PDA

View Full Version : Cruise Control and Central locking

paulstyle5
9th January 2011, 19:24
I have 2 problems 1 is my cruise control not working it has'nt done since have new clutch fitted 2nd is front passenger door wont open on second press of the fob can only open by pulling handle on interior then the knob goes up on the door but when i lock car it locks as normal
anyone have any help on these issues

Southern Cross
9th January 2011, 19:35
I have an auto so some of the problems aliviated, but as first point may be worth checking your cruise switches on the tops ofthe clutch and brake pedals. they may have been disturbed or worse disconnected when the work carried out on clutch.

As for the passengers door lock problem are you able to lock and unlock that door by either using the key in drivers door (need to attempt unlock drivers door twice) on the lock unlock switch next to hand brake.

paulstyle5
10th January 2011, 15:21
ok thank will check tops of pedals to check for cruise switch as for passenger door it wont open at all now have managed to get door card off i take it i am having a superlock issue as interior knob lifts up but door wont open from interior or exterior handle do you know if i can release lock with out removing glass

Mike Noc
11th January 2011, 21:32
I have 2 problems 1 is my cruise control not working it has'nt done since have new clutch fitted 2nd is front passenger door wont open on second press of the fob can only open by pulling handle on interior then the knob goes up on the door but when i lock car it locks as normal
anyone have any help on these issues

Cruise is probably just switch on top not replaced when master cylinder was changed, or even not quite clipped in low enough to engage when the pedal has returned.

Not easy to get at but a simple push back down when you get your hand on it.

Door is probably the locking mechanism and sadly you have to strip most of it out from the inside to change it, which is why although I have one from the scrapper I haven't got round to fitting it!

Mike