PDA

View Full Version : Strange electrical problems (aircon er, remote lock/open, flashing lights,radio)

arjan_m
17th January 2011, 09:02
Last weekend my battery went out, because the sat/nav unit wouldn't shut down. So I unplugged it, and reloaded the battery last night.

This morning (luckily:D) the car did start, but there are a few strange things:
- My radio doesn't work (It's a HighLine system) anymore; The backlight goes on, but no sound, no TV, nothing.
- The doors won't lock with the remote (but when there locked manual, they will open with the remote)
- The Airco panel says "Er" in stead of the temperature.
- Both flashing lights (left, right, and the "panic" button) doesn't work.

Maybe some more things, but this is what I saw this morning.....Everything worked fine until saterday. The nav-system didn't shut itself down, thanks to this forum I discovered yesterday it had to be the sat/nav unit. And indeed, after unplugging it the system stopped after a minute of 5. :bowdown:

What could have happened, and more important... How can I solve this?? :shrug:

MalteseMarc
17th January 2011, 09:15
It sounds very much that you have got water leaking into the boot area, I had a similar problem about a year ago. Have a look into the boot well to see if there is any water there.

arjan_m
17th January 2011, 09:50
I've checked the boot for water yesterday indeed, because that is a common cause, have read a lot of things about it.

But it's all dry, as far as I checked at least (the space where the spare wheel is, and in the right space where the sat/nav unit is)

Could it be one fuse??? It would amaze me, because there are too many different things for one fuse I would guess. But you'll never know...

Tatts
17th January 2011, 09:53
Have you checked that the ECU isn't sat in a pool of water? Check the plennum drains.

raykay
17th January 2011, 10:04
The common denominator is the K-Bus. If disconnecting the sat nav/unit cures it, it's that causing the problem.

arjan_m
17th January 2011, 10:15
Have you checked that the ECU isn't sat in a pool of water? Check the plennum drains.

I've already adapted the plennum drains, so there is no water in the ECU for sure. (And i do check it quit often)

The common denominator is the K-Bus. If disconnecting the sat nav/unit cures it, it's that causing the problem.

I did disconnect the satnav unit, because it the cause of my battery flattening.... But afterwards these problems started...

Just thinking while typing..... It is possible another device would cause K-Bus problems? Like the radiomodule, TV module or something?

COLVERT
17th January 2011, 10:15
If your battery had become discharged because of the sat/nav and you have now recharged it then disconnect the battery from the car for at least half an hour.
This will reboot the ECU and maybe cure the problems.

Worth a try.

Colvert.

raykay
17th January 2011, 10:29
Just thinking while typing..... It is possible another device would cause K-Bus problems? Like the radiomodule, TV module or something?

A fault on anything connected to the K-Bus can cause the problem.

arjan_m
17th January 2011, 20:41
If your battery had become discharged because of the sat/nav and you have now recharged it then disconnect the battery from the car for at least half an hour.
This will reboot the ECU and maybe cure the problems.

Worth a try.

Colvert.

Thanks Colvert!! :bowdown:

It did indeed solve all the problems. After a hour disconnecting the battery, everything was back! :D

COLVERT
18th January 2011, 21:48
Thanks Colvert!! :bowdown:

It did indeed solve all the problems. After a hour disconnecting the battery, everything was back! :D

Good news, indeed.

Alls well that ends well. Lol.

Colvert. :D

Martynp
18th January 2011, 22:11
Good lad our Colvert!
Improves with age----