PDA

View Full Version : Ride height problem

Devilish
9th January 2011, 08:41
On Friday when I cleaned the car I noticed the rear O/s is almost 3cm lower than the N/S, I assure you I would have noticed this the last time I cleaned the car 3 weeks ago. It has been in the garage throuout the snow and frost, only used on 3 occasions to go to Leeds, Stafford, and Cannock in that time. It passed MOT at the end of Nov, the chap said it was a pleasure to MOT it, eveyone who worked ther had a look round it.
I took it to a performance centre while I was at work on Sat, the mechanic rang me to say although certain he would find a broken spring, he could not find anything wrong with the suspension or running gear. I went back and the head mechanic looked over it who could also find nothing wrong, no wear on anything.
His only guess was that it was the wrong spring, but I assured him it was ok three weeks ago and the rear springs are original. He said it must be a weak spring or it is about to break. We came to the conclusion to change the spring and see. the shocks are fine.

Has anyone experienced this, and can a spring become compressed and lower the ride height without breaking?

Anyone certain that it could be anything else before I replace the rear springs.

http://i681.photobucket.com/albums/vv175/Devilish_UK/Arch-1.jpg