PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Depressurising?

GaryC
6th January 2011, 16:19
I will hopefully replacing my thermostat on my KV6 as soon as it arrives from Kaiser.
I've a couple queries:
1. How do i safely depressurise the fuel line before removing the inlet manifold. it's not mentioned in the Workshop manual at all.
2. Is it best/easiest to disconnect the plastic fuel rail pipe or unbolt the injectors?

G

SD1too
7th January 2011, 07:20
Hi Gary,

Your questions:

1. I released the connector in the fuel line mounted on top of the rear of the throttle body moulding. As a precaution I wrapped a cloth around it expecting pressure to be released but there was nothing significant.
Alternatively you can use the schrader valve with the blue cap visible between the throttle body moulding and the inlet manifolds.

2. You won't need to remove the injectors, just release the electrical connectors on top of them.

Simon.

GaryC
8th January 2011, 11:39
Thanks Simon,
I'm a little less aprehensive now, i've heard of some horror stories as regards fuel..
My thermostat kit arrived from Kaiser yesterday. Looks to be a very substantial piece of kit.
I compared the price with an original kit from Rimmers and the price is exactly the same. So it's a no brainer really. If anyone has a leaky thermostat housing -get one from Kaiser.
I can't recommend him highly enough, the kit he has produced for the same money is brilliant..

G

SD1too
8th January 2011, 15:29
Gary,

There's a straight pipe (water pump to 'stat) and a curved pipe (block to top hose) which you'll need to release in order to extract your plastic thermostat housing. All three are a very tight fit thanks to their substantial 'O' rings so WD40 will be helpful. These seals are available separately (CDU3858) and I'd recommend renewal since it was most likely one of these which was responsible for the coolant leak on my car (miraculously the 'stat housing was, and still is, o.k.).

Simon.

GaryC
9th January 2011, 00:14
Simon,
the thermostat kit supplied by Kaiser has all of the "o"ring seals supplied as standard so there is no need to replace.

G