PDA

View Full Version : Reversing Lights / sensors

EXILED FALCON
14th January 2011, 12:39
Hi, has anyone else had the problem that when shifting into reverse the lights don't come and and the censor doesn't activiate? It's been kind of gradual from working well to every now and again to now not at all. Will I have to remove all of gear covering inside the car or have to go underneath the car to get to the connection which is presumably faulty? Any assistance greatly received! Cheers. Jon

courier118
14th January 2011, 14:19
Reverse light switch,it controls the lights and the reverse sensors........25 min job to replace........Take nearside front wheel off......The switch can clearly be seen with the electrical plug on it.....check to see its still connected.....if it is.........IIRC 19mm deep ring spanner........unscrew then fit new switch..........job done

COLVERT
14th January 2011, 17:44
Same problem. Did mine 3 days ago. Now working perfectly.
Ignore Haynes manual as it tells you to take off the undertray and wheel arch !!!!!!

Another cockup by Haynes to add to the list.

Colvert. :D

COLVERT
14th January 2011, 17:46
PS. Used a box spanner cos there is very little room to move a ring spanner as you will find out. Lol.

Colvert.:getmecoat::getmecoat::getmecoat:

SteveB
15th January 2011, 11:09
Happened to mine about 6 months ago. I pulled off the connector from the switch behind the NSF wheel, gave it a good WD40 and replaced it. It's been 100% fine ever since !

EXILED FALCON
15th January 2011, 18:46
Gents, thanks for the great advice. When it eventually stops raining here I'll have a look. I see the switches are avilabe on eBay for around £10 so it's not too drastic.

COLVERT
16th January 2011, 11:08
Didn't change mine. Just took it out, pinged it back and forth a few times. Put it back in and it works OK.

Colvert.