PDA

View Full Version : Front Light condensation

Arctic
12th January 2011, 22:35
Hi
What is the best way to remove the condensation i have in the front cover of my conni face lift pic as below again all help or ideas appreciated. Arctic.
http://i56.tinypic.com/99m3ir.jpg

HarryM1BYT
12th January 2011, 22:45
Remove the bulbs and blow warm air into the unit with an hair drier.

Arctic
12th January 2011, 22:47
Hi Harry
is the front of the face lift not just a cover over the lights as they seems plastic ? if so taking the bulbs out would not solve it would it, ? :shrug: thanks arctic.

HarryM1BYT
12th January 2011, 23:02
I've not needed to pull one apart, but they look as if that is the only thing between the weather, the lamp and reflector. I had problems with condensation in a front indicator and both side indicators, leaking in along the joint between lens / reflector. I managed to seal them all with a coat of nail varnish along the seam.

Eljay55
12th January 2011, 23:53
Hi Arctic. Have you checked that you havn't lost the inspection panel inside the wheel arch? This happened to me and the cover filled with water. Mine fortunately dried out with use of the headlights.
Graham

pab
13th January 2011, 05:44
thread moved to the technical help forum,redirection left.

firstly remove the rubber bungs behind the unit,get some new air in their,as long as the inspection panel is fitted in the wheel arch it's fine to drive in dry weather,a few hours should dry it out.

there could be a small stone chip on the lens allowing moisture to enter the unit.