PDA

View Full Version : Car won't lock with the key fob...

simdel1
15th January 2011, 19:35
Lately I've been having some battery problems with my car. On monday last week it didn't start so I left it and took the fiesta to work for the rest of the week.

Today I noticed that the car was unlocked. I tried to lock it with the button on the fob, but nothing happened. I thought that this was because the battery had run completely flat, so I tried to jump start the car with the fiesta. I couldn't quite get it to start, so I gave up and tried to lock the car now that there was a bit of charge. Nothing.

The light on the fob is coming on. Could my car have forgotten my fob when the battery discharged? Is there anything else I can check or do?

neal.blackmoor
16th January 2011, 04:38
if your car was not charged and would not start there would not be enough charge in the bat to lock it...its a saftey thing on the car...new bat or charge your car over night. then see what happens

simdel1
16th January 2011, 10:57
Ok, I've got a new battery. Is it just a case of removing the old one and fitting the new one, or do I need to do anything else?

tsautos
16th January 2011, 11:04
Leave the drivers door open when changing the battery incase of activation of the central locking

simdel1
16th January 2011, 15:40
Thanks neal and terry!

I changed the battery over and the locks all work as they should. :D