PDA

View Full Version : Heated Washers . . Cant find the connectors

Yella Fella
16th January 2011, 13:56
Hi all,

I bought a set of Rover Heated Washers and tried to fit them today.

The instructions say the cable connectors can be found behind the O/S plastic wheel arch lining, but there was nowt there :shrug:

The instructions look like they are for a 75 and have an 04 ZT, so are the connectors somewhere else?

Cold Yella Fella.

tsautos
16th January 2011, 15:00
The connector will be in the void behind the liner taped to the harness if you have it of course, harsh money saving meant changing and deleting certain options this included main harness deletions not required unless specified

Yella Fella
16th January 2011, 16:10
The connector will be in the void behind the liner taped to the harness if you have it of course, harsh money saving meant changing and deleting certain options this included main harness deletions not required unless specified

Thanks. I did think of this and I had a good feel along the length of the taped harness but it felt like cables only, no connectors.

Maybe they were removed like you said.

Jakg
16th January 2011, 16:28
I have an 04 ZT (MK1 so earlier than yours), and I didnt have it... just hooked it up to an ignition live and it worked fine, tho.

billcoleman
16th January 2011, 22:12
My 55 plate ZT definately does not have the connector. I used a piggy back fuse connector on the same fuse position that is used for the heated mirrors - works fine.

Yella Fella
17th January 2011, 08:35
My 55 plate ZT definately does not have the connector. I used a piggy back fuse connector on the same fuse position that is used for the heated mirrors - works fine.

Maybe a bit too techy for me :panic:

Does that mean wire it into the back of the fuse box (heater mirrors fuse)?

billcoleman
18th January 2011, 12:05
Maybe a bit too techy for me :panic:

Does that mean wire it into the back of the fuse box (heater mirrors fuse)?

This is a simple method of taking a supply off the front of the fusebox. Basically you pull a fuse out and replace it with a plug-in piggy back fuse which accomodates two fuses and has a wire sticking out. One fuse is to make the old circuit, the other fuse is for the new wire. Look at ebay Item number: 370356408306.

The hardest job is to feed the two wires into the car. I will try and take a photo of where is ran my cables.

Yella Fella
18th January 2011, 12:30
Ah, Im with you now, I see what you mean :)

I have orderd one :)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370356408306&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.co.uk%3A80%2F%3F_from%3D R40%26_trksid%3Dp5197.m570.l1313%26_nkw%3D37035640 8306%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

http://i4.ebayimg.com/02/i/07/2d/74/1a_1_b.JPG

:smilie_re: Thanks a million!

tvpcop
18th January 2011, 13:35
This is a simple method of taking a supply off the front of the fusebox. Basically you pull a fuse out and replace it with a plug-in piggy back fuse which accomodates two fuses and has a wire sticking out. One fuse is to make the old circuit, the other fuse is for the new wire. Look at ebay Item number: 370356408306.

The hardest job is to feed the two wires into the car. I will try and take a photo of where is ran my cables.

Not seen them before, they look quite handy