PDA

View Full Version : do we in the north west have a new RS yet

baconbuttyman
30th December 2010, 18:00
just wondering after Richard stepped down what is happening:undecided:

J1MBO
31st December 2010, 00:08
AFAIK the simple answer is no, not seen anything yet regarding the possible replacement.

Cheers
Jim

James.uk
31st December 2010, 01:10
I think Mike is doing it now..

J1MBO
31st December 2010, 09:31
I think Mike is doing it now..

Hi James

If you mean Mike Hewitt (Rover418275) as far as I know he's still persona non grata on this forum, in fact did a search and from what I can see he's no longer a registered member.

Granted following the Manchester/Cheshire meets at the Romper we now have the Hollow Tree monthly meets but in the absence of a RS this seems to be via Mike on another forum, hence why I posted the meet thread as not every member is on all the forums.

Could say more but I don't really want to get into inter-forum rivalry, been done to death elsewhere regarding another one.

But this doesn't help BBM as the NW area is large and not everbody wants to or can get to a location in the Manchester/Cheshire area.

I think this is something the mod's should be having a look at as I find myself having to "drift" into other areas for meets.

Cheers
Jim

richardwjackson
31st December 2010, 09:40
Hi James

If you mean Mike Hewitt (Rover418275) as far as I know he's still persona non grata on this forum, in fact did a search and from what I can see he's no longer a registered member.

Granted following the Manchester/Cheshire meets at the Romper we now have the Hollow Tree monthly meets but in the absence of a RS this seems to be via Mike on another forum, hence why I posted the meet thread as not every member is on all the forums.

Could say more but I don't really want to get into inter-forum rivalry, been done to death elsewhere regarding another one.

But this doesn't help BBM as the NW area is large and not everbody wants to or can get to a location in the Manchester/Cheshire area.

I think this is something the mod's should be having a look at as I find myself having to "drift" into other areas for meets.

Cheers
Jim

Mike was banned on here months ago but does a sterling job arranging meets from the community website.

Wouldn't you fancy taking on the role Jim - you'd be the ideal person for the job?

baconbuttyman
31st December 2010, 10:07
Hi James

Cheers
Jim
Agreed, it seems to be forgotten about, the NW areas is a large one

J1MBO
31st December 2010, 10:09
Mike was banned on here months ago but does a sterling job arranging meets from the community website.

Quite agree with you there Richard, enjoy his company.

Wouldn't you fancy taking on the role Jim - you'd be the ideal person for the job?

Thanks for the comment of support Richard but I'm not sure if I'd be able to do the position justice.

Nice to hear from you, hope things are getting better now.

All the best
Jim

richardwjackson
31st December 2010, 10:25
Thanks for the comment of support Richard but I'm not sure if I'd be able to do the position justice.

Nice to hear from you, hope things are getting better now.

All the best
Jim

I think yourself or Mick (baconbuttyman) would be ideal for the role, you're both very passionate about the cars and arranging meets.

Things are getting better now thanks Jim. New job is going okay and the new car ain't bad either. Does twice the MPG of the ZT! :)

J1MBO
31st December 2010, 10:36
I think yourself or Mick (baconbuttyman) would be ideal for the role, you're both very passionate about the cars and arranging meets.

Thanks Richard - I just like meeting people and chatting about our cars, helps me keep mine on the road.

Things are getting better now thanks Jim. New job is going okay and the new car ain't bad either. Does twice the MPG of the ZT! :)

Glad to hear that Richard and really good to see you on the forum, as I said before don't be a stranger.

All the best
Jim

J1MBO
31st December 2010, 10:51
Agreed, it seems to be forgotten about, the NW areas is a large one

Would agree with you BBM it's a big area with a great many members, think we need to get something sorted out in the near future.

Cheers
Jim

baconbuttyman
31st December 2010, 11:57
if i am correct then the north west area's are made up of 4 counties, Lancashire, Merseyside, G Manchester and Cheshire. thats a large area, what would be the best way to split them up

J1MBO
31st December 2010, 12:29
if i am correct then the north west area's are made up of 4 counties, Lancashire, Merseyside, G Manchester and Cheshire. thats a large area, what would be the best way to split them up

Don't really think it needs splitting up, we could just do with a RS to liase with and arrange meets via. I think it could be done in a "roadshow" sort of way having a regular meet but at different locations in the area, problem is the NW area doesn't seem as active as other areas and thats why we need a RS to get things moving.

Any other thoughts?

Cheers
Jim

Dragrad
31st December 2010, 12:37
In hand guys, along with a few other things:biggrinsanta:

baconbuttyman
31st December 2010, 12:39
That's what I suggested a while ago. There are fewer members granted. But I think that's a small obstacle.

J1MBO
31st December 2010, 12:46

Nice to hear that and thanks for your update.

That's what I suggested a while ago. There are fewer members granted. But I think that's a small obstacle.

I reckon it's the way forward and some members will also travel further for a good meet, I know I will.

Lets see what transpires.

Cheers
Jim

windrush
31st December 2010, 12:47
Volunteers any one as has been its a big area so there must be plenty of willing volunteers

baconbuttyman
31st December 2010, 13:32
due to my history as a mod, i dont think i would be very welcome as a RS:getmecoat::getmecoat:

James.uk
31st December 2010, 17:09
Actually the Cheshire meets are on a par with most areas, no one does much in the winter, all we seem to be lacking is a good site near an Mway around Preston - Kendal I think.. :biggrinsanta:

Personally I tend to wander a bit, been to more meets out of our area than in it, and I am NOT an early bird! So I usually arrive at meets late.. :undecided:

My fav meets are at country parks so I can feed the ducks and have a coffee.. :) Not keen on museums, scared they might keep me as an exhibit!! :D

2Diesels
31st December 2010, 17:17
Actually the Cheshire meets are on a par with most areas, no one does much in the winter, all we seem to be lacking is a good site near an Mway around Preston - Kendal I think.. :biggrinsanta:

Personally I tend to wander a bit, been to more meets out of our area than in it, and I am NOT an early bird! So I usually arrive at meets late.. :undecided:

My fav meets are at country parks so I can feed the ducks and have a coffee.. :) Not keen on museums, scared they might keep me as an exhibit!! :D

Bluejon's yer man for the North of your region but Staffs & Cheshire could do with someone....................needs to be someone with plenty time on their hands, I nominate you James:biggrinsanta:

Rabett_Rover
31st December 2010, 17:19
I nominate you James:biggrinsanta:

+1 :D

Your the man James

justmicky
31st December 2010, 18:37
Bluejon's yer man for the North of your region but Staffs & Cheshire could do with someone....................needs to be someone with plenty time on their hands, I nominate you James:biggrinsanta:

John is already RS for Cumbria and the North East.

baconbuttyman
31st December 2010, 18:59
it was decided cumbria was too big to be part of the other regions

go on Andrew, enlighten us more

Dragrad
31st December 2010, 21:28
The matter is being dealt with by Simondi, who will indoubtedly post something up in the near furure. That's all I know at the mo.

baconbuttyman
23rd January 2011, 18:39
The matter is being dealt with by Simondi, who will indoubtedly post something up in the near furure. That's all I know at the mo.

ANY UPDATES ON THIS :shrug::shrug:

sworks
23rd January 2011, 18:57
it was decided cumbria was too special to be part of the other regions

:getmecoat:

Simondi
23rd January 2011, 19:02
ANY UPDATES ON THIS :shrug::shrug:

This postion is still open

James.uk
23rd January 2011, 19:24
We are so well organised already that we don't need one innit.. lol.. :D

2Diesels
23rd January 2011, 19:26
Now I almost believed that for a minute.................then I realised who posted it:D

richardwjackson
23rd January 2011, 21:09

I think you should be the new secretary James...:}

James.uk
23rd January 2011, 21:19
Nah no good asking me Richard, I like secret meetings, people would end up running all over the North West wondering where it was being held.. :D :D

richardwjackson
23rd January 2011, 21:24
There doesn't seem to be anybody in the north west wanting to put themselves forward for the role James.

James.uk
26th January 2011, 01:17
Fortunately Jimbo and Mike seem to be looking after meetings in this area at the moment, hopefully they will continue to do that.. :)

baconbuttyman
28th January 2011, 08:22
This postion is still open

Simon, isnt it about time you asked for volunteers or suggestions of names

richardwjackson
28th January 2011, 16:09
Interesting to note that the people who originally voted against me and obviously thought they could do a better job have neglected to put themselves forward for the vacancy.....

There are hundreds of members in the north west, surely someone has the passion and time to take on the role??

All that cafuffle from everybody a few months ago about the club not moving forward, yet when there is a role available to do just that nobody is interested.

There were only 2 people at the last meet.....shame.

James.uk
28th January 2011, 23:10
Canny lot these Northerners Richard.. They never volunteer innit.. lol. :D

J1MBO
29th January 2011, 11:51
Interesting to note that the people who originally voted against me and obviously thought they could do a better job have neglected to put themselves forward for the vacancy.....

Can understand that you may well feel like that but it doesn't naturally follow that they thought themselves more suitable for the position. I really did wonder why after you gained the role that you felt you had to resign after selling your ZT, granted you weren't having the best of times personally and that may well have gone a long way towards your decision.

There are hundreds of members in the north west, surely someone has the passion and time to take on the role??

All that cafuffle from everybody a few months ago about the club not moving forward, yet when there is a role available to do just that nobody is interested.

It's a big decision for anybody to take on the responsibilites of a RS, well IMHO if it's going to be done correctly. There may well be "hundreds of members in the North West" but truthfully they do not seem to be as active as they are elsewhere - that's why I frequently invade the Midlands and Yorkshire areas, plus in the last year I've been up to Scotland twice. Granted I'm in the position to be able to do this. In fact I was only missing from the last Hollow Tree get together as I'd attended the Newark Air Museum meet held on the same day.

There were only 2 people at the last meet.....shame.

Quite agree with you Richard but, and no offence meant, you also weren't there.

I do hope somebody with the drive and determination required feels that they are able to put themselves forward for this role in the near future.

Regards
Jim

justmicky
29th January 2011, 14:11
[QUOTE=richardwjackson;661680]

I would love to have a go, but I am not so sure I could do the position a real justice, me spending half my time away at sea.

richardwjackson
29th January 2011, 14:39
I really did wonder why after you gained the role that you felt you had to resign after selling your ZT, granted you weren't having the best of times personally and that may well have gone a long way towards your decision.

Nothing to do with 'personal problems'. As stated in a thread I started at the time it was due to me starting a new job which takes me away from home for long periods, including weekends. For that reason I had no time to devote to the position.

Quite agree with you Richard but, and no offence meant, you also weren't there.

Why would I be....I now drive a Seat Ibiza and was working......??

However, I do like to frequent the forums from time to time to see how thing are progressing...or not as the case may be. :o

Richy
29th January 2011, 15:12
[QUOTE=richardwjackson;661680]

I would love to have a go, but I am not so sure I could do the position a real justice, me spending half my time away at sea.

I am sure that other members could help you out. Better to have someone who is willing to give it a go than no one at all.

Paul

Jake
29th January 2011, 16:35
[QUOTE=justmicky;662335]

I am sure that other members could help you out. Better to have someone who is willing to give it a go than no one at all.

Paul

Agree wholeheartedly Paul.

There is a danger that this postion can consume alot of time and resources, however if managed carefully it can be great fun and lead to meeting some great people!

However, it does also put you on a pedestal that perhaps at times people can try to shoot you off, or give you a nudge if they don't like you or think something unsavoury is going on.

Hope someone takes the role up! :}

Bluejon
29th January 2011, 18:19
I personally think Mike, [justmicky] would be the ideal chap for this role as his role with the RBR 2009 proved,he has the passion and commitment [when shore leave from his career at sea allows.
As an RS Myself,would certainly enjoy working alongside Mike,as, I am sure would others, to assist and help out with this role,when Mikes time ashore allows,go for it shipmate.

Best Regards.

John.

James.uk
29th January 2011, 18:26
I would not be suitable for the job as I am far too frivolous, but I would gladly help BlueJohn and Mike if he decided to try the job for a while..

Mike? nothing ventured innit? :D

J1MBO
30th January 2011, 22:36
With a nights sleep thought my post was made in haste and have deleted it.

Jim

baconbuttyman
18th April 2011, 10:07
or have i missed something :shrug::shrug::shrug:

bobgrice
19th April 2011, 18:49
i think the lack of replys answers your question

richardwjackson
19th April 2011, 19:16
I would certainly like to take the role back on once I get another ZT.
I'm currently saving up to buy one as a weekend/project car to go with my diesel Ibiza which I use during the week. (65mpg :} )

Hopefully that will be soon. I like my Ibiza but I loved my ZT's!

stevo snr
16th May 2011, 08:52
has nothing happened since mid April?

Reebs
16th May 2011, 11:05
has nothing happened since mid April?

Well we still have not had any new volunteers either post their interest on thread or via PM (that I am aware of), it does rather need someone who is willing to step up to the mic I'm afraid.

If anyone thinks they would like to represent the club as a Regional Secretary for The North West, please do get in touch.

baconbuttyman
29th May 2011, 16:01
while i understand why Richard did stepped down, i think he would need to be sure he wanted to take up the role again! after the palaver when some one voted against him and how upset he was (toys out of the cot style), only to leave a short time later. The person who takes the role needs to be sure they can commit

James.uk
30th May 2011, 14:25
Being the Norf West RS is no big deal, in this area there is not much interest in doing anything anyway.. :shrug:

E.G As far as I know.... . No one even bothers to attend the monthly meets at the Hollow tree these days.... :shrug: :o

J1MBO
30th May 2011, 19:20
while i understand why Richard did stepped down, i think he would need to be sure he wanted to take up the role again! after the palaver when some one voted against him and how upset he was (toys out of the cot style), only to leave a short time later. The person who takes the role needs to be sure they can commit

Very succinctly worded if I may say so - when I tried to comment at the time I was shot down in flames etc.

Being the Norf West RS is no big deal, in this area there is not much interest in doing anything anyway.. :shrug:

E.G As far as I know.... . No one even bothers to attend the monthly meets at the Hollow tree these days.... :shrug: :o

Think you're correct there James, I only managed the first one and since something has always clashed with the meetings. When and if we do get an RS for the North West we really need to have meets more on the lines of your Colwyn Bay trip, other areas seem to do it on a regular basis.

James.uk
30th May 2011, 19:41
Ellow Jimbo. :} Even the Colwyn bay outings were poorly attended. One car the first time! Frank Incensed turned up and that was it from the North West!! The 2nd one was slightly better, but even so we only managed seven cars from our area, and the area is HUGE. :shrug:

Peeps just don't seem to be interested... :o

The good news is, other areas hold meets so we can attend those if we like. :} :D

fse73549
30th May 2011, 19:57
You are spot on James. You only have to look at the turn out we had on saturday in Yorkshire, a good location and good turn out. I don't think it helped when some of them spat their dummy and went off to the other club. We do need an RS but nobody wants to put their head up for it to be shot off. We might have to merge the Yorkshire and Lancshire together after all we get to drive our great cars a little further.

J1MBO
31st May 2011, 08:18
Yes James I tend to travel into "other" areas for their meets, as you know thats why I couldn't attend the last Colwyn Bay one as I was in Devon at a charity event. I was at the Prestcott Hill Climb meet on Sunday so couldn't make the Yorks meet the day before, the good lady frowns at two meets over the same weekend as I have to give her at least an hours driving practice - bliss.

I'm off to France in just over a week, then all I've got planned are a couple of meets on the 12th and 24th July so if anything comes up in the NW in the future I'll attend.

Cheers Jim

stocktake
31st May 2011, 13:31
We might have to merge the Yorkshire and Lancshire together .

Yeah, like thats going to happen :D :D :D

bobgrice
31st May 2011, 13:59
We could come together and have a pink rose as our symbol

Bluejon
31st May 2011, 14:30
Yes James I tend to travel into "other" areas for their meets, as you know thats why I couldn't attend the last Colwyn Bay one as I was in Devon at a charity event. I was at the Prestcott Hill Climb meet on Sunday so couldn't make the Yorks meet the day before, the good lady frowns at two meets over the same weekend as I have to give her at least an hours driving practice - bliss.

I'm off to France in just over a week, then all I've got planned are a couple of meets on the 12th and 24th July so if anything comes up in the NW in the future I'll attend.

Cheers Jim

Hi Jim,

My apologies for encrotching into another region,Derek & I are looking into another Gretna meet,the date that seems,at the moment to be suitable for most looks like being Sun 31st July.
Obviously,arrangements will have to be confirmed by Gretna themselves,as to us being allowed that date, before being posted officially,but if we get the go-ahead for this,I just wondered,as you attended last year,would this be of interest for you to attend again.
Again if we do get the go-ahead for this date and with permission,I would be delighted to place this in the NorthWest Region,to see if we can attract some good numbers from down your way to attend.
As last year it will be classed as an Anglo-Scottish meet and as you know is a very convenient location to get to from North/South being just off the M74,so would be delighted if we could get as many members as possible to attend.

Best Regards.

John.

J1MBO
31st May 2011, 14:44
We might have to merge the Yorkshire and Lancshire together

Yeah, like thats going to happen :D :D :D

We could come together and have a pink rose as our symbol

Argue amongst yourselves lol, don't forget both areas don't just consist of Yorkshire and Lancashire :banghead::getmecoat:

J1MBO
31st May 2011, 14:46
Hi Jim,

My apologies for encrotching into another region,Derek & I are looking into another Gretna meet,the date that seems,at the moment to be suitable for most looks like being Sun 31st July.
Obviously,arrangements will have to be confirmed by Gretna themselves,as to us being allowed that date, before being posted officially,but if we get the go-ahead for this,I just wondered,as you attended last year,would this be of interest for you to attend again.
Again if we do get the go-ahead for this date and with permission,I would be delighted to place this in the NorthWest Region,to see if we can attract some good numbers from down your way to attend.
As last year it will be classed as an Anglo-Scottish meet and as you know is a very convenient location to get to from North/South being just off the M74,so would be delighted if we could get as many members as possible to attend.

Best Regards.

John.

No problem John, I'd be very interested in another meet at Gretna might even manage to get the good lady to come with me.

I've made a note in my diary and I'll keep a watch out for the thread.

Cheers, nice to hear from you.

Jim

baconbuttyman
31st May 2011, 16:31
Very succinctly worded if I may say so - when I tried to comment at the time I was shot down in flames etc.

well i thought the word "Tantrum" was a little strong ;):getmecoat:

fse73549
31st May 2011, 17:51
It is a shame the way it has gone here as the first meets we had at the Romper were well attended but then the landlord spat his dummy we moved to the Hollow Tree lost our RS and it's gone to pot ever since. A trip up Norf (thanks James) sounds a good idea and maybe a Midlands run any excuse to look at our cars. I think if the sun comes out things might change for a bit not much fun when it's cold and raining.

James.uk
31st May 2011, 18:30
Actually the Yorkie meets are sortof special, apart from all else, they were the ones that started the whole "meeting" thing off.. :bowdown: They also chose a lovely place for their meetings, and it caters for all ages and sexes really.. Even Glyn is made welcome. :D And fortunately for me, they are only 40 miles away and getting to them I can take one of the most picturesque routes in the country.. Perfik innit.. :bowdown:

I have been to lots of meets at the Romper, mainly Citroen ones though, and to be quite honest meeting at a pub doesn't really appeal to me much. Not wishing to be unkind but I can only spend so much time looking at ZT's n 75's!! :shrug: :}

FLYER
31st May 2011, 19:40
Actually the Yorkie meets are sortof special, apart from all else, they were the ones that started the whole "meeting" thing off.. :bowdown: They also chose a lovely place for their meetings, and it caters for all ages and sexes really.. Even Glyn is made welcome. :D And fortunately for me, they are only 40 miles away and getting to them I can take one of the most picturesque routes in the country.. Perfik innit.. :bowdown:

I have been to lots of meets at the Romper, mainly Citroen ones though, and to be quite honest meeting at a pub doesn't really appeal to me much. Not wishing to be unkind but I can only spend so much time looking at ZT's n 75's!! :shrug: :}
...Spot on , a meeting needs a focus ie a museum or place of interest .

BTW all you english folk are welcome at GRETNA :D:D

James.uk
31st May 2011, 19:53
I attended the last Gretna meet. :} But at 145 miles each way it is a bit far out for me really.. :shrug: :o

fse73549
31st May 2011, 20:00
I agree James. I hadn't thought about like that but you are right adds another level if it is somewhere nice with something to do for all the family gives any other members of the family that tag along something to do as well as look at these cars. Might be the answer to North West meets find somewhere like the Yorkie meet, a nice country park with a big car park. Any ideas?

FLYER
31st May 2011, 20:04
I attended the last Gretna meet. :} But at 145 miles each way it is a bit far out for me really.. :shrug: :o
...Go on live a bit ;):D

J1MBO
31st May 2011, 22:04
Go on live a bit ;):D

He's already lived a lot lol, :getmecoat:

James.uk
31st May 2011, 22:56
:wss:.....Cheeky mare!!!....:twonk:....:laughing2::laughing2::laugh ing2: