PDA

View Full Version : 51 Plate ZTT 2.5 V6 Tailgate & Emmisions Problem

Tourer Phil
6th January 2011, 16:13
hi there im new to the forum as just got the car really.

I just ad the MOT done, however they had to abort it because the tailgate doesnt open.
Does anyone know why this is?? sometimes it opens but very rarly. The glass opens everytime without fail its just the main bit.
Any help be greatfull for !1

Also the emmisions failed (only slightly) and they said i need lamber sensors??? are these the same as oxeygen sensors??

Thanks again

Phil

SD1too
7th January 2011, 07:26
Hi Phil and :welcome: along!

A tourer expert will be along soon to help with your tailgate problem but in the meantime ...
... they said I need lambda sensors??? are these the same as oxygen sensors??
Yes.

Simon.

Tourer Phil
7th January 2011, 10:55
thank you for the welcome and the answer!!
The next one is how many will i need to replace? ( how many are there)

Its like queston time haha.

Freebyrd
7th January 2011, 11:17
hi there im new to the forum as just got the car really.

I just ad the MOT done, however they had to abort it because the tailgate doesnt open.
Does anyone know why this is?? sometimes it opens but very rarly. The glass opens everytime without fail its just the main bit.
Any help be greatfull for !1

Also the emmisions failed (only slightly) and they said i need lamber sensors??? are these the same as oxeygen sensors??

Thanks again

Phil
Have you tried using the 'lever' below the bonnet release catch to open the tailgate?

Tourer Phil
7th January 2011, 11:24
Yh and i get nothing its plugged in but feels like nothing going on (which it isnt)

kaiser
7th January 2011, 11:47
Why don't you do a search. I have written about it, but you rather do the work, then you also learn something new. So for starters, look above here:cool:
see? search, try it, use a name like "kaiser" and "tourer tailgate" and see what happens!

By the way, nice cars!

Tourer Phil
7th January 2011, 12:19
right the tailgate is now sorted!

(kaiser) no idea what your thread was about so sorry, but found some other guy that said was the rubber grommet around the switch was pushing the switch up thinking was always open, so i removed and refit and now works fine.

Thanks for the help!!

SD1too
7th January 2011, 15:08
... how many will I need to replace? (how many are there?)
Depending upon the year of your car: two or three. If you fill-in the year box in your forum profile it makes it much easier to give accurate advice.

If a sensor is faulty there will be a fault code stored in the car's ECU. Can you take it to an ex-MG Rover dealer or an X-Part Service Centre? If you're in Ashford, Middlesex then club member Messenger can help you out.

Simon.

Tourer Phil
8th January 2011, 00:19
Thanks for the reply! Unfortunatly I'm ashford Kent, but I may not need them all your saying??

Ohh and it's 2001 51 plate 2.5 v6 160+.

Will any diagnostic tell me or has to be x part??

Cheers for help!

scouseeric
8th January 2011, 00:43
Thanks for the reply! Unfortunatly I'm ashford Kent, but I may not need them all your saying??

Ohh and it's 2001 51 plate 2.5 v6 160+.

Will any diagnostic tell me or has to be x part??

Cheers for help!

use an obd2 scanner if you can and it will tell you which one at fault,
if your replacing any get a decent brand. i tried el cheapo off ebay
but replaced them after a month.