PDA

View Full Version : Annoying behaviour with Radioguy double DIN unit

DaPol
26th December 2010, 15:58
Has anybody else had their double DIN unit sit and repeatedly register false taps on the touch screen?

Mine has started registering hits over the #4 preset - sometimes 2 or 3 a second and it's making it nearly impossible to actually use as a radio - I've tried resetting the unit with the reset button and even removing the battery from the car, and still it happens.

Any suggestions?

David Lawrence
26th December 2010, 18:27
Has anybody else had their double DIN unit sit and repeatedly register false taps on the touch screen?

Mine has started registering hits over the #4 preset - sometimes 2 or 3 a second and it's making it nearly impossible to actually use as a radio - I've tried resetting the unit with the reset button and even removing the battery from the car, and still it happens.

Any suggestions?

Have you by any chance left the original protective film on the screen?

If you have, get rid of it and the problem will go away. If you want a protective film buy a proper one designed for sat navs to be used with. The one supplied just seems to pick up static and drive the unit nuts.

Radioguy
26th December 2010, 18:29

Any suggestions?

Did you try Doing a Calibration ?

DaPol
26th December 2010, 23:56
How do you do a calibrate in the Radio mode? I've done it for the Nav bit of the system, but that calibration doesn't carry over, does it?

DaPol
13th February 2011, 23:37
OK. I've reset the unit numeous times, recalibrated the screen until the cows come home, pulled the power on it, washed the screen with windolene, antistatic screen spray and just a dry cloth, fitted a screen protector, removed a screen protector and still I have this problem.

The touch screen is registering anything up to several dozen false taps per second in the upper right quadrant - in radio mode it will keep dragging back to preset 4, if I put it to the mode selection screen it will eventually either activate the GPS or the CCD setting.

I'm beginning to seriously consider going back to my old Symphony as less bother than this.

Can *anybody* help with a way to stop the touchscreen registering false clicks? It's already made the Satnav functionality useless and the radio functionality is becoming less useful by the day.

For reference, this is one of the first of these units - no TV, no TMC.

Reebs
13th February 2011, 23:40
Thread moved to new Double Din forum.

baconbuttyman
14th February 2011, 07:47
when you did a power pull, did you leave for a few hours or reconnect straight away

Radioguy
14th February 2011, 12:57
If you pull it or if you want to Pull it we can have a Look at it ...
We can get it to the Warranty depot
Sounds like you covered the basis, Did it take a Hit ?

Its a Unique issue .....

Sean

MARKUK
14th February 2011, 13:05
If you pull it or if you want to Pull it we can have a Look at it ...
We can get it to the Warranty depot
Sounds like you covered the basis, Did it take a Hit ?

Its a Unique issue .....

Sean

Sounds to me like either damage to that area of the screen or a faulty touch matrix...

Is there any damage like dints or dents in the affected area ?

alsamar
5th August 2011, 19:04
Now I have same problem like DaPol. Anyone solved this problem with the touch screen? PS: I'm using the touch screen very carefully so it isn't damaged.

stux99
6th August 2011, 06:21
I have also had this problem ages ago, went away on its own, never so much as to bother me though.:shrug:

alsamar
7th August 2011, 19:49
By doing the following I could solve the problem:
- Press reset (small opening upper right... I used a bended paper clip)
- Disconnect the DD connector (it didn't help to remove the batterie plug)
- Reconnect DD and press power botton. Then the calibration of touch screen starts automatically and everythings will work fine
- Be careful because you will lose a lot of individual setups like Radio stations etc.)
Best greetings to all 75 fans