oh, btw. The bottle pump is fine thanks Andy but can you do something about the cold as it hasnt thawed out for a week now:icon_cry:.

See you there, Graham

trebor
21st December 2010, 18:43
put me down please ( leave it ! )

sikelsh
22nd December 2010, 09:16
Hoping to make this one chaps :)

Looked good fun last time

Simon

johnwh74
22nd December 2010, 12:58
put me down please ( leave it ! )

Dont knoiw what you mean Rob :icon_question: :biggrinsanta:

Tatts
22nd December 2010, 14:13
Sadly I'm on shift (nights) that week. I'd like to see what Andy has done to his ZT to make it so quick!

J1MBO
24th December 2010, 14:19
John

Really enjoyed the last one, nothing - touch wood - needs doing to the V8 at the moment but would still love to attend for the chat, tea and butties, I'll bring biccies lol.

Cheers
Jim

baconbuttyman
31st December 2010, 14:41
Will try and get over John:laugh:

Eljay55
31st December 2010, 17:51
After my visit on Wednesday i don't need the work said(after you already done it:xmas-smiley-031:) but after our conversation i will be having a full service on the day and a new pcv filter...............oh and my sparkling brand new club grill badge placed in situ:icon_razz:.

Graham

johnwh74
9th January 2011, 21:22
Anyone want to fit my double din dvd sat nav and synergy two for me??:D:D

sikelsh
10th January 2011, 13:29
Anyone want to fit me a reverse switch to make the lights and buzzers work again.

Take it your keeping the Car John?

Simon

Devilish
10th January 2011, 19:38
Sounds interesting John, I would like to come to this gathering, need nothing doing though.

Dont knoiw what you mean Rob

Me Me I know I know :D

trebor
10th January 2011, 21:30
Me Me I know I know :D

go on then Steve feel free, i will forgive you

damienp
10th January 2011, 21:33
Sounds interesting John, I would like to come to this gathering, need nothing doing though.

Same here........ I think ;)

johnwh74
10th January 2011, 21:35

You're more than welcome to come along Devilish, Would be great to see you there. If you change your mind about anything needing doing then just let us know mate. Tracking balancing etc is all free to members on the day

regards John

Same here........ I think ;)

Not a problem, You'll have to take me for a ride in the 260 though :D

Feel free to bring cake or biscuits as well :drool4:

suzublu
10th January 2011, 21:58
Hi John, just had xenons fitted, does Andy have headlight alignment? If he has,i might pop down if that,s ok? Ronnie

J1MBO
11th January 2011, 09:45
Not a problem, You'll have to take me for a ride in the 260 though :D

Feel free to bring cake or biscuits as well :drool4:

Oh! the ride in my V8 not good enough for you then John. Being serious Damo's 260 is a completely different ride, if you get the chance you'll enjoy just watch him on corners lol :getmecoat:

Cheers
Jim

johnwh74
11th January 2011, 11:21
Oh! the ride in my V8 not good enough for you then John. Being serious Damo's 260 is a completely different ride, if you get the chance you'll enjoy just watch him on corners lol :getmecoat:

Cheers
Jim

What can i say Jim, I am just a V8 slut :D

Should be a good gathering again, looking forward to it

Suzublu - Sorry but we dont have that facility at our garage but let me see if the test centre down the road can sort you out

Regards
JOhn

Devilish
12th January 2011, 14:07

I will if no one else is doing it
What model double DIN do you have?

johnwh74
12th January 2011, 15:26
I will if no one else is doing it
What model double DIN do you have?

That would be great if you dont mind. I am thinking of wiring an xbox360 up to it as well but i got to get my head around powering it.

The model i have got is this one
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120667269235&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

thanks John

Eljay55
12th January 2011, 15:59
OOOOOh, thats a posh one John:}

Trouble is, when do you actually have time to drive when you have finished playing with all those gizmo's:D

See you Sunday,
Graham

andy willi
12th January 2011, 16:18
OOOOOh, thats a posh one John:}

Trouble is, when do you actually have time to drive when you have finished playing with all those gizmo's:D

See you Sunday,
Graham

Best thing about it is, if our lass does my head in, i can sneak off to the car plug the wireless xbox adapter into the car's xbox and play online in the car :D

Think it will need a good amp and subwoofer to add to the effects :D

See you sunday mate
John

v-man
13th January 2011, 14:19
Hi Andy and John

Any objections to me bringing my Rover 45 along?

Wouldn't mind having the tracking checked over, as the car sometimes feels a bit skittish (may just be cheap tyres). Plus I get the odd suspension type squeak, a possibly noisy wheel bearing, occasional squeaks from brakes (plus I think they don't work well enough) and I'd like to have a look underneath, as general underbody corrosion was an advisory on the last MOT.

johnwh74
13th January 2011, 15:00
Hi Andy and John

Any objections to me bringing my Rover 45 along?

Wouldn't mind having the tracking checked over, as the car sometimes feels a bit skittish (may just be cheap tyres). Plus I get the odd suspension type squeak, a possibly noisy wheel bearing, occasional squeaks from brakes (plus I think they don't work well enough) and I'd like to have a look underneath, as general underbody corrosion was an advisory on the last MOT.

Hi Ian

You're welcome to come over to our meet, Its still a rover so we have no problems with that at all:D

I am sure the advisory on the last mot stated someing about bringing cake or biscuits though :D:D

Regards JOhn

Devilish
15th January 2011, 14:59
That would be great if you dont mind. I am thinking of wiring an xbox360 up to it as well but i got to get my head around powering it.

The model i have got is this one
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120667269235&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

thanks John

Cages for these are a pain in the butt, I will make up a sliding rail system I devised, WIDE LOAD has his fitted the same way.

I would take a supply for the 360 from the supply side of the 12v rail of the fusebox, and fuse it independantly with a inline fuse near the 360. when it is off it is off, there is no standby power demand (I think)

All you need is a spare 360 PS lead

johnwh74
15th January 2011, 19:16
Cages for these are a pain in the butt, I will make up a sliding rail system I devised, WIDE LOAD has his fitted the same way.

I would take a supply for the 360 from the supply side of the 12v rail of the fusebox, and fuse it independantly with a inline fuse near the 360. when it is off it is off, there is no standby power demand (I think)

All you need is a spare 360 PS lead

That would be great, let me know if there is anything you need or there is cost making the parts involved.:bowdown:

I have got a 240v power converter for the 360 and i have a spare lead as well.
Hopefully it will be good once its all installed.

thanks John

Devilish
16th January 2011, 09:08
That would be great, let me know if there is anything you need or there is cost making the parts involved.:bowdown:

I have got a 240v power converter for the 360 and i have a spare lead as well.
Hopefully it will be good once its all installed.

thanks John

You will need a double DIN surround, I butchered my single DIN because I was applying walnut trim, your unit looks almost identical to the Xtrons.
http://i681.photobucket.com/albums/vv175/Devilish_UK/DIN2.jpg
if it is staying black you will need one. PM WIDE LOAD his black double DIN surround looks good and is a good fit, do not remember what surround it is. I know trebor has the BMW surround.

johnwh74
16th January 2011, 13:18
I have sent Trebor and Wideload a pm to see what theirs look like, I dont want to be copying other people, just looking for ideas.

had a look on ebay, not impressed to be honest but will have a root around and see what comes up

Devilish
16th January 2011, 17:05
I have sent Trebor and Wideload a pm to see what theirs look like, I dont want to be copying other people, just looking for ideas.

had a look on ebay, not impressed to be honest but will have a root around and see what comes up

Difficult not to copy when there is only one way, a pic of when oak was in my saloon
http://i681.photobucket.com/albums/vv175/Devilish_UK/HU2.jpg

how about a pair of mini louvre shutters- extra security :D
http://www.exterior-shutters.com/ProductImages/3002.jpg

I imagine you are toying with the idea of the 360 in the boot, the only way I can see the controllers working is to make up your own leads using domestic alarm cable, and run it to the glovebox

a 75 with a 360 tsk, hope my daughter does not find out :(

johnwh74
16th January 2011, 17:14
Difficult not to copy when there is only one way, a pic of when oak was in my saloon
http://i681.photobucket.com/albums/vv175/Devilish_UK/HU2.jpg

how about a pair of mini louvre shutters- extra security :D
http://www.exterior-shutters.com/ProductImages/3002.jpg

I imagine you are toying with the idea of the 360 in the boot, the only way I can see the controllers working is to make up your own leads using domestic alarm cable, and run it to the glovebox

I do like the look of both but i think the walnut would go better as that's what's in my 75 now. Maybe a silly question but do you know any where can i get hold of a walnut double surround?? Appreciate your help :D

Forgot to say - i have ordered the reverse camera as well as an added toy and it also comes with a double din fake facia so hopefully i wont have to have the sexy coloured louvre's to protect it lol

As for the location of the 360, i am wondering if i could actually get it to fit in the glovebox once the cd changer has been taken out, but then i am wondering about overheating it..........

graham2230
16th January 2011, 18:00

Unit 6 & 8 Holmeroid Road
Carcroft
Doncaster
DN6 7BH

All Are Welcome

thank you

Hi there,

New member but wouldn't mind coming along if that's ok?

Regards,

Graham

johnwh74
16th January 2011, 18:37
Hi there,

New member but wouldn't mind coming along if that's ok?

Regards,

Graham

Welcome Graham, come down and meet the gang, you're more than welcome mate.

Regards John

WIDE LOAD
16th January 2011, 18:38

Ah John, I took some photo's at our nano of mine after all.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l264/passionwagen/Photo0457.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l264/passionwagen/Photo0454.jpg

Regards
Mick.

andy willi
16th January 2011, 18:41
i want the old disc changer and radio please

andy

johnwh74
16th January 2011, 18:46
Thanks Mick, looks really good. Think i will end up going down the sticker root and doing it walnut to match the rest of the car. Should be good and i just hope i have enough AV ports to do what i am wanting to do

thanks
John

WIDE LOAD
16th January 2011, 18:48

andy
I'm hanging on to it for when that piece of Chinese rubbish I've fitted catches fire or blows up (whichever sooner) :D
sorry

WIDE LOAD
16th January 2011, 18:50
Thanks Mick, looks really good. Think i will end up going down the sticker root and doing it walnut to match the rest of the car. Should be good and i just hope i have enough AV ports to do what i am wanting to do

thanks
John
No worries Mate, glad to be of service ;)

johnwh74
16th January 2011, 18:50

andy

If you mean my old one, What wrong with the one you have in the vito van??
we need to take pics of that and post it on here :D

you can have it mate, whats it for ????????

john

graham2230
16th January 2011, 19:33
Welcome Graham, come down and meet the gang, you're more than welcome mate.

Regards John

Thanks,

Looking forward to it

Graham

J1MBO
16th January 2011, 22:48
Spoke to Andi at Newark, never thought to ask - any chance you'd have the time to fit a BBK throttle body and plenum to my V8. It's a used one, may have to source a couple of missing screws and gaskets before though.

No probs if it's a bit much, still attending either way.

Cheers
Jim

andy willi
17th January 2011, 08:08
cant see a problem fitting it

andy

J1MBO
17th January 2011, 09:24

andy

Thanks Andy, was going to print off a how to but I guess you won't need it lol. Checked again and only seem to be short two screws from what should be in the kit, I'm assuming that the plenum gasket can be reused.

Cheers see you on the 12th.

Jim

Devilish
17th January 2011, 12:01
do you know any where can i get hold of a walnut double surround

Simon in bulgaria is the only option, he made mine specially to surround the Xtrons from specs I gave him. He did not charge any extra. If you order a full kit or just a surround, he charges no extra for a double DIN trim of your own spec. He sells on ebay under bg3700, I have his email address but trebor who has don a lot of work on this, has a comprehensive thread on the subject. 3 things amazed me when I asked him to make mine.
1. He did not charge any extra
2. It was acurate to the mm
3. It had to be fitted accurate to the mm so it did not catch on the screen as it tilts, as I only allowed 1.5mm between the side of the screen and the trim. As you can see, you only get one go, and I got it dead centre :D

Best thing would be to try my surround and order the walnut trim surround the same size if the fit is the same.

gsteph
17th January 2011, 14:33
Hi Mind if I come along and have a look, I have been interested in one of these units for a while now and would love to see one in the metal, plus the chance to meet some of you guys.

Cheers George

johnwh74
17th January 2011, 14:44
Hi Mind if I come along and have a look, I have been interested in one of these units for a while now and would love to see one in the metal, plus the chance to meet some of you guys.

Cheers George

Everyone is welcome George - the more the better

regards John

Simon in bulgaria is the only option, he made mine specially to surround the Xtrons from specs I gave him. He did not charge any extra. If you order a full kit or just a surround, he charges no extra for a double DIN trim of your own spec. He sells on ebay under bg3700, I have his email address but trebor who has don a lot of work on this, has a comprehensive thread on the subject. 3 things amazed me when I asked him to make mine.
1. He did not charge any extra
2. It was acurate to the mm
3. It had to be fitted accurate to the mm so it did not catch on the screen as it tilts, as I only allowed 1.5mm between the side of the screen and the trim. As you can see, you only get one go, and I got it dead centre :D

Best thing would be to try my surround and order the walnut trim surround the same size if the fit is the same.

That is great that he doesnt charge any extra - nice t know there are people out there who are not just money grabbers :)

I have the dimensions, i wonder if i sent them over to him if he would be able to make to that spec???

Tell you something Steve, i didnt realise how much work was involved doing this. Thought it would be take one out & plug next one in.

Thanks for yours and Trebors help, much appreciated :bowdown:

Devilish
18th January 2011, 03:28
I have the dimensions, i wonder if i sent them over to him if he would be able to make to that spec???

According to the manufacurers spec the Xtrons width is 178mm, the Sion is 183mm. This would mean each side of your trim would need to be 2.5mm narrower than mine.

I have found the email from Simon from when I bought mine, and copied it below.

Hi Stephen

No problem

Just to double check, you need piece No 1 with just the sides (38 mm) and the bottom
I have attached a schematic of your kit as it will look.

http://i681.photobucket.com/albums/vv175/Devilish_UK/DoubledinTV.jpg
PM me your email address and I will send you the schematic above Simon sent me. What you need to do is attach it to an email to him, tell him you want item 1 you made for Stephen from the club, then he will know exactly what you want, but you need the sides of part 1 to be 35mm and the bottom.

I have been watching trebors thread closely, you may want to wait for Simons latest schematic,

PS Some ICE units need removal tools, if you can remove your ICE unit ready that would help

Richy
18th January 2011, 13:34
Hoefully everything will be sorted with my insurance and i will have my new car on the road, it would be great if you could cast your expert eyes over it and see if anything needs urgent attention. No problem if you are too busy will still try to be there.
I will even bake some home made cakes if need be :)

Paul

actros
18th January 2011, 19:37
Hoefully everything will be sorted with my insurance and i will have my new car on the road, it would be great if you could cast your expert eyes over it and see if anything needs urgent attention. No problem if you are too busy will still try to be there.
I will even bake some home made cakes if need be :)

PaulHi Paul if by any chance you don't get your cae mate you can always come with me .

Richy
18th January 2011, 19:52
Hi Paul if by any chance you don't get your cae mate you can always come with me .

Thanks Brian, i bet you just want to eat all the cake before we get there :)

johnwh74
18th January 2011, 21:15
Thanks Brian, i bet you just want to eat all the cake before we get there :)

Brian's bringing the cake :D

No probs Richy - you're more than welcome and we can do whatever needs doing as long as you dont eat all the cake if you do come with Brian :D

regards John

johnwh74
18th January 2011, 21:51
According to the manufacurers spec the Xtrons width is 178mm, the Sion is 183mm. This would mean each side of your trim would need to be 2.5mm narrower than mine.

I have found the email from Simon from when I bought mine, and copied it below.

Hi Stephen

No problem

Just to double check, you need piece No 1 with just the sides (38 mm) and the bottom
I have attached a schematic of your kit as it will look.

http://i681.photobucket.com/albums/vv175/Devilish_UK/DoubledinTV.jpg
PM me your email address and I will send you the schematic above Simon sent me. What you need to do is attach it to an email to him, tell him you want item 1 you made for Stephen from the club, then he will know exactly what you want, but you need the sides of part 1 to be 35mm and the bottom.

I have been watching trebors thread closely, you may want to wait for Simons latest schematic,

PS Some ICE units need removal tools, if you can remove your ICE unit ready that would help

Thanks for the E-mail mate

there are a few pieces that i will be ordering from him and he has said he can do an xbox 360 in walnut, just needs a faceplate from it to copy. Should look amazing if we can get it all tied in and working :bowdown:

regards John

J1MBO
25th January 2011, 11:25
Spoke to Andy at Newark, never thought to ask - any chance you'd have the time to fit a BBK throttle body and plenum to my V8. It's a used one, may have to source a couple of missing screws and gaskets before though.

No probs if it's a bit much, still attending either way.

Cheers

Jim

andy

Just found out current insurers don't allow ANY engine mods so I'll not want this fitting now - still got six months to run on the policy.

I'll still be attending though.

Cheers
Jim

v-man
25th January 2011, 13:24
Just found out current insurers don't allow ANY engine mods so I'll not want this fitting now
Jim

Thats too bad Jim. Seems a fair few companies won't cover performance mods on Rovers, though cosmetic changes are ok if notified.

johnwh74
25th January 2011, 13:37
Just found out current insurers don't allow ANY engine mods Cheers
Jim

What's the saying......

what they dont know wont hurt them :D

Ok Jimbo no probs mate - would of been interesting though

regards john

J1MBO
25th January 2011, 13:54
Thats too bad Jim. Seems a fair few companies won't cover performance mods on Rovers, though cosmetic changes are ok if notified.

Yes seems so Ian, don't think they'll be getting my business again in six months time. Don't want to repeat what they said when I asked about putting a provisional licence holder on the policy...............

What's the saying......

what they dont know wont hurt them :D

Ok Jimbo no probs mate - would of been interesting though

regards john

I know what you're saying John, but knowing my luck I'd have been caught out if I'd had it fitted and not declared it.

Still could be interesting for you though, you might end up fitting it but to another car........

Cheers
Jim

rrobson
25th January 2011, 15:03
john, do you get part worns in? if not, how much for two 195/60/15?

cheers mate :)

starbug2
25th January 2011, 15:33
well i hope the meet will go well and i'm sure it will :} they have much knowledge and all the stuff garages have so i'm sure you will get much done apart from cake and hobnobs and much coffee :D i'll think of you lot while i make do with being in Bournemouth for a sci-fi convention :alien::party::wine::chat::jedi::band::drunk: ,well makes a change from going to car meets :D:driving::driving::driving:
:grouphug:

johnwh74
26th January 2011, 18:03
:Dwell i hope the meet will go well and i'm sure it will :} they have much knowledge and all the stuff garages have so i'm sure you will get much done apart from cake and hobnobs and much coffee :D i'll think of you lot while i make do with being in Bournemouth for a sci-fi convention :alien::party::wine::chat::jedi::band::drunk: ,well makes a change from going to car meets :D:driving::driving::driving:
:grouphug:

Thanks for the 2 x choc hobnobs - damn shame i forgot Andy cannot eat them :D:D

Was good to see you mate - hope you can make the next one. Enjoy your convention. LLAP :D

John

johnwh74
26th January 2011, 18:08
john, do you get part worns in? if not, how much for two 195/60/15?

cheers mate :)

Hi mate

Sorry but i dont have any of those sizes as part worns -

I can quote on new ones at members rates if thats any good :)

cheers JOhn

rrobson
26th January 2011, 20:48
Hi mate

Sorry but i dont have any of those sizes as part worns -

I can quote on new ones at members rates if thats any good :)

cheers JOhn

if you please, just budgets. cant be any worse than whats on :D

i will hopefully be down anyway, but tyres will be another thing off the list :)

johnwh74
26th January 2011, 20:49

i will hopefully be down anyway, but tyres will be another thing off the list :)

I will have a look tomorrow for you mate and let you know.

Regards john

stocktake
26th January 2011, 20:55
Hi Paul if by any chance you don't get your car mate you can always come with me .
Once bitten me thinks ;)

johnwh74
28th January 2011, 14:38

Hi Mate

Pace PC20's are the cheapest budget i can get. £78 for both tyres fitted and balanced :D

Or I can do you a pair of Kingpin Remoulds for £55 all in
Regards
JOhn

graham2230
28th January 2011, 22:01
John,

Can you price parts for me to carry out a service please? Need air filter, cab air filter, fuel and oil filters.

2002 plate 2ltr diesel.

Thanks,

Graham

johnwh74
28th January 2011, 22:48
John,

Can you price parts for me to carry out a service please? Need air filter, cab air filter, fuel and oil filters.

2002 plate 2ltr diesel.

Thanks,

Graham

Hi Graham

i will price it all up tomorrow and let you know mate.

regards john

rrobson
28th January 2011, 22:52
Hi Mate

Pace PC20's are the cheapest budget i can get. £78 for both tyres fitted and balanced :D

Or I can do you a pair of Kingpin Remoulds for £55 all in
Regards
JOhn

thanks for that. i will be in touch if i need any :)

ive heared remoulds are getting quite good now, and isnt kingpin quite a large company? whats your experience of them? never even considered a remould tyre, although i dont no if id want to...

flyer_phil
31st January 2011, 10:27
Hi can you put me down too.

Bye the way do you have any front bushes and what would be the cost. Are they difficult to fit?

woolleysox
31st January 2011, 17:54
Hi Guys I fancy a trip out for a coffee and a bickey:D and im sure can join Trebor and devilish in a convoy. Will that be ok? Rob

Hi John as per telecom can you please arange 4 wheel laser tracking on day many thanks

Wolves 75
31st January 2011, 18:31
Hi guys, I will be looking at having a run up there to, just for a Coffee, unfortunatly will not know until the Saturday, cant confirm to a convoy so may just gun it up there alone, hopefully see you all there.....:D

trebor
31st January 2011, 19:04
convoy will be happening, do you want to organise it Rob as you have become so good at it

Eljay55
1st February 2011, 10:12
Hey!! This Nano meet is getting bigger than a National meet:D:D

Better get some more Tea and Coffee in John but don't worry about getting any for Andy as he will be too busy;)

looking forward to this meet

Graham

johnwh74
1st February 2011, 21:17
Hi guys, I will be looking at having a run up there to, just for a Coffee, unfortunatly will not know until the Saturday, cant confirm to a convoy so may just gun it up there alone, hopefully see you all there.....:D

Hi Lyndon - be nice if you could make it up here mate.
Amy asks if you're bringing Benson :shrug:

woolleysox
1st February 2011, 21:21
convoy will be happening, do you want to organise it Rob as you have become so good at it

already in the planning stages:D sorted simples

starbug2
2nd February 2011, 15:55
beware of weeing dogs though :D

Eljay55
2nd February 2011, 16:31
Does anyone fancy fitting my crofts door finishers as i'm too ham fisted to do this to make them look smart:getmecoat:
If anyone has the silicone or the tape spare i will be more than willing to pay for said items.

Graham

woolleysox
2nd February 2011, 22:31
already in the planning stages:D sorted simples

Ok Rubber Duck we have a convoy:D Anyone is welcome to join just add your name and the pick up point.

starts as most of our convoys do

Turf Lodge A5 Watling Street 08.45
Trebor
Devilish
Fradley A45 laybye 09.00
Woolleysox
M1 junction 28 09.20
M1 North bound.
poss pick up points Services
Damien P
exit Mi junction 32
join M18 towards Doncaster/Hull
M18 junction 2 exit onto A1 M
A1m junction 38 A638 to wakefield
B1220 Doncaster lane
Right into bentley Morr lane
Right into Holmeroyd Road 10.15 ETA

all times are approximate,:D
80 miles 1 hour 30 mins

damienp
2nd February 2011, 23:10
I know what you're saying John, but knowing my luck I'd have been caught out if I'd had it fitted and not declared it.

Still could be interesting for you though, you might end up fitting it but to another car........

Cheers
Jim

And that would be me, please. Is there any chance of fitting this John/ Andy PLEEEEASE

damienp
2nd February 2011, 23:14
Ok Rubber Duck we have a convoy:D Anyone is welcome to join just add your name and the pick up point.

starts as most of our convoys do

Turf Lodge A5 Watling Street 08.45
Trebor
Devilish
Fradley A45 laybye 09.00
Woolleysox
M1 junction 28 09.20
M1 North bound.
poss pick up points Services
exit Mi junction 32
join M18 towards Doncaster/Hull
M18 junction 2 exit onto A1 M
A1m junction 38 A638 to wakefield
B1220 Doncaster lane
Right into bentley Morr lane
Right into Holmeroyd Road 10.15 ETA

all times are approximate,:D
80 miles 1 hour 30 mins

May i join in please Rob. I can pick up the tail of this at either jct30 or jct31 of the m1. I can sit at the top of the slip road and watch out for you coming past.
Thanks, D

woolleysox
3rd February 2011, 00:02
Hi Damien your most welcome :D

J1MBO
3rd February 2011, 20:52
Love to join in the convoy Rob, but I'll be well on my way before you leave. :rolleyes: :wink2:

woolleysox
4th February 2011, 09:19
Love to join in the convoy Rob, but I'll be well on my way before you leave. :rolleyes: :wink2:

No probs Jim see you on site.

Next Convoy Prescott Hill :D:D

andy willi
4th February 2011, 22:53
And that would be me, please. Is there any chance of fitting this John/ Andy PLEEEEASE

will try to do but many jobs booked in will do are best

andy

JT667
5th February 2011, 14:10
Hi guys, just come across the detail - never thought of looking in this part of the forum. keen to attend, couple of niggly probs - bulb failure light and Airbag lights stuck on permenently. I've replaced two dud bulbs but still glowing and airbag was intermittant but now permanently on. would your diagnostics help here - might even tag onto the convoy that Wolleysox has mentioned (when its gets to A1)
Jack

v-man
5th February 2011, 14:59
Hi guys, just come across the detail - never thought of looking in this part of the forum. keen to attend, couple of niggly probs - bulb failure light and Airbag lights stuck on permenently. I've replaced two dud bulbs but still glowing and airbag was intermittant but now permanently on. would your diagnostics help here - might even tag onto the convoy that Wolleysox has mentioned (when its gets to A1)
Jack

Have you fitted LED sidelights or similar, as they might trigger the warning light.

JT667
5th February 2011, 15:18
v-man: no LEDs, just replaced O/S dipped and O/S brake bulbs

woolleysox
5th February 2011, 16:42
Hi Jack

you would be more than welcome:D

the airbag light may be just the plug under the drivers seat its quite a common fault on the 75 and its zt brothers.

Jack

dave s a
5th February 2011, 17:37
hi would like to come along would you be able to change the gear box fliud and give the car once over also would like to disscuss a project on a zt190 many thanks dave:bowdown:

sikelsh
5th February 2011, 17:58
Chaps, I dont want to be rude to anyone or tiddle on bonfires, so dont take this the wrong way, especially as I may come face to face next weekend.:D

John and Andy both have hearts of gold so they probably wouldnt say this, but the original idea was to make use of Andy & Johns very kindly donated facilities to help each other out with issues with our cars.

For example, I may need to take my bumper off, something I havent done before, being in the company of more experienced folk, will give me the confidence to ask for a bit of advice, and also to say "would someone just hold this for me"

Hope I'm not speaking out of turn, but I think if you turn up thinking Andy and John will be doing all the work, then you may be disappointed.

Simon

Eljay55
5th February 2011, 19:47
Totally agree with you Simon. A nano meet is exactly what it says on the tin!
Members helping members etc.

johnwh74
5th February 2011, 21:05
dear members and Friends

Myself and Andy would just like to say that this is a nano meet, we are here to help, offer our expertise, advise, facilities, tools and the kettle as required.

The idea of a nano meet is for people to come to a friendly place to do your own repairs or modifications with people who you can turn to if you need help or guidance, not for myself or Andy to do the work for you. We will help out anyway we can, provide the tools, advise and a helping hand if required.

We are doing laser alignment tracking for members and we are also doing a full service so people can watch and learn how to do it for themselves in the future.

Hope this hasnt put any noses out of joint and as it has already been said, We do have hearts of gold and are willing to help however we can

Regards
John and Andy - A & L automotive

Wolves 75
5th February 2011, 21:20

Hi John
Sorry only just picked this up, unfortunately Benson will not be coming, I may have to pull into Crewe on the way up to do a bit of railway work, but hopefully I will be there......:D

johnwh74
5th February 2011, 22:23
Hi John
Sorry only just picked this up, unfortunately Benson will not be coming, I may have to pull into Crewe on the way up to do a bit of railway work, but hopefully I will be there......:D

Hi Lyndon

That's ok mate. Just broke the news to amy and i got the sad puppy dog eyes and the sad face, guessing she doesnt realise she will be too busy filling the kettle and passing the biscuits around anyway :D

See you saturday i hope mate

graham2230
5th February 2011, 22:37
On the subject of biscuits, which kind do you and Andy prefer as way of "payment"?

Graham

johnwh74
5th February 2011, 22:42
On the subject of biscuits, which kind do you and Andy prefer as way of "payment"?

Graham

:D Bring whatever you want mate - as long as they are not Rich tea biscuits :D :flushed::D

J1MBO
5th February 2011, 22:45

dear members and Friends

Myself and Andy would just like to say that this is a nano meet, we are here to help, offer our expertise, advise, facilities, tools and the kettle as required.

The idea of a nano meet is for people to come to a friendly place to do your own repairs or modifications with people who you can turn to if you need help or guidance, not for myself or Andy to do the work for you. We will help out anyway we can, provide the tools, advise and a helping hand if required.

We are doing laser alignment tracking for members and we are also doing a full service so people can watch and learn how to do it for themselves in the future.

Hope this hasnt put any noses out of joint and as it has already been said, We do have hearts of gold and are willing to help however we can

Regards
John and Andy - A & L automotive

Damo -just a thought - maybe we could fit the BBK to your V8 between us under the watchful eyes of Andy and John, I've printed off a "how to" from one of the American Muscle Car sites and it looks quite straightforward. Originally was going to do it myself if it had been fitted to my car.

Cheers, see you all Saturday

Jim

Devilish
6th February 2011, 04:41
Heyup Lyndon, thought you might like to see what is on the cover of the RSR February club mag

http://i681.photobucket.com/albums/vv175/Devilish_UK/Febfreewheel2011wolves.jpg

dave s a
6th February 2011, 13:23
sorry if i got it wrong i was hopeing to pay them to do the gearbox oil change and meet some new people kill two birds with one stone could some one let me know if this ok or would it be better for me to buy the fliuld and do it myself thanks dave:confused:

sikelsh
6th February 2011, 13:40
Dave my post wasnt aimed at you, it just happened to follow your post, sorry if its seemed that way.

It was just that I was speaking with John and Andy that day and they seemed concerned that they had started something and they couldn't fit all jobs in.

I cant help you personally, but someone attending may be able to do it.

Dont let my post put you off coming, last thing I wanted.

Simon

andy willi
6th February 2011, 18:17
oil change on gearbox is not a problem to do on the day but you will have to wait until the ramp is free as there are a few jobes for us to do

andy

JT667
6th February 2011, 20:31
Mentioned earlier about coming along on Sat and an issue with bulbs but my main intention is to fit a new screen washer pump which is where access to a ramp or axle stands comes in. I have the 'no spare type or car jack' system so jobs like this are difficult - might be able to see if I have got the dip beam bulb in the right way with the wheel and arch liner off. Also hope to fit a replacement rear wiper motor if they arrive before Sat. Suspect I'll have to get in the queue. Look forward to meeting some other enthusiasts on the day.
PS do you have a cappucino machine?:drool4:

gmax333
6th February 2011, 20:42
I'd like to come down if that's ok. Are you based just behind Motorhog/Donny motor spares?

Eljay55
6th February 2011, 20:50
I'd like to come down if that's ok. Are you based just behind Motorhog/Donny motor spares?

Hi Gary
Just the other side of the road

Graham

sikelsh
6th February 2011, 21:11

If your coming could you bring the fog light :) and ill fit it and pay up then?

stocktake
6th February 2011, 21:51
Mentioned earlier about coming along on Sat and an issue with bulbs but my main intention is to fit a new screen washer pump which is where access to a ramp or axle stands comes in. I have the 'no spare type or car jack' system so jobs like this are difficult - might be able to see if I have got the dip beam bulb in the right way with the wheel and arch liner off. Also hope to fit a replacement rear wiper motor if they arrive before Sat. Suspect I'll have to get in the queue. Look forward to meeting some other enthusiasts on the day.
PS do you have a cappucino machine?:drool4:

We can get to the washer pump by just moving the liner to one side, not a big job ;)

damienp
6th February 2011, 21:55
Damo -just a thought - maybe we could fit the BBK to your V8 between us under the watchful eyes of Andy and John, I've printed off a "how to" from one of the American Muscle Car sites and it looks quite straightforward. Originally was going to do it myself if it had been fitted to my car.

Cheers, see you all Saturday

Jim

Excellent Jim, thankyou. I now understand what nano meet means. I've got the swear box just incase anyone else forgets ;)

J1MBO
7th February 2011, 10:43
Excellent Jim, thankyou. I now understand what nano meet means. I've got the swear box just incase anyone else forgets ;)

No probs Damien - see you Saturday

Cheers
Jim

dave s a
7th February 2011, 18:58
no problem will come early sat maybe able to help with other jobs thanks dave see you sat

carl
8th February 2011, 08:44
We're off on Saturday so both of us will be attending

Does anyone fancy fitting my crofts door finishers as i'm too ham fisted to do this to make them look smart:getmecoat:
If anyone has the silicone or the tape spare i will be more than willing to pay for said items.

Graham

I have a tube of silicone in the garage that we used to fix ours on with I'll bring it with us

Synergy two is easy to fit I've fitted ours and Stobby's 2 minute job so I'll have a look if you want

Can someone have a look into our FBH as I think has a mind of it's own, we also have a pair of tyre protectors we should fit after having them for 18 months

damienp
8th February 2011, 09:00
Hey... be nice to see you there Carl.
Btw..... I hope there's plenty of parking at this shop....... and can i ask...... is it near any main roads, because if passers by see all these 75s and mg's being taken to pieces..... well.... it doesn't look good does it. It won't do anything for our reputation will it......... or could it work the other way? :shrug::shrug::shrug:

andy willi
8th February 2011, 09:03
loads of room and well away from road and cafe over the road we can park over 100 cars no problem

andy

carl
8th February 2011, 09:07
did I hear you right Damo - nice to see a Diesel :shrug:

It will certainly make a good piccy a nice herd (is that the collective term for 75`s ? ) of 75`s/Zt`s

J1MBO
8th February 2011, 11:13

It will certainly make a good piccy a nice herd (is that the collective term for 75`s ? ) of 75`s/Zt`s

The way we think about them I would suggest a "Pride of 75's/ZT's" would be just about right for the collective term.

See you and Kirst on Saturday.

Cheers
Jim

actros
8th February 2011, 14:22

It will certainly make a good piccy a nice herd (is that the collective term for 75`s ? ) of 75`s/Zt`sHi Carl myself and Richy are meeting up so if you and Sobby would like to join us then we to could have a convoy.
:drool4::drool4:

FLYER
8th February 2011, 14:34
nice turnout of hijackers , remember the piccys .

J1MBO
8th February 2011, 15:06
nice turnout of hijackers , remember the piccys .

I'll take some of Damo's V8 whilst we're working on it - will that do lol :getmecoat:

FLYER
8th February 2011, 15:12
I'll take some of Damo's V8 whilst we're working on it - will that do lol :getmecoat:

Huh , I suppose . Lol.

Eljay55
8th February 2011, 17:36
Thanks Carl, that would be great.
Graham

v-man
8th February 2011, 17:54
Ok have a better understanding of a nano meet now, thanks to earlier posts.

Would still like Andy to check wheel alignment and if possible inspect brakes/suspension and advise. If time to replace petrol filter for me.

For others attending is anyone able to do one or more of the following for me?

Replace rear bumper, had replacement delivered today. Have crumple cans too.
Fit aftermarket reverse sensor kit (subject to it arriving in time). Bumper will need drilling, so need access to power drill.

Replace existing single din head unit with aftermarket H&B MP3/CD player. Have BMW loom to ISO adaptor already.
Install Clarion SRV313 underseat subwoofer (again subject to it arriving in time).

carl
8th February 2011, 20:28
Ian haved you got the bit to drill the holes, we've got one if you want us to bring it, we'll bring the battery drill with us and have a look at it and see what we can do for you so bring it all with you

carl
8th February 2011, 20:30
Graham if you have some masking tape bring it with you because the door finishes move before the silicone sets

johnwh74
8th February 2011, 21:18
We do have a cordless drill that can be used - i will make sure the batteries are charged as well

john

carl
8th February 2011, 21:32
good stuff - didnt want to tie the work shop up using a cordled drill

carl
9th February 2011, 07:40
Jimbo - can I pester you for a use of your service counter reset tool that i was supposed to collect at elvington , then again at Flyers wedding lol

johnwh74
9th February 2011, 08:51
Jimbo - can I pester you for a use of your service counter reset tool that i was supposed to collect at elvington , then again at Flyers wedding lol

We can also do that on our machine too :D

woolleysox
9th February 2011, 09:56
At our last chasewater meet a Rover 600 pulled up and the guy asked if the cars were for sale! Cheak of it!! our pride and joy for sale :p::p::getmecoat:

Hey... be nice to see you there Carl.
Btw..... I hope there's plenty of parking at this shop....... and can i ask...... is it near any main roads, because if passers by see all these 75s and mg's being taken to pieces..... well.... it doesn't look good does it. It won't do anything for our reputation will it......... or could it work the other way? :shrug::shrug::shrug:

v-man
9th February 2011, 10:16
Ian haved you got the bit to drill the holes, we've got one if you want us to bring it, we'll bring the battery drill with us and have a look at it and see what we can do for you so bring it all with you

The kit includes 21mm hole saw, but might be useful to have another just in case. I read someplace that mains power is best option when drilling the bumper, but I guess a decent 18/24v would do the job.

Graham if you have some masking tape bring it with you because the door finishes move before the silicone sets

I've got some, just need to remember to bring it....

J1MBO
9th February 2011, 10:51

We can also do that on our machine too :D

Well that would seem to solve the service reset for you Carl.

Cheers
Jim

Eljay55
9th February 2011, 11:49
Carl, masking tape already in the car.:)

Actros is bringing his service reset tool aswell as between us we already was going to do mine.

John/Andy, you have a pm.

Graham

carl
9th February 2011, 19:24
Our hole saw is 21mm Ian so yours should do - I did ours with a battery drill the bumpers arnt that tough. - Kirsts just made a good point , we`ll need masking tape for drilling your bumper Ian

Im assuming that youve reversed into something Ian , hence the new bumper with sensors ?

Can anyone with McGuard Locking nuts bring thier key as we have a set to which weve lost the key and im trying to find out the key number (I know its a long shot but worth a try)

sikelsh
9th February 2011, 19:41
Guys I will be there on Saturday with the Rover 75, however may be a little late as it would seem the whole world wants to come to my house and buy the ZT on Saturday Morning!

I still need to take the bumper off the 75 and fit the bulb and foglight, and I have a knock underneath that could do with assessment if your taking lists of Jobs that folks could help with.

Simon

carl
9th February 2011, 19:57
Hi Carl myself and Richy are meeting up so if you and Sobby would like to join us then we to could have a convoy.
:drool4::drool4:

What time you setting off Brian ? Stobby wont becoming as he`s in bed with mumps :hurt:

v-man
9th February 2011, 20:44
Our hole saw is 21mm Ian so yours should do - I did ours with a battery drill the bumpers arnt that tough. - Kirsts just made a good point , we`ll need masking tape for drilling your bumper Ian

Im assuming that youve reversed into something Ian , hence the new bumper with sensors?

Correct :(

After an argument with a small metal post....

http://thumbnails24.imagebam.com/10566/b5592c105658216.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/b5592c105658216)

Thought it might be a good idea to have more than one hole saw, in case the one I get is rubbish.

Sensors seemed a good idea and easier do with bumper off.
http://www.imagebam.com/image/b5592c105658216

carl
9th February 2011, 20:49
Crash cans should be ok by look of that but there an easy change

Did you get the sensor kit from E bay ?

v-man
9th February 2011, 21:14
Crash cans should be ok by look of that but there an easy change

Did you get the sensor kit from E bay ?

I did get them from eBay, as recommended on here they use CISBO system and they are already silver coloured.

I got the cans just in case, nearly bought one from guy on eBay who sells them for £17.50 each. Instead I got them via eBay, but from same person who supplied the bumper and reckon I got a good deal.

carl
9th February 2011, 21:16
yeah sounds like you got the same sensors as Kirsts - there a nice easy fit

v-man
9th February 2011, 21:23
yeah sounds like you got the same sensors as Kirsts - there a nice easy fit

Be nice if thats the case.

These (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370267329207) are the ones.

johnwh74
9th February 2011, 21:30
Guys I will be there on Saturday with the Rover 75, however may be a little late as it would seem the whole world wants to come to my house and buy the ZT on Saturday Morning!

I still need to take the bumper off the 75 and fit the bulb and foglight, and I have a knock underneath that could do with assessment if your taking lists of Jobs that folks could help with.

Simon

You should of told them to come to the meet and view it there - We then wouldnt of let them leave until they had bought it :D:D

v-man
9th February 2011, 21:42
You should of told them to come to the meet and view it there - We then wouldnt of let them leave until they had bought it :D:D

Hehe, thats a clever idea.

Maybe get to join the forum at the same time.

bladerunner
9th February 2011, 22:34
might try and pop over for this one, ive got a few questions to ask

johnwh74
9th February 2011, 22:46
might try and pop over for this one, ive got a few questions to ask

Well i am sure there will be plenty of people to ask Bladerunner so feel free to join in :)

John

trebor
9th February 2011, 23:22
Well i am sure there will be plenty of people to ask Bladerunner so feel free to join in :)

John

hope you have enough parking spaces !

carl
10th February 2011, 01:08
Be nice if thats the case.

These (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370267329207) are the ones.
There not quite like kirsts , hers just make a noise no fancy lights but theyll be an easy fit

v-man
10th February 2011, 01:33

Don't think that should be a problem....

loads of room and well away from road and cafe over the road we can park over 100 cars no problem

andy

sikelsh
10th February 2011, 07:12

LOL introducing the buyer to you lot might have a negative effect!! LOL:D

carl
10th February 2011, 07:33

youd have been fairly safe the scottish lot are too far north

johnwh74
10th February 2011, 08:47

Plenty of space mate

Your prospective buyer called me this morning and i think your car may be sold now

No need to thank me, just bring my cut to the meet on sat :D:D

JOhn

Kirst
10th February 2011, 09:39
Will choccy cake be alright with everyone ? if so ill get my baking hat on this afternoon :munch::munch::munch::munch:

johnwh74
10th February 2011, 09:44
Will choccy cake be alright with everyone ? if so ill get my baking hat on this afternoon :munch::munch::munch::munch:

Anything without nuts in it will be fine Kirst :bowdown::bowdown: :drool4:

Wouldnt want anyone with nut allergys to have a fit now would we :D

JOhn

sikelsh
10th February 2011, 09:54
Your prospective buyer called me this morning and i think your car may be sold now

No need to thank me, just bring my cut to the meet on sat :D:D

JOhn

Thanks John, most appreciated, and sure ill bring something to cut the cakes with :)

Simon

johnwh74
10th February 2011, 11:18
Thanks John, most appreciated, and sure ill bring something to cut the cakes with :)

Simon

:D:D:D That made me chuckle

carl
10th February 2011, 13:35
kirsts cakes arnt that bad that youll need a grinder

v-man
10th February 2011, 14:33
Ok have a better understanding of a nano meet now, thanks to earlier posts.

Would still like Andy to check wheel alignment and if possible inspect brakes/suspension and advise. If time to replace petrol filter for me.

For others attending is anyone able to do one or more of the following for me?

Replace rear bumper, had replacement delivered today. Have crumple cans too.
Fit aftermarket reverse sensor kit (subject to it arriving in time). Bumper will need drilling, so need access to power drill.

Replace existing single din head unit with aftermarket H&B MP3/CD player. Have BMW loom to ISO adaptor already.
Install Clarion SRV313 underseat subwoofer (again subject to it arriving in time).

Right sensor kits arrived and the Clarion sub too, just need volunteers :)

johnwh74
10th February 2011, 15:20
kirsts cakes arnt that bad that youll need a grinder

Well the tool man has just been ae bought some new grinding discs just in case :D:D:getmecoat:

carl
10th February 2011, 15:46
she`ll hit you if your not careful

v-man
10th February 2011, 16:01
Well the tool man has just been ae bought some new heavy-duty grinding discs just in case :D:D:getmecoat:

New dentures too?

:getmecoat:

carl
10th February 2011, 16:07
New dentures too?

:getmecoat:

Well you`ll know about dentures at your age Ian :rofl:

starbug2
10th February 2011, 16:27
this were i'll be :ladysman::pepsi::drunk::chat::jedi::jedi::trans:: party: i hope you will all have as much fun .
http://www.sfball.com/sfball/index.php

v-man
10th February 2011, 17:24
Well you`ll know about dentures at your age Ian :rofl:

Thanks.... not

http://www.emofaces.com/en/emoticons/z/zimmer-frame-emoticon.gif

johnwh74
10th February 2011, 18:23
she`ll hit you if your not careful

Think yourself lucky Carl, at least Kirst knows where the cooker is. Unlike mine who needs a sat nav to guide her to it :getmecoat:

LOW FLYER
10th February 2011, 20:21
will anyone be able to help with gearbox, my third gears flaring so i guess its a valve?...but which one
:mad:

LOW FLYER
10th February 2011, 20:30
iam hoping to get over as well,my mate has a garage up hexthorpe.Will anyone thats going to be there be able to help with jatco autobox flaring in third...guess its a valve but i need to know which one.....any help plzzzzzzz.

andy willi
10th February 2011, 20:46
there will be a t4 computer on the day this will tell you everything you want

see big russ

andy

carl
10th February 2011, 20:57
Think yourself lucky Carl, at least Kirst knows where the cooker is. Unlike mine who needs a sat nav to guide her to it :getmecoat:

is it not on the other end of her chain :shrug:

johnwh74
10th February 2011, 21:00
is it not on the other end of her chain :shrug:

Thats where i have been going wrong mate - one end of the chain is the bedroom and the other just reaches to the kitchen sink. I need to extend her chain :D :getmecoat:

Im so glad Amy doesnt read this :D

andy willi
10th February 2011, 21:13
SHE WILL ON SATURDAY I WILL MAKE SHURE OF IT

your t shirt is here

johnwh74
10th February 2011, 21:53
SHE WILL ON SATURDAY I WILL MAKE SHURE OF IT

your t shirt is here

Mass deleting of john's post are required :D

Fantastic mate - makes me feel special :bowdown:

andy willi
10th February 2011, 21:55
- makes me feel special

o you are belive me

trebor
11th February 2011, 12:45
I have just received some chrome air vent covers and surrounds from Simon in Bulgaria which should hopefully be the final fit, I will bring them to the meet tomorrow and test fit and take a few pictures so anyone interested can have a closer look

Kirst
11th February 2011, 14:17
thats cake baked , just needs decorating it tastes good, and biscuits are in the oven :drool4:

M9_Nut
11th February 2011, 18:41
Is there room for one more?

Sorry I'm a late comer but work only confirmed I could have tonight off earlier on today!

I would love to know how to do a full service so watching that would be great. As would a tracking check and wheel balance!

I'd also appreciate some advice on fitting the rear blind and powerfolds (not really planning on doing them tomorrow but would love to speak to someone that has fitted them!)

andy willi
11th February 2011, 20:03
you are most welcome be good to see you

andy

johnwh74
11th February 2011, 20:03
Is there room for one more?

Sorry I'm a late comer but work only confirmed I could have tonight off earlier on today!

I would love to know how to do a full service so watching that would be great. As would a tracking check and wheel balance!

I'd also appreciate some advice on fitting the rear blind and powerfolds (not really planning on doing them tomorrow but would love to speak to someone that has fitted them!)

Hi Ian

You're more than welcome mate. Plenty of people in the know who can help you i am sure of it

regards John

you are most welcome be good to see you

andy

Damn you beat me to it :getmecoat:

M9_Nut
11th February 2011, 21:29
Cheers guys,

I will bring my vax and plenty of carpet shampoo if any one wants their interior cleaning.
Thanks for the ok re electricity and water John.

Did I read something about a convoy earlier in the thread? I'm on my iPhone at the moment and the signal here isn't great - could someone please confirm times and places? Thanks

andy willi
11th February 2011, 22:54
open from 8 am if i get up but john there at 7.30

andy

woolleysox
11th February 2011, 23:22
Hi Ian we have a convoy A38 North from the west mids joining
the M1 at junction 28. around 9.45. Hope that helps.

Cheers guys,

I will bring my vax and plenty of carpet shampoo if any one wants their interior cleaning.
Thanks for the ok re electricity and water John.

Did I read something about a convoy earlier in the thread? I'm on my iPhone at the moment and the signal here isn't great - could someone please confirm times and places? Thanks

M9_Nut
12th February 2011, 01:52
cheers Rob, and thanks for the PM

I'll start a leisurely drive "oop north" just after 9 from J 25 then ;-)

carl
12th February 2011, 06:55
i have a new FBH so hopefully we`ll be able to lash something together

johnwh74
12th February 2011, 07:17
I will be there at 8.00am
Why does i take women so long to get ready :shrug:

john

carl
12th February 2011, 17:13
We just got home in time to see then end of Englaqnd thrashing the italians at rugby

Here`s a few piccys of the day

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g38/carlofbrigg/doncaster/SDC13359.jpg

Believe it or not this was all to change a headlight bulb

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g38/carlofbrigg/doncaster/SDC13355.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g38/carlofbrigg/doncaster/SDC13351.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g38/carlofbrigg/doncaster/SDC13353.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g38/carlofbrigg/doncaster/SDC13354.jpg
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g38/carlofbrigg/doncaster/SDC13347.jpg

Me chasing rust on V mans 45

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g38/carlofbrigg/doncaster/SDC13348.jpg

V-man supervising the work in progress

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g38/carlofbrigg/doncaster/SDC13349.jpg

The result of Ian finding a small post in the 45 (hopefully the new parking sensors will prevent a repeat performance)

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g38/carlofbrigg/doncaster/SDC13362.jpg

Kirsts ZT - Minus one wheel

Thanks to Andy and John for the day and to andy for fitting the tyre protectors and the spare seat

FLYER
12th February 2011, 17:21
Lookslike a grand day , plenty of fixes [oh i do love a good fix] :D:D

M9_Nut
12th February 2011, 17:24
Back home and thawing out now.

Thanks to Andy and John for the free use of the garage and space.
It was great to put a few faces to names, and to tick another job off the to do list on the car. (Thanks Russ!)

I took a few snaps along the way, though missed out on a corker when Trebor had just arrived in his "hairdressers car" complete with hair-dryer!

stocktake
12th February 2011, 17:26
At least some people had time to take pictures ;)

carl
12th February 2011, 17:27
thoses 2 lines of cars look really good - great turn out

andy willi
12th February 2011, 18:03
thanks to all had a brilliant day and sorry we could not do all jobs but you are all welcome to call anytime for us to help you out

also a big thanks to john and amy and my better half lynda for your support on a brilliant day

many thanks to all counted 30+cars

andy:sunny::sunny::sunny:

HOMER
12th February 2011, 18:04
Thanks to Andy and John for arranging this meet,was good to meet you both, and also thanks to Dave for sorting my Balance motor, your a real gent, and to Reece for fitting it :D

johnwh74
12th February 2011, 18:24
thanks to all had a brilliant day and sorry we could not do all jobs but you are all welcome to call anytime for us to help you out

also a big thanks to john and amy and my better half lynda for your support on a brilliant day

many thanks to all counted 30+cars

andy:sunny::sunny::sunny:

Repeat of what Andy says. Thanks to all that came and i have so say a huge
Thank you To Trebor and Devilish for installing my Double din. What a fantastic job they have done and i wanted to say i appreciate your help gents :bowdown::bowdown:

Big thanks to Andy Lynda and Amy for making it a great day. Both Andy and myself were busier than we thought and apologies to those i didnt get to talk to.

John :D

v-man
12th February 2011, 18:31
Yes, thanks to Andy and John for the hospitality.

Big thanks to Carl & Kirst for fitting my replacement bumper and installing reverse sensors.

Thanks for J1mbo, Damien and Carl for the throttle body upgrade. Seems to have made a difference even before the ECU adapts.

BigRuss
12th February 2011, 18:49
Big thanks to Andy and John as always for their wonderful hospitality. :D:D:D:D

Just thawing out now. ;)

Good to see everybody and as so often is the case there's never enough time to get to see everyone.

Will hopefully catch up at the next one.

Russ

sikelsh
12th February 2011, 19:23
Huge thanks to andy and john and there families for putting on a great day, so good to see old and new faces all with a passion for a great car.

Big thanks to dave for bumper off and on feel more confident for next time and thanks to russ for t4 and everyone else for great advice

Haven't washed my hands yet as I like that they got mucky for a change

Bring on the next one

Simon

graham2230
12th February 2011, 19:26
Can I just add my thanks to the growing list, Had a good day out and got a few jobs ticked off as well. So thanks for everyone's help. Think I've drank too much coffee though, drove up the A1 staring at people on the way past lol

Thanks guys.

Graham

Richy
12th February 2011, 19:40
Just wanted to add my thanks to Andy and John for a great day, was nice to see some old faces, very old in Brians case (Actros) and meet some new ones.
A big thanks to Stocktake for the replacement vis motors, Dave the car does perform better, thanks alot.
A great turn out for a great event, well done guys.

Paul

woolleysox
12th February 2011, 20:00
Thanks Guys for a smashiing day, started with a convoy reset my tracking lots of old friends and a convoy home again:D

actros
12th February 2011, 20:08
Just wanted to add my thanks to Andy and John for a great day, was nice to see some old faces, very old in Brians case (Actros) and meet some new ones.
A big thanks to Stocktake for the replacement vis motors, Dave the car does perform better, thanks alot.
A great turn out for a great event, well done guys.

Paul:wot::wot:So those that are going next Sunday see you all at York. For those that are not see you some time later. Thanks John for doing my wheels for me. and Andy for a great day.I :bowdown:to you both.

trebor
12th February 2011, 20:16
it was all for a headlamp bulb as already said above

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee210/apbicm1/APBICM2/DSCF6768.jpg

and just to show how much a simple job takes out of you see Dave below after the event

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee210/apbicm1/APBICM2/DSCF6772.jpg

personally i always do it without removing the bumper and with a little help but if Dave wants to do it the hard way let him i say

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee210/apbicm1/APBICM2/Long-Arms--67932.jpg

it was a fab meet the rest of my pictures will be along soon

trebor
12th February 2011, 20:37
heres the rest of my pictures which include some of myself and Steve fitting Johns new double din unit and the type of home made fixing that can be knocked up to support it.

Once aagin thanks to Andi & John for use of the premises and Amy for the flow of hot drinks and by the way the bacon and egg sandwich made the journey worthwhile all on its own !

http://s235.photobucket.com/albums/ee210/apbicm1/APBICM2/Doncaster%20Nano%20Meet%20Feb%202011/?albumview=slideshow

JT667
12th February 2011, 20:39
Well that was my first 'meet' of any kind and very succesful it was too. My thanks to Andy and John for laying it on. Thank to Carl for sorting out my bulb problems (did you all know that if the tail light fails the brake light comes on at a lower power to cover for it until you press the brakes?) That’s why the bulb failure light stayed on!. Thanks also to the chap with the power tester who assisted my to get my rear wiper motor swapped and fixed (sorry I didn't get your name, could you identify yourself please?) Was hoping to get my screen washer pump sorted but think I may have the wrong part and I had to leave before I could get to have a look at what is there

This is the part that was sent to me

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/thum_112694d56eef80861a.jpg (http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=10754)
Is this the correct washer pump for a Tourer?

Wolves 75
12th February 2011, 20:55
Yep my thanks to to John, Andy and Amy for a fantastic day, sorry to leave early but not feeling myself today, came home bathed Benson and then passed out, just woke up, but yet again thanks for a great day, see ya soon.....:)

stocktake
12th February 2011, 20:57
Yep my thanks to to John, Andy and Amy for a fantastic day, sorry to leave early but not feeling myself today, came home bathed Benson and then passed out, just woke up, but yet again thanks for a great day, see ya soon.....:)

Thought you were a little quiet, not like you Lyndon, hope your feeling OK soon

Wolves 75
12th February 2011, 21:04
Thought you were a little quiet, not like you Lyndon, hope your feeling OK soon

Cheers Dave, ok now after a sleep, spent the last three days on long day courses at work, not use to working long days.....;)

andy willi
12th February 2011, 21:08
now thinking of making this nano a weekend do camping etc and two days in the garage

have brilliant place to camp (pub )

any intrtrest
will be in june/ july

let me know

andy

v-man
12th February 2011, 21:29
now thinking of making this nano a weekend do camping etc and two days in the garage

any intrtrest
will be in june/ july

let me know

andy

Sounds like an idea Andy, though a fair bit of work for you and John.

You mentioned you'd bought a job lot of tyres, don't suppose anything decent brandwise in 205/45/16 87V in there?

J1MBO
12th February 2011, 21:29
Just noticed we missed out on the bacon and egg butties whilst we were fitting throttle body's round the corner of the building.

Great day really enjoyed myself and managed to get my plastic gloves, all four pairs of them, dirty.

A couple of pictures of the assembled company
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/58024d56f4958daac.jpg
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/58024d56f4ff17a68.jpg
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/58024d56f4ff5b481.jpg

of the good work on V-Man's (Ian) car by Carl fitting a replacement bumper and parking sensors
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/58024d56f495d999a.jpg
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/58024d56f49622fdf.jpg
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/58024d56f4fec4340.jpg

and the result after fitting a BBK throttle body and plenum to Damien's V8
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/58024d56f52b9d2b4.jpg
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/58024d56f52be3f96.jpg

also got involved in fitting a TF throttle body to a Rover 45 so for once made myself useful.

Thanks Andy for the nano meet, nice to see everybody even the ones I didn't manage to speak too, hope to see you all next week at Elvington.

Cheers
Jim

carl
12th February 2011, 21:41

any intrtrest
will be in june/ july

let me know

andy

Good plan - can we do the 10/11/12th June - 10ths my Birthday :D so we can have a knee`s up as well - (and were off that week so we can holiday in costa del donny :rofl:)

actros
12th February 2011, 21:54
Good plan - can we do the 10/11/12th June - 10ths my Birthday :D so we can have a knee`s up as well - (and were off that week so we can holiday in costa del donny :rofl:)No Good as we will be in Germany and i think John will be in the old USA.

andy willi
12th February 2011, 22:09
will sort dates out make sure john and amy are married then will give them hell

ps

welcome john

you know

andy

woolleysox
12th February 2011, 22:45
Blimey Rob you said it was simple fitting the DD unit
http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee210/apbicm1/APBICM2/Doncaster%20Nano%20Meet%20Feb%202011/DSCF6775.jpg
http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee210/apbicm1/APBICM2/Doncaster%20Nano%20Meet%20Feb%202011/DSCF6776.jpg

Steve did you have to remove all this??

Good meet again 2011 is looking good

:D:D

Devilish
13th February 2011, 00:09
http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee210/apbicm1/APBICM2/Doncaster%20Nano%20Meet%20Feb%202011/DSCF6776.jpg

Steve did you have to remove all this??
It was trebor who dropped the facia screw down the console, not me. Was lucky I bought my socket set, we found it though. neh neh.

An impressive, well hosted meet, that seemed to pass in the bink of an eye.

carl
13th February 2011, 00:46
No Good as we will be in Germany and i think John will be in the old USA.
Leave key under mat we'll let our selves in lol

johnwh74
13th February 2011, 11:17
No Good as we will be in Germany and i think John will be in the old USA.

We are in the country until 17th of june so this date will be good for us

actros
13th February 2011, 11:37
We are in the country until 17th of june so this date will be good for usIf we make it July it may be warmer if Carl can get time off.

ged116
13th February 2011, 12:47
Hello,
I just wanted to say how much we enjoyed our first ever meet yesterday and to thank everybody who made us feel so welcome, we really enjoyed it. A big thank also to everyone at A&L who will be getting our business in the future.

Thanks again, best wishes to everyone
Gerald & Rosy
(Gerald, with the pony tail and beard) & Rosy(Pony Tail, no beard.....Thank Goodness!)
:)

stocktake
13th February 2011, 12:50
Hello,
I just wanted to say how much we enjoyed our first ever meet yesterday and to thank everybody who made us feel so welcome, we really enjoyed it. A big thank also to everyone at A&L who will be getting our business in the future.

Thanks again, best wishes to everyone
Gerald & Rosy
(Gerald, with the pony tail and beard) & Rosy(Pony Tail, no beard.....Thank Goodness!)
:)

Hi Gerald, nice to see you don't think we actualy spoke :o ( busy removing bumpers and repairing VIS motors :))

PS: Are you looking in the right place for the beard..........:getmecoat:

damienp
13th February 2011, 13:46
And another thankyou from me for this event yesterday. Thanks to Andy & Jimbo for sorting out my throttle body, and thanks for leading the convoy Rob :driving:

carl
13th February 2011, 21:17
If we make it July it may be warmer if Carl can get time off.

Isnt July pretty busy already ?

10th is Midincs Rover day at East Kirby
24th is Zed 10 at Duxford

I seem to think there is something on the weekend between

v-man
13th February 2011, 21:30
And another thankyou from me for this event yesterday. Thanks to Andy & Jimbo for sorting out my throttle body, and thanks for leading the convoy Rob :driving:

Hows the car running Damien?

v-man
13th February 2011, 21:36
Just noticed we missed out on the bacon and egg butties whilst we were fitting throttle body's round the corner of the building.

Great day really enjoyed myself and managed to get my plastic gloves, all four pairs of them, dirty.

Also got involved in fitting a TF throttle body to v-mans Rover 45 so for once made myself useful.

Thanks Andy for the nano meet, nice to see everybody even the ones I didn't manage to speak too, hope to see you all next week at Elvington.

Cheers
Jim

Missed out on the munchies too J1mbo, but no matter.

You are always useful, as a supplier of meet photos, interesting anecdotes and a V8 rumble.

Eljay55
13th February 2011, 21:43
Sorry i haven't got on earlier but massive respect to Andy, John, Amy and Lynda for staging a fantastic day:bowdown::bowdown:.

Many thanks also go out to Carl and Kirst for the Silicon and biscuits( not together. lol )
Actros for the Triangle and towing mirrors.

Also John for fitting my new tyre and messing around swapping the Alloys over and finally to Andy for fitting my New Club Badge:D:D.

Weather was great in the morning but turned mighty chilly in the afternoon but then again it is still Febuary so what can we expect:shrug:.

Was great to meet some new and old faces and here's hoping to see a few more up at Elvington next Sunday.

Thanks again folks,

Graham

damienp
13th February 2011, 21:45
Hows the car running Damien?

Thanks for asking Ian. Errrm.... the ecu is still adapting to the new throttle body. If i put the clutch in, it ticks over at 1000rpm, but it drops to normal when the car is stationary. Performance wise, there is a marked improvement and the car just seems to pull itself along rather than me push it. Do i like it... of course i do. :D
Have you noticed a difference with yours mate?

FLYER
13th February 2011, 21:56
Thanks for asking Ian. Errrm.... the ecu is still adapting to the new throttle body. If i put the clutch in, it ticks over at 1000rpm, but it drops to normal when the car is stationary. Performance wise, there is a marked improvement and the car just seems to pull itself along rather than me push it. Do i like it... of course i do. :D
jeez more speed :D:D:D:D:D

damienp
13th February 2011, 22:01
jeez more speed :D:D:D:D:D

Enough is not a word in my vocabulary. :D New brakes will be bought at the end of this month to slow the lad down :(

v-man
13th February 2011, 22:30

It seems to have a little more go lower down, may just be a placebo effect.

Been doing some reading around and seems a T4 session to reset the ECU values on mine and retrain it may be an idea. Shame I didn't know that yesterday else I could have asked BigRuss to do it for me. :shrug:

Will see how it goes the next week or two.