PDA

View Full Version : Rover 75 1.8 t not starting

h4ck
8th January 2011, 13:32
Hello,

Yesterday while driving ,my engine just shut down when i pushed im in higher RPM(3500) and after shutdown refused to turn on. And after 30 minuts.. it started again like nothing happend ? So i took the car to mehanic and then it started in the morning without problem. 3 hours after that, wont even start.

So i guess it is randon turning on. What coud that be? He sad to me that sometime's he can here the pump working before start, sometimes not?

I read about cam sensor , coud that be it ? Don't know where to start ...

help please

Thanks !

neal.blackmoor
8th January 2011, 13:40
take off the cam sensor clean it off with i rag. put in the fridge for an hour,,, put back on the car and see if it will start. when mine went it took hours for the engine to be cold enough to start the car...then i got told this trick, would have saved me alot of time finding the problem..

h4ck
8th January 2011, 13:44
Ok i will try this , any other options what coud this do ? I see on forum are a lot of fuel filter problems ?

Thank you very much !

Sorry for bed english , i am from slovenia .

p.s :

When i bout the car i changed cables,coils(both), sparks.

Greeners
8th January 2011, 13:48
Search on here for orange clip ...or FFS (I think) the fuel filter lives under the rear seat Left Hand Side below the inspection plate. Start there and make sure it's fitted, or at least the filter hasn't separated.

If that's ok then you can look elsewhere.

Get the garage to put a code reader on see what codes are stored and then clear them. If it does it again, get the codes read and post them back here.

h4ck
8th January 2011, 13:51
Ok i will search for it.

They did a code read, but no error's ? And here in slovenia there is no original Testbook for rover's ...but with that one that he has it showed the missfire error , before change of items from my last post.

Last info :

Engine starts when it is cold without problem, when it is warm it won't start. So as i read here that is cam sensor fault ?

T-Cut
8th January 2011, 23:57
Engine starts when it is cold without problem, when it is warm it won't start. So as i read here that is cam sensor fault ?

That's characteristic of a failing cam sensor. Find French Mike's posts on using a thicker O-ring under the cam sensor to get it working again. Interesting idea based on the changing shape of the magnetic flux I think.

TC

h4ck
9th January 2011, 07:53
I found his post :

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=65916&highlight=cam+sensor+ring&page=2

Yes, we can try that , but is that 100% shure? I woud rather buy new one, and i think is shoud be ok ?

Mr (Z) T
9th January 2011, 10:31
The other day was working on the ZT and unplugged cam sensor electrical connector for accessability.
When I finished I went to test the car but forgot to replug the cam sensor connector back on...

The car started normally - I thought this sensor was required for starting?

h4ck
9th January 2011, 13:28
So we have wound the error, crankshaft sensor was broken, literally broken and "fixed" with a tape ?? I don't know what idiot must have been someone "fixing" that like that.. so i will order new one :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350427717703&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT)

Will this one be correct? I assum that yes? :d

Thank you for your all help and ideas !