PDA

View Full Version : Scottish Region - 2011 Proposals

derekosb
18th January 2011, 11:20
Hi Guys.

Firstly my apologies I have been a bit slow off the mark this year. So much that Yella Fella was asking what the plans are for 2011?

See here (http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=76192) for Glenn's initial post.

Anyway, as I mentioned on the above post the plans are just being set out and I am happy to receive any suggestions from the members.

So far the calendar is shaping up along these lines:

Jan 11
Feb 11 - 1st Meet (TBC - possible return to Cambo?)
Mar 11 - 6th March: 1st National Meet
Apr 11 - 9th & 10th April - Oban Weekend (http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=78676)
May 11 - 29th May - SARR (Falkirk Wheel)
Jun 11
Jul 11 - Possible Gretna meet with Bluejon's region (tbc)
Aug 11
Sep 11 - 18th Sept: 2nd National Meet
Sep 11 - 25th Sept Monster Machines - East Fortune Airfield
Oct 11
Nov 11 - Sunday 20th November - Loch Lomond Shores(Xmas Lights)
Dec 11

I must stress these are only outline plans and I will need to discuss with Bluejon his plans regarding Gretna.

I would welcome any suggestions the members may have.

One idea was for a few smaller less formal meets, more in the way of "runs". For example a "run" to somewhere like Largs or Troon for fish and chips and a natter. All ideas welcome and thanks to Glenn for kicking 2011 off.

With the idea of the 1st meet at the end of February I would be keen on members' opinions on a return to Cambo (see here for last year's meet (http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=52831&highlight=Cambo))

The Snowdrop Festival is on again and runs until 13th March. I would suggest the Sunday 27th February as that is the weekend they have the Family Drop In workshops running again.

All opinions welcome.:}

Derek

pab
18th January 2011, 11:48
not that slow off the mark derek,as discussed cambo was a successful meet it gave members north of the central belt a chance to attend a meet,great venue too.

regarding the return to gretna which again had a great turnout,would give you and bluejohn a chance to work together too

these local runs to the coast and other places for car park meets and fish and chips is a great way of filling in..i would be very keen on these.

WeeMan
18th January 2011, 12:52
these local runs to the coast and other places for car park meets and fish and chips is a great way of filling in..i would be very keen on these.

:D Agree with you!, looking forward to meeting up.

derekosb
18th January 2011, 13:05
:D Agree with you!, looking forward to meeting up.

Thanks for following the link Tommy, I was not ignoring your earlier response on Yella Fella's thread.:D

Sounds like a good idea. For those interested we could have a few meeting points en-route and grow the convoy on the way to a nice coastal spot for a "bite and a blether".

The intention here would likely be more local based than the main meets we organise. So a West Coast run could come down from Glasgow to Ayrshire for example. East Coast could go from Livingston/Bathgate in towards Edinburgh heading for North Berwick for example.

North East run could see Dundee and Aberdeen members converging towards a meet up in somewhere like Arbroath or Montrose.

So any suggestions for dates please let me know.

Derek

Freebyrd
18th January 2011, 14:00
not that slow off the mark derek,as discussed cambo was a successful meet it gave members north of the central belt a chance to attend a meet,great venue too.

Regarding the return to gretna which again had a great turnout,would give you and bluejohn a chance to work together too

strongly agree

Yella Fella
18th January 2011, 14:01
I'm quite involved with my other group (MGTF), especially during the summer months but I'll be at a couple of meets in the earlier part of the year and later part for sure. :)

I see the SARR show is planned. In addition to that, how about Glamis Extravaganza (9th, 10th July 2011) and Scone Shows (11th Sept 2011)?

We were at both last year and both were fab shows. Like loads of other car groups, we had our own stands and picked up a few new members (not bad for a lesser popular car) so the 75 and ZT should do alot better. Great weekends and great social event to.:beer2: :pepsi:

Turn up on the day or camping on the grounds of the castles :)

Glamis Extravaganza pics . . .
http://mg-freedom.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=glamis&action=display&thread=1284&page=1

Just a though :)

derekosb
18th January 2011, 15:50
I'm quite involved with my other group (MGTF), especially during the summer months but I'll be at a couple of meets in the earlier part of the year and later part for sure. :)

I see the SARR show is planned. In addition to that, how about Glamis Extravaganza (9th, 10th July 2011) and Scone Shows (11th Sept 2011)?

We were at both last year and both were fab shows. Like loads of other car groups, we had our own stands and picked up a few new members (not bad for a lesser popular car) so the 75 and ZT should do alot better. Great weekends and great social event to.:beer2: :pepsi:

Turn up on the day or camping on the grounds of the castles :)

Glamis Extravaganza pics . . .
http://mg-freedom.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=glamis&action=display&thread=1284&page=1

Just a though :)

I can understand the drop top will come out to play in the summer:D:D

Tammyboy suggested Glamis last year but nothing was organised. I do think that looks like you had a really good time too!!

I personally would not be able to make it as I will be on holiday then but would be happy to co-ordinate as usual if enough members fancied it.

Don't know much about the Scone show. What is involved there?

Derek

Yella Fella
18th January 2011, 17:46
We went to Glamis for the first time last year and had a space on the MG Car Club site but this year we are looking to have our own. We made a weekend of it, arriving on the Friday and camped two nights. :beer2: and some of our partners were there also :wine:
The actual show is on the Sunday. Cars on the stands for 0900 (I think)
The Glamis Extravaganza is now regarded as "the" main show in Scotland after the Culzean Classic Show ended. Lots of auto stands , stalls etc.

Scone is similar to Glamis (but not as good - IMO) with loads of car other clubs. Its more aggrecultural, tractors, lorries, fireingines . . . all sorts really but still a good show and worth going. Again we camped for two nights. :beer2:Again lots of auto stands, stall, autojumbles etc.

IIRC is only £3 per car and £2 for camping but dont quote me on that.

Scone is hosted by the Scottish Vintage Tractor and Engine Club, but dont be misled by this, is a good show. They don't show much of the cars on thie site, just their "tractor" stuff.
http://www.svtec.org/index.html

Hope all that helps a bit.

Lost Soul
18th January 2011, 18:22
Would be interested in Glamis as used to go every year from the early 80's until my Dad died 5 years ago. From that area as a child.

AldoR
18th January 2011, 19:14
We are up for most meets pending on work commitments:}

2Diesels
18th January 2011, 19:33
We are up for most meets pending on work commitments:}
And fuel allowance:D

Simondi
18th January 2011, 19:52
Funnily enough I was in Largs on Saturday and thought it would be excellent for a small meet. Lovely big car park, chips & ice cream!!

The other location which would like to have us is Kelbounre Castle. I had a chat with them last year and they would be keen to have a car club there and as such would advertise us!!! Fame at last

pab
18th January 2011, 19:52
And fuel allowance:Despecially when i get behind the wheel.

hope you will grace us with your presence at a meet in the near future colin.

AldoR
18th January 2011, 19:55
:clap:Nice one boys i do like that!

2Diesels
18th January 2011, 19:56
especially when i get behind the wheel.

hope you will grace us with your presence at a meet in the near future colin.
I'll try ;)

Brush 1
18th January 2011, 21:27
Hope to make it to some of them cant wait to get to my first. i had a great day at kelso last year at floors castle end of aug they had pipe bands stalls etc should maybe try to have a meet there. for east coast run i,d suggest leave north berwick for dunbar as better chip shop there or eyemouth.

Simondi
18th January 2011, 21:31
So lets get this right. We're looking at a series of meets all based around chippies.:drool4: Sounds like a plan

Thomas
18th January 2011, 21:33
A fattening plan .....................sounds great!

2Diesels
18th January 2011, 21:34
So lets get this right. We're looking at a series of meets all based around chippies.:drool4: Sounds like a plan
Oooh count me in then:D

FLYER
19th January 2011, 08:21
any meeting that involves fish n chips or any kind of noshing will be attended by mr and mrs FLYER.

Lol.

Halcyon
20th January 2011, 17:11
Just a thought - how about a run to the North-West: Inverary/Oban/Fort William (etc.) way? (I recommend Norrie's Fish Bar in Oban!)

Cheers
Steve

James.uk
20th January 2011, 17:24
Two suggestions ==

One--- make the weather warmer up there.. :o

Two :--- Move Scotland 200 miles further South.. :D :D

Heh heh...

pab
20th January 2011, 18:07
Two suggestions ==

One--- make the weather warmer up there.. :o

Two :--- Move Scotland 200 miles further South.. :D :D

Heh heh...
...as a englishman residing up here i agree the winters are cold but the summers can be pleasant.

on my reckoning 200 miles would get you as far as preston,lancashire from my location.

pab
21st January 2011, 15:16
just received my scottish vintage vehicle federation year book,it seems that the SARR meet is planed for the falkirk wheel on the 28th/29th of may.

suzublu
21st January 2011, 15:25
Hi Paul, i got one as well. I,ved asked Derek if he got one,& if he didn,t,he could have mine.Seems to be some good shows this year.

pab
21st January 2011, 15:29
Hi Paul, i got one as well. I,ved asked Derek if he got one,& if he didn,t,he could have mine.Seems to be some good shows this year.should think derek will be on their mailing list..

are you going to join us for a couple of meets north of the border this year ronnie?

suzublu
21st January 2011, 15:34
You mean my second home?:D Hopefully. Car,s changed a bit since you last saw it.

Halcyon
21st January 2011, 15:41
I agree with Pab - the summers can be nice up here...often...well, sometimes...and if we stick to the coast as much as possible the sea breezes will keep the dreaded midgies away.

How would this be..?

A run from Glasgow up the A82 to Crainlarich (tea/buns at the Green Welly) then across Rannoch Moor (stopping at the viewpoint halyway across) to Glencoe (good grub at the Clachaig Inn) then down the coast road towards Oban (stop for more tea/buns at Stalker View Cafe - one of the world's best views out across the sea, with Stalker Castle in the foreground); fish 'n' chips from Norrie's in Oban (eat them on the seafront), then home via Lochgilphead and the Rest and Be Thankful pass.

If that's too long you could go to Oban via Dalmally from Crainlarich - that would cut our Glencoe and Appin, though, and you'd miss some of the most beautiful countryside in the world, even if the Crainlarich-Dalmally-Oban road is very pretty in its own right.

Just a thought...

Cheers
Steve

2Diesels
21st January 2011, 15:41
A mini invasion is being talked about:D ain't that right Ronnie?

suzublu
21st January 2011, 15:45
You bet Col,i,m sure our "old friend" would also cadge a lift.:D:D

2Diesels
21st January 2011, 15:47
Oh I'm sure he will:D

derekosb
21st January 2011, 21:53
just received my scottish vintage vehicle federation year book,it seems that the SARR meet is planed for the falkirk wheel on the 28th/29th of may.

Hi Paul,

I have also had an email from Trevor (p5tgc) to confirm the date and venue so we will set up the usual thread for the Sunday nearer the time.

Derek

pab
22nd January 2011, 11:13
I agree with Pab - the summers can be nice up here...often...well, sometimes...and if we stick to the coast as much as possible the sea breezes will keep the dreaded midgies away.

How would this be..?

A run from Glasgow up the A82 to Crainlarich (tea/buns at the Green Welly) then across Rannoch Moor (stopping at the viewpoint halyway across) to Glencoe (good grub at the Clachaig Inn) then down the coast road towards Oban (stop for more tea/buns at Stalker View Cafe - one of the world's best views out across the sea, with Stalker Castle in the foreground); fish 'n' chips from Norrie's in Oban (eat them on the seafront), then home via Lochgilphead and the Rest and Be Thankful pass.

If that's too long you could go to Oban via Dalmally from Crainlarich - that would cut our Glencoe and Appin, though, and you'd miss some of the most beautiful countryside in the world, even if the Crainlarich-Dalmally-Oban road is very pretty in its own right.

Just a thought...

Cheers
Stevesounds a good idea,if you can work out the mileage and travel times for both routes..agree their is some great scenery,the furthest i have been up the west coast is glencoe,past jimmy savilles house on the way.

petrol prices are the only stumbling block..

Halcyon
22nd January 2011, 12:16
From Anniesdland to our house in Kilmelford is 104 miles via the Rest - it's as near as dammit the same via Crainlarich. The journey takes us 2 1/2 hours, so that'd be about 210 miles and about 5 hours for the return trip, not counting time spent for breaks. To go via Glencoe would add about 125 miles and about 3 hours, plus time for breaks. It'd p'raps be a run for a long summer's day, or perhaps a weekender? It's just a suggestion, anyway.

Cheers
Steve

pab
22nd January 2011, 15:45
derek took part in the round britain rally a couple of summers ago,his leg was from glasgow to fort william,maybe when he sees this he can comment..

WeeMan
22nd January 2011, 21:01
;) A weekend "tour" would be nice, maybe camping overnight somewhere with a bbq and campfire!... oh i hope it's hot this summer. :)

Graham1961
22nd January 2011, 21:29

How would this be..?

Just a thought...

Cheers
SteveI would certainly be up for something like that, have to say Glencoe is beautiful, but the "fish & chips" is the clincher.:drool4:

Simondi
22nd January 2011, 22:43
;) A weekend "tour" would be nice, maybe camping overnight somewhere with a bbq and campfire!... oh i hope it's hot this summer. :)

Whoa, steady on. Camping:panic:;)

Brush 1
22nd January 2011, 23:02
I,ve been to inverary and oban a few times and scenery is great on a good day. and i,d reccomend norries chippy, as for weekend up there yeah work permitting i,d be up for that, my tent is awaiting. oh can i leave the other half tho?

Halcyon
23rd January 2011, 15:57
If the general consensus is that a run up this way would be a good idea, I can makes some enquiries if Derek wants me to. I know the folk who run both of the Oban campsites, though I don't think either of them would permit open fires. For those who don't wish to camp, Oban is full of b&b's and hotels - though I'd advise booking. The people who run the Ayres Guest House (really a hotel) on the Esplanade in Oban are good friends of mine too, so I can enquire there as well if people want, or if people want to stay a bit further south there's always the Cuilfail Hotel in Kilmelford itself - nice place, good ale/grub, penty of parking - though I have to declare a vested interest here because I know the owners very well and I live next door!

I'm going away to Englandshire for a few days but I'm quite willing to ask around if it's wanted - let me know, Derek.

All the best, folks
Steve

derekosb
23rd January 2011, 18:04
If the general consensus is that a run up this way would be a good idea, I can makes some enquiries if Derek wants me to. I know the folk who run both of the Oban campsites, though I don't think either of them would permit open fires. For those who don't wish to camp, Oban is full of b&b's and hotels - though I'd advise booking. The people who run the Ayres Guest House (really a hotel) on the Esplanade in Oban are good friends of mine too, so I can enquire there as well if people want, or if people want to stay a bit further south there's always the Cuilfail Hotel in Kilmelford itself - nice place, good ale/grub, penty of parking - though I have to declare a vested interest here because I know the owners very well and I live next door!

I'm going away to Englandshire for a few days but I'm quite willing to ask around if it's wanted - let me know, Derek.

All the best, folks
Steve

Hi Steve,

As Regional Secretary I am not here to "tell" the members what meets to arrange:bowdown:. It is always my aim to arrange meets the members are interested in attending or that they ask for:}. It looks like there are a few members who like the idea of a run to Oban so if you don't mind doing some leg work then I would be very grateful if you were able to make some enquiries.

Many thanks Steve.

Any other members fancy this idea of a run to the Oban area, probably sometime in the summer? Pop your opinions on this thread, that what its here for! :shrug::D

All suggestions welcome guys (and gals).

Derek

Brush 1
23rd January 2011, 18:41
I,d be up for an oban trip but it to far for a day trip therefor its an overnighter, if memory serves me right there no free parking within oban and only hotel with free parking was the town house hotel

Thomas
23rd January 2011, 18:44
I think there is free parking up near the sports centre? Been a while since I was there though

pab
23rd January 2011, 19:14
the idea sounds good..as long tents and camping is not involved,i like my creature comforts.

incidentally er indoors and myself tried this camping on the north east side of loch lomond,it took several bottles of merlot to even get the slightest bit of sleep :D

FLYER
24th January 2011, 19:06
Whoa, steady on. Camping:panic:;)i.m free .:D:D

Halcyon
24th January 2011, 21:37
Hi, Folks

OK - it appears that some people want to do a run to Oban and that of those, most would prefer to stay in a hotel though some may want to camp. I'll have a look at hotels with parking available (there is a free car park near the Tesco store but it's s short walk from the hotels and is often full) and I'll see the people at the campsite near the shore. (Let me know if anyone would prefer to stay in Kilmelford at the Cuilfail.) It'd help if I knew how many might be coming and when the preferred weekend is, so if folk can at least give me a rough idea that'd be great. I dunno about a starting point for the run - somewhere in Glasgow, or perhaps the Luss services?

I'll be away now for a few days but I'll get onto it when I get back.

(Cheers for your apparent confidence in me, Derek - I hope it's not misplaced!)

All the best
Steve

Graham1961
25th January 2011, 19:46
I would be interested in a run to Oban, and the surrounding area, if it's a overnighter i would stay in Guest House or Hotel, like the idea very much. Would this be the summer ? Another place that is a favourite of mine is Grantown-on-Spey, and would certainly be worth a run, beautiful area and places to park, eat, and sleep. The idea of "wee mini meets" appeals to me as well, be it a run somewhere, but i'm up for anything really.

francoh20
25th January 2011, 21:52
oh now we re talking!!! better get the front end finished fast on h20fra:D

Brush 1
26th January 2011, 19:13
thots on an oban trip, wouldnt it be better if all going stayed in the one hotel eg town house hotel then all the cars would be in hotel car park (to the rear and off the road) and maybe try for bit discount for group booking. save bit cash and evreyone scattered around town.

Garaidh
27th January 2011, 21:10
A trip up to Argyll would be great.

Loch Melfort Hotel is excellent and is next to Arduaine Gardens. Oban's just a few miles away. http://www.lochmelfort.co.uk

Also if anyone has a dog they have rooms with french doors so they're ideal.

Lots of safe parking, too.

Roll on summer! :cool:

ps a shame IMHO the All Rover Rally is at the Falkirk Wheel again, we much preferred the castle.........

Thomas
27th January 2011, 21:20
ps a shame IMHO the All Rover Rally is at the Falkirk Wheel again, we much preferred the castle.........[/QUOTE]

I actually agree with that

derekosb
28th January 2011, 10:07
ps a shame IMHO the All Rover Rally is at the Falkirk Wheel again, we much preferred the castle.........

I actually agree with that

So do I as the SARR this year will then be the 3rd time we will have met at the Falkirk Wheel.

There is an event at Thirlestane Castle the week after the SARR which we could also attend?

The Borders Vintage Automobile Club is holding it's 39th Annual Historic Motoring Extravaganza at Thirlestane Castle on Sunday the 5th of June.

www.bvac.org.uk/thirlestane (http://www.bvac.org.uk/thirlestane)

Now whilst the classes are intended for cars built before 1984 they also have an "Interesting Vehicles" category for vehicles built up to current day. The club could have a presence at the event or perhaps members would simply like to attend. I certainly have great memories of Thirlestane Castle from the 2009 SARR.

Opinions welcome.

Derek

Halcyon
28th January 2011, 16:57
OK, folks, back in sunny Scotland now - I'll make a few enquiries over the next couple of weeks vis-a-vis hotels etc.

Cheers
Steve:)

derekosb
28th January 2011, 17:00
OK, folks, back in sunny Scotland now - I'll make a few enquiries over the next couple of weeks vis-a-vis hotels etc.

Cheers
Steve:)

Cheers Steve,

This appears to have a few folk interested so look forward to hearing how you get on.

Derek

Graham1961
28th January 2011, 20:05
I have to say i loved Thirlstane Castle back in 2009, was a beautiful day as well, but i would be up for a trip to Thirlestane the week after SARR, as i know i am off that weekend:D....but any scenic drive i'm interested.

Brush 1
30th January 2011, 18:53
so that will be a scenic drive in the summer then, when roads are bit cleaner haha

derekosb
30th January 2011, 19:02
so that will be a scenic drive in the summer then, when roads are bit cleaner haha

Definitely wait a while to plan a scenic drive:D:D

With the SARR and possibly the Borders Vintage Rally in late May/early June we would probably be best looking at either April/early May or the end of June/early July for the Oban run.

Any more thoughts on the 1st meet in February guys?

Derek

Graham1961
31st January 2011, 15:43
I am up for a meet in February, on annual leave after next week, so i can manage 12 and 13th and the 19 and 20th weekends.......quite flexible as far as places to go.

Brush 1
1st February 2011, 09:53
If the meet in feb was a sunday i,m available for all apart from the 20th

AldoR
1st February 2011, 20:47
just to add about weekends away this sounds like a plan however it is February and the weather isn't at it's best this maybe the time to mention if the club ever decides to camp as a group or small individuals worth knowing i have an extensive range of catering equipment ie. pots. pans, etc. microwave, gas bbq, this can help means we dont have to eat sausage and burgers all the time as i like real food on the go like mince and tatties, chillis and currys. having the bbq also brings folk together
Aldo every little helps.

[/URL]
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd16/aldov6/Trailer/DSC00021-Copy-Copy3-Copy-2.jpg

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd16/aldov6/Trailer/P1000507-Copy-1.jpg

(http://s220.photobucket.com/albums/dd16/aldov6/Trailer/?action=view&current=DSC00021-Copy-Copy3-Copy-2.jpg)

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd16/aldov6/Trailer/DSC00038-Copy3-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy.jpg

(http://s220.photobucket.com/albums/dd16/aldov6/Trailer/?action=view&current=DSC00038-Copy3-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy.jpg)
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd16/aldov6/Trailer/P1000466.jpg

[URL="http://s220.photobucket.com/albums/dd16/aldov6/Trailer/?action=view&current=P1000522.jpg"]
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd16/aldov6/Trailer/P1000522.jpg

The kids can have fun to they can bring various game stations with them and i can plug either in.

Brush 1
2nd February 2011, 06:13
In theory i got nowt against camping, i got a big 6 man tent and all the gear but only used it twice and both times it chucked with rain and blew a gale. and that was in a scottish summer lol

pab
3rd February 2011, 18:23
still like the idea of a mini meet,fish 'n' chips and a decent scenic carpark..and a small run out to the venue.

Graham1961
3rd February 2011, 18:58
still like the idea of a mini meet,fish 'n' chips and a decent scenic carpark..and a small run out to the venue.
I quite fancy something like that myself, sounds and tastes very nice...fish suppers:drool4:

AldoR
3rd February 2011, 20:13
Yes this sounds like a plan:D

Brush 1
4th February 2011, 07:23
just a thot on the mini run what bout peebles or moffat?

Halcyon
5th February 2011, 16:15
Hiya, Folks

I've done some research, and one thing that is quite clear is that the cost of a hotel room is going to rise quite a bit in June/July. People were also talking about going in April or early May - how would Sat. April 9th. and Sun. April 10th. be?

I've visited some of the hotels in Oban and surrounds. The following rates are for a double/twin room with breakfasts in April (and parking is available):

Oban:
Manor House Hotel £167 (very posh)
Oban Bay Hotel £135 plus £5 per night parkng (which must be booked, and it's a tight squeeze)
Rowantree Hotel £90
Lancaster Hotel £74

Kilmelford (15 miles south of Oban on the Lochgilphead road):
Cuilfail Hotel £70 (good rooms, good food, good ale and good cheer - the landlord, Simon, says that he'll look after us and that if we want to pre-order, say, 20 fish suppers he'll lay them on. I have to declare a vested interest as I live next door and Simon and Yvonne are good friends of mine). (Note: excellent brown ale on pump.)

I've also asked the Loch Melfort Hotel at Arduaine for a price but they've yet to get back to me (I don't think it will be as cheap as the Cuilfail, though).

There are two compsites in Oban - but if you want to camp make sure that you take your anit-midge hood and plenty of "Skin so Soft" (or don't leave any skin exposed!).

You can view the hotels' sites as follows:
Manor House Hotel: www.manorhouseoban.com (http://www.manorhouseoban.com)
Oban Bay Hotel: www.crerarhotels.com (http://www.crerarhotels.com)
Rowantree Hotel: doesn't appear to have a website
Lancaster Hotel: www.lancasteroban.com (http://www.lancasteroban.com)
Cuilfail Hotel: www.cuilfail.co.uk (http://www.cuilfail.co.uk)
Loch Melfort Hotel: www.lochmelfort.co.uk (http://www.lochmelfort.co.uk)

So...over to you folks. What do you reckon?

Cheers
Steve

Brush 1
5th February 2011, 17:24
Well done steve you pv bit work into this. was that the prices for both nights? do you know roughly how many rooms the culifeil hotel has?

Brush 1
5th February 2011, 17:52
i looke at cuilfail hotel looks ok. i,ve got my hols in april so 9th +10th are ok with me so count me in

derekosb
5th February 2011, 18:46
Steve thank you.:bowdown: Excellent and I do agree that if we are looking at a hotel we want to avoid peak season.:cool:

Kilmelford and the Cuilfail Hotel sounds an excellent idea.:}

I assume you would be up for it so if I start a list with you and Brush1 lets see where this goes?

If it looks like generating enough interest then I will start a seperate thread.

Sat 9th/Sun 10th April
The Cuilfail Hotel, Kilmelford, Argyll
(12 rooms)

Fun run to Oban and Saturday evening Social and Sunday Club Meet

If interested please add your name and let Steve know if you need a room for the Saturday night or would just come up on the Sunday for the meet.

1. Halcyon
2. Brush1

Not sure yet whether I would make the Saturday but I'll confirm as soon as possible.

So who is up for this venture in to beautiful Argyll?:}

suzublu
5th February 2011, 20:20
Derek,me,me,me.Any chance of a visit north.:drool4: Obviously i,ll need to book sat night,but,hey ho, love the place.Ronnie:bowdown:

Halcyon
5th February 2011, 20:22
OK, looks like the ball's rolling - hope people enjoy the run!

(That price was per room, per night, Brush, and the hotel has twelve rooms, two of which are "family suites". There's plenty of parking.)

All the best, folks - roll on April.

Cheers
Steve

Graham1961
5th February 2011, 20:32
Hi Derek...Please put me down as well, will do the weekend overnighter in the hotel, gave me a wee oppertunity to have a look round.

suzublu
5th February 2011, 20:36
Hope you don,t want to share a room with me Graham!:D

Brush 1
5th February 2011, 22:01
Does he snore? zzz zzz lol

derekosb
5th February 2011, 22:16
Steve thank you.:bowdown: Excellent and I do agree that if we are looking at a hotel we want to avoid peak season.:cool:

I assume you would be up for it so if I start a list with you and Brush1 lets see where this goes?

If it looks like generating enough interest then I will start a seperate thread.

Sat 9th/Sun 10th April
(12 rooms)

If interested please add your name and let Steve know if you need a room for the Saturday night or would just come up on the Sunday for the meet.

1. Halcyon
2. Brush1
3. suzublu
4. GRAHAM1961

Not sure yet whether I would make the Saturday but I'll confirm as soon as possible.

Derek,me,me,me.Any chance of a visit north.:drool4: Obviously i,ll need to book sat night,but,hey ho, love the place.Ronnie:bowdown:

Hi Ronnie, excellent mate and Steve has got your PM.

Hi Derek...Please put me down as well, will do the weekend overnighter in the hotel, gave me a wee oppertunity to have a look round.

Done, my friend. Sounds good doesn't it? Not sure if the 12 rooms will be enough:D:D

Anyone else up for this one?

Derek

Brush 1
6th February 2011, 08:23
This may seem silly question but i,ll ask anyway, do we contact the hotel ourselves individualy to book room or what? roll on april!!!

derekosb
6th February 2011, 09:33
This may seem silly question but i,ll ask anyway, do we contact the hotel ourselves individualy to book room or what? roll on april!!!

No, not a silly question at all. Steve? Would you be happy to co-ordinate the hotel bookings for us? If you can confirm then members can PM you with their details.

Cheers,

Derek

Halcyon
6th February 2011, 14:02
Hi, Derek

I'm happy to co-ordinate bookings - people can just let me know whether they want to share with anyone or whether they want to book a room for themselves, and I'll let Simon and Yvonne in the Cuilfail know. I'll have to pay a deposit on each room but I'm willing to do this - I'll just get it back from the hotel when those who are staying pay for their rooms. That way, people can simply settle up with Simon and Yvonne when they get to the Cuilfail. Is this ok with everyone? (If we want to go for a massed fish 'n' chips there, perhaps people could let me know too - otherwise we can simply choose from the menu and pay for any evening meals people might want individually.)

If that's ok, pm me with room/nosh requirements, folks.

Cheers
Steve

Tim_Burgess
6th February 2011, 18:03
We like the sound of the fish n' chip runs. Largs, Inverary or Ayr perhaps. How about a run to New Lanark? Plenty of parking and plenty to see.

East Fortune was good last year so I'd defiitely be up for a return visit. Same with SARR although it would be nice if it was at a different venue this year.

There must be other Historic Scotland or National Trust places we could visit too.

BTW if it's camping in Argyll you want, I'm more than happy lo let members camp in my back garden; might be a big queue for the bathroom in the morning though:D:D

Brush 1
8th February 2011, 16:54
For a laugh on the oban 'weekend' why dont we all wear long blonde wigs, imagine the locals faces to see a convoy of 75,s driven thru town by a load of bimbos lol

suzublu
8th February 2011, 17:56
I know you Scots like wearing skirts,but blond wigs as well?:shrug::D

Brush 1
9th February 2011, 12:48
It just an idea for a bit of fun and a bit of a laugh, not compulsary

Graham1961
9th February 2011, 18:56
Just had a look at the Cuilfail Hotel's website....I'm very impressed, it looks very, very nice, that will do us proud.

AldoR
9th February 2011, 19:05

Sat 9th/Sun 10th April
(12 rooms)

1. Halcyon
2. Brush1
3. AldoR

Graham1961
9th February 2011, 19:14

Sat 9th/Sun 10th April
(12 rooms)

1. Halcyon
2. Brush1
3. AldoR

So who is up for this venture in to beautiful Argyll?:}Put me down as well please.

derekosb
9th February 2011, 20:02
Sat 9th/Sun 10th April
(12 rooms)

1. Halcyon
2. Brush1
3. suzublu
4. GRAHAM1961

You are already down Graham, Aldo just copied the 1st list.

Look forward to hearing from you Aldo.

Cheers,

Derek

FLYER
9th February 2011, 21:08
Flyer and mrs Flyer are very interested in this wee trip as we are off on the 11th so could stay the sat and sun night .

I should be able to confirm fairly quickly derek .:D

Hotel looks very olde worlde , just what we like .;)

Tam
9th February 2011, 23:24
Take it the Cambo meet is off then not seen a mention for a while ?:shrug:

derekosb
10th February 2011, 06:48
Take it the Cambo meet is off then not seen a mention for a while ?:shrug:

Hi Tam,

I never really got much response to the question I posed about returning to Cambo and it is now getting very close to the likely date I was looking at.

Last chance then, anyone fancy a return to Cambo this year?

2 possible dates are Sunday 27th February or Sunday 6th March.:shrug:

Derek

Graham1961
10th February 2011, 10:52
Hi Derek..I would be up for a Cambo meet in February if it was the 19/20th, or March 12/13th and the 19/20th....

Brush 1
10th February 2011, 12:56
I,m free for the 27th

derekosb
10th February 2011, 13:12
I,m free for the 27th

Do you not want to be seen with your brother, Ian?:D:D

Graham gave all the dates around except the 27th:}

Anyone else fancy a meet at Cambo in the next 2 to 3 weeks?

Derek

Freebyrd
10th February 2011, 13:28
Cambo would be fime for me, only date free in Feb is Sunday 20th

Brush 1
10th February 2011, 15:13
20th is only sunday ie feb i,m working same as 6th march is only sun in march i,m working

suzublu
10th February 2011, 17:47
Can,t do Cambo this year Derek, already committed to Oban weekend & road tax due this month:mad:

Simondi
10th February 2011, 20:37
I won't have any free weekends for a while:(

Garaidh
12th February 2011, 16:43
Hi Derek

I could do a run to Cambo, reasonably flexible on dates. If it was a day like today... :D nice...

Was great to get out finally this year and do some TLC stuff with the car, which has had quite a lot of wallet-ouch work done over the winter. Got the club badge on, finally, and checked the plenums and oooops one was overflowing so fixed and no harm done!

I'd not sure yet about Argyll but will let you know asap monsieur.

Cheers
Gary

Tim_Burgess
12th February 2011, 17:15
We will give Cambo a miss this year; Tax is due on the daily driver and 75 needs 2 new rear tyres.

We will probably motor over to Oban on the Sunday though.

Brush 1
15th February 2011, 08:24
Whats the latest list of people attending the oban weekend? at the moment it looks as tho there only 4 staying over, as much as i cant wait to go it does seem a low turn out

derekosb
15th February 2011, 08:26
Whats the latest list of people attending the oban weekend? at the moment it looks as tho there only 4 staying over, as much as i cant wait to go it does seem a low turn out

Morning Ian,

So far it is just the 4 confirmed as attending, however I will be starting a dedicated thread shortly as well as sending out a PM to my list of Scottish members which should increase the interest.

Derek

Brush 1
15th February 2011, 14:26
Lets hope a few more go, weather permiting it should be a good weekend

FLYER
15th February 2011, 21:39
Morning Ian,

So far it is just the 4 confirmed as attending, however I will be starting a dedicated thread shortly as well as sending out a PM to my list of Scottish members which should increase the interest.

DerekME AND THE WIFE ARE NOW CONFIRMING oban , WE WILL STAY SAT SUN IF THEY CAN BOOK US IN OK .:D

AldoR
17th February 2011, 20:06
Alison and myself are interested in going if i can get information on were everyone is stayin and the cost for B&B/Hotel :}

Halcyon
17th February 2011, 21:38
Hi, Aldo

People are staying at the Cuilfail Hotel in Kilmelford (www.cuilfail.co.uk (http://www.cuilfail.co.uk)) and rooms are £70 double/twin and £85 for a family suite (though I think there's only one of those left). All prices are per room, b&b. Derek has asked me to coordinate the room bookings (I live next to the hotel) and so far I've booked rooms for Graham1961 and suzublu (Saturday night only), FLYER (Saturday and Sunday nights) and Brush1 (Saturday night only). (So far 4 cars and 7 people are coming.) Single rooms might be available if people want.

Stop press! There'll be a quiz night in the hotel on the Saturday night if people want to take part (not compulsory, obviously!) in aid of the Firefighters' Charity. They're a laugh - me and Ruth go to all of them (but we would, 'cause we're in the local fire unit) and there are always lots of prizes. There'll also be a care wash on the Sunday for those whose cars have gathered some grime on the way up (or down).

All the best
Steve

Graham1961
17th February 2011, 22:23
Hi, Aldo

People are staying at the Cuilfail Hotel in Kilmelford (www.cuilfail.co.uk (http://www.cuilfail.co.uk)) and rooms are £70 double/twin and £85 for a family suite (though I think there's only one of those left). All prices are per room, b&b. Derek has asked me to coordinate the room bookings (I live next to the hotel) and so far I've booked rooms for Graham1961 and suzublu (Saturday night only), FLYER (Saturday and Sunday nights) and Brush1 (Saturday night only). (So far 4 cars and 7 people are coming.) Single rooms might be available if people want.

Stop press! There'll be a quiz night in the hotel on the Saturday night if people want to take part (not compulsory, obviously!) in aid of the Firefighters' Charity. They're a laugh - me and Ruth go to all of them (but we would, 'cause we're in the local fire unit) and there are always lots of prizes. There'll also be a care wash on the Sunday for those whose cars have gathered some grime on the way up (or down).

All the best
SteveThat's great Steve...looking forward to this..thanks for all this, much appreaciated:bowdown:

Halcyon
18th February 2011, 10:08
No problem, mate - glad to be of service! It should be a good weekend.
Cheers
Steve:}

derekosb
18th February 2011, 13:19
Okay guys, I have now started a dedicated thread for the Oban Weekend so can any further interest in the Oban meet be posted on the new thread now please:

Here (http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=78676)

Many thanks.

This thread will continue to run for any other meet discussions and ideas.

Thanks

Derek

gslittle
8th March 2011, 13:17
Hello

I'm a new forum user but I'd like to invite other members to the Strathaven Classic Rally on 22nd May 2011. I help to organise it and you can see more details and enter on line individually or as a group via www.srtclassicshow.co.uk (http://www.srtclassicshow.co.uk)

I can set aside a club area without difficulty for R75s and ZTs.

There are already, I hope, 5 ZT 260s and 1 75 V8 coming.

Thank you for considering this invite.

Kind regards

Graham

I have a ZT260 bought "new" in 2006 on a 56 plate, and also bought a new 75 Club SE cdt Tourer when they first came out in 2001. Now owned by my brother it still looks like new despite its 120,000 miles.

pab
15th March 2011, 19:39
welcome to the club graham,this sounds an interesting meet and it will definitely be considered,it sounds like a great day out.

derekosb
15th March 2011, 20:01
Hello

I'm a new forum user but I'd like to invite other members to the Strathaven Classic Rally on 22nd May 2011. I help to organise it and you can see more details and enter on line individually or as a group via www.srtclassicshow.co.uk (http://www.srtclassicshow.co.uk)

I can set aside a club area without difficulty for R75s and ZTs.

There are already, I hope, 5 ZT 260s and 1 75 V8 coming.

Thank you for considering this invite.

Kind regards

Graham

I have a ZT260 bought "new" in 2006 on a 56 plate, and also bought a new 75 Club SE cdt Tourer when they first came out in 2001. Now owned by my brother it still looks like new despite its 120,000 miles.

Hi Graham and welcome to the club. This sounds like a good one. It is a week before the Scottish All Rover Rally but that is no reason why we could not arrange a meet within the Rally.

I'll have a look at the web link and come back to you.

Many thanks

Derek

welcome to the club graham,this sounds an interesting meet and it will definitely be considered,it sounds like a great day out.

Thanks Paul,

I meant to reply to this when Graham first posted and then never came back to it. Apologies Graham.

gslittle
16th March 2011, 13:06
That's great, thanks!

I look forward to hearing from you.

I'm sure I can influence a prime stand site...

Cheers

Graham :)

gslittle
17th April 2011, 20:40
Hi folks

I'm just filling in the pre-booking spreadsheet for the Strathaven Show just now (250+ vehicles so far) and was wondering if there was any news on the 75/ZT presence at all please?

Thanks

Kind regards

Graham

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s240/gslittle/popnmg.jpg

derekosb
17th April 2011, 21:26
Hi folks

I'm just filling in the pre-booking spreadsheet for the Strathaven Show just now (250+ vehicles so far) and was wondering if there was any news on the 75/ZT presence at all please?

Thanks

Kind regards

Graham

Hi Graham,

I'll ask the question of the members here so who is interested in the Strathaven rally on the 22nd? Ideal if you can't make the SARR the following week or are able to make 2 weekend meets in a row?

Please let me know so I can arrange attendance with Graham.

Many thanks,

Derek

Tim_Burgess
17th April 2011, 22:02
I won't be able to do 2 weekends in a row. I might be working. Apart from the fact Elsa would lose the will to live.:getmecoat:

keithybhoy
18th April 2011, 21:34
I would be up for a trip to the chipy in largs it would give me the chance to meet some of the members :)

Simondi
18th April 2011, 22:11
Ok, I would try and drop along to Strathaven castle in the afternoon. Would also be up for the chippy run to Largs:drool4:

keithybhoy
23rd April 2011, 23:06

A nice wee drive to largs or for a laugh milport,plenty of photo oppertunites(ZTs/75s on the ferry would be cool) and chipys.
Plenty to do in milport and the ferry dont cost much either,it would be a nice wee sunday out.
We could meet at the asda in govan(helen st) and either go the costal route or the back route down the big hill. ;)

Tim_Burgess
24th April 2011, 08:53
A nice wee drive to largs or for a laugh milport,plenty of photo oppertunites(ZTs/75s on the ferry would be cool) and chipys.
Plenty to do in milport and the ferry dont cost much either,it would be a nice wee sunday out.
We could meet at the asda in govan(helen st) and either go the costal route or the back route down the big hill. ;)

I'm up for this, any ideas of dates?

derekosb
24th April 2011, 10:16
Okay,

How many are interested in a meet up for a run down to Largs some time?

So far we have:

Tim_Burgess
Simondi
Keithybhoy

Any ideas of preferences for a date? Before the SARR I would suggest Sunday 8th May or Sunday 15th May? Or if there is enough interest we could do an evening run with the lighter nights?

Or would members prefer to leave it till after the SARR (29th May)?

Let me know your thoughts and availability guys?

Derek

keithybhoy
24th April 2011, 13:45
if it is after sarr then there is a better chance of good weather :)

N1&EPR
24th April 2011, 13:52
I don't live very far at all from Strathaven, a dozen miles or so, so if I'm not working that weekend I'd be happy to attend. It'd be good to meet some other members from the club.

MGStephen
1st May 2011, 20:06
I littlerally live 30 SECONDS from strathaven!

I will be there and im sure the 75 and ZT-T and possibly my Gramps old ZT 180 ( Brother in law owns it. He stays in strathaven. How about a ZS?

gslittle
2nd May 2011, 15:37
Hello everyone

Thanks for all of your replies. The show is happening in under three weeks now so I was wondering if someone could collate a list of actual or intended entries and please fill in a club application form via www.srtclassicshow.co.uk (http://www.srtclassicshow.co.uk)? We're at the stage now of allocating space and it would be good to firm up the numbers. Having a club entry will ensure that everyone is parked together although individual entries will be welcome too.

At the moment we've got four confirmed ZT or R75 V8s with another two possibles so as many R75s/ZSs or what have you will be very welcome.

The idea behind the show - apart from raising money for charity - is to allow anyone to bring anything interesting whatever it may be and however old it may be. No car snobs allowed(!)

Thanks for your help

Graham

Freebyrd
2nd May 2011, 18:14
Will be at the Hartlepool Meet on the 22nd

FLYING BANANA
17th May 2011, 06:48
Hi,
I might be able to make the November meet if it is still on. If there is a list then put me on it please. Will be staying in Liverpool from the 7th so half the trip is done.
:drool4:

derekosb
18th May 2011, 08:37
Hi,
I might be able to make the November meet if it is still on. If there is a list then put me on it please. Will be staying in Liverpool from the 7th so half the trip is done.
:drool4:

Hi Bob,

We still intend to hold the now annual Loch Lomond meet in November and I will start a thread nearer the time. I'll try to remember to add your name when I start it.

Always good to meet members from different regions and will look forward to seeing you then.:}

Derek

Tim_Burgess
18th May 2011, 10:01
Any developments on dates for the Largs Fish & Chips run? I guess it'll be after SARR now.

suzublu
18th May 2011, 10:45
Any news on the Anglo Scottish at Gretna this year Derek?:shrug:

derekosb
18th May 2011, 11:36
Any developments on dates for the Largs Fish & Chips run? I guess it'll be after SARR now.

Hi Tim,

As always, I am open to suggestions on dates, but I would have thought June sometime (although I am away for 2 weekends in the middle). Could always be a Friday evening if we get better weather in June??

Any news on the Anglo Scottish at Gretna this year Derek?:shrug:

Hi Ronnie,

Discussing that with Bluejon at the moment, aiming at end of July as a possible. Will hopefully post something on that soon.

Derek

Freebyrd
18th May 2011, 12:01
End of July would be perfect for Gretna (for me anyway:D)

FLYER
18th May 2011, 12:05
End of July would be perfect for Gretna (for me anyway:D)

ditto...........:D

Tim_Burgess
18th May 2011, 20:42
ditto...........:D

Likewise......

tricia1470
24th May 2011, 22:01
I'm off the 29/30th :-)

keithybhoy
27th May 2011, 22:50
Cant do 29th as best mate will be gettin married,funnely enough l will be at another wedding on june the 16th in gretna lol. Should we start another thread for the largs run,just so we know who is up for it. Im off work from the 6th of june for a week so i will head down and do some searching about for places to park,things to do,places to eat so if anyone wants to join me your more than welcome :}

derekosb
18th August 2011, 17:17
A quick update to the list of possible meets for the year.

Magnificent Machines is confirmed for Sunday 25th September: SEE HERE (http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90798)

AND

Christmas Lights switch on with Farmers Market at Loch Lomond Shores will be Sunday 20th November this year, assuming everyone still wants to have a meet at Loch Lomond again this year :}.

Derek

FLYING BANANA
20th September 2011, 07:56
We would like to come up and see the lights at Loch Lomond, if you don't mind a Southern ZT joining in. I have also always wanted to visit Dun's. And go to the Jim Clark museum. So I intend to go there then on to you or the other way round.

Could you recommend some hotels please. I aim to spread the trip over 10 days.

Cheers, Bob & The Flying Banana

derekosb
20th September 2011, 11:12
We would like to come up and see the lights at Loch Lomond, if you don't mind a Southern ZT joining in. I have also always wanted to visit Dun's. And go to the Jim Clark museum. So I intend to go there then on to you or the other way round.

Could you recommend some hotels please. I aim to spread the trip over 10 days.

Cheers, Bob & The Flying Banana

Hi Bob,

We will be absolutely delighted to see you at Loch Lomond. If you let us know your intended route I am sure some of the members can make Hotel recommendations for you.

Obviously you will be doing some Borders stuff for Duns, but do you intend seeing Glasgow, Edinburgh (or both)? What sort of things interest you and we can maybe give you some recommendations? Ages of the family, how long you will have for your trip etc?

Look forward to seeing you at Loch Lomond anyway.

Cheers,

Derek

J1MBO
20th September 2011, 11:26
Derek

I've made a note in my diary for the Loch Lomond meet, should be able to make it again.

FLYING BANANA
20th September 2011, 15:45
Hi Derek,
The plan is to drive up to Scotland on The East Side over two days. A1 being my best route. Go to Duns then onto Loch Lomond. Using Lomond as my base. Spending 5-6 days there and then return home down the West Side over 2 or 3 days.

Sadly I will be on my own, I lost my wife last Xmas, unless I can find someone to share the driving.

Not to bothered about Cities or shops, prefer the countryside for the scenery. Small family run hotels or pubs to stay in would be ideal.

It will be nice to meet fellow 75 / ZT owners from over the border. J1mbo, I have met before at Longbridge and Duxford.

I'll look forward to hearing from you.

FLYING BANANA
20th September 2011, 17:39
Looks like I will have to give the museum a miss as it closes on the 31st October. So places of interest with cars/aircraft but not too modern.:)

derekosb
20th September 2011, 20:35
Ok, a challenge to our Scottish members, some suggestions for Bob for his trip around Scotland.

Suggestions here please :}

Derek

Yella Fella
21st September 2011, 08:32
As far as visiting musums etc, try theThe Riverside Museum aka The Transport Museum in Glasgow.

http://www.glasgowlife.org.uk/museums/our-museums/riverside-museum/Pages/default.aspx

IMHO The west coast offers better scenery and roads so the Loch Lonmond area would be an ideal base. Visit Oban, Inverary and head up to Glencoe for the most fantastic scenery but make sure its a clear day.

FLYING BANANA
21st September 2011, 17:44
Thanks for the info Yella Fella. Looks like I will change my route coming up. Also I will try and make it last for 14 days. There's alot to see in Scotland.

Still looking for somewhere to stay in and around Loch Lomond. I want to use this as a base. Last time I was up in Scotland, with my late wife, we stayed in a place called Ayliffe NE of Perth.

So I have a few memory lane's to explore and a few of those places that produce the finest single malt in the world. Hic!:wine::driving::wine:

Yella Fella
21st September 2011, 19:47
I can't recommend anywhere to stay around Loch Lomond but can recommend http://www.arosard.co.uk/ which is at the edge of Oban.

A really nice place, clean, modern, superb views, a fantastic host and a super breakfast every morning. :D

Tam
22nd September 2011, 23:07
Thanks for the info Yella Fella. Looks like I will change my route coming up. Also I will try and make it last for 14 days. There's alot to see in Scotland.

Still looking for somewhere to stay in and around Loch Lomond. I want to use this as a base. Last time I was up in Scotland, with my late wife, we stayed in a place called Ayliffe NE of Perth.

So I have a few memory lane's to explore and a few of those places that produce the finest single malt in the world. Hic!:wine::driving::wine:

Hi Bob if you mean Alyth just north of Perth then thats my neck of the woods and would be happy to meet up and show you around if you make it over from the west coast which even i have to admit has got it all on the scenery front:}

FLYING BANANA
23rd September 2011, 17:47
Thankyou Tammyboy. I'll contact you a bit nearer the time. I vaguely remember Alyth.

derekosb
14th October 2011, 19:55
Right, I have now started the thread for the Loch Lomond Meet (for details follow the link in my signature) and I have added THE FLYING BANANA to the list.

Anyone else up for the meet please let me know on the meet thread.

Cheers,

Derek

Halcyon
15th October 2011, 21:22

Hi, Bob

If you're into whisky, then you might consider visiting the isle of Islay - there are eight distilleries there.

Oban is a good place to stay because of the ferries. If you're up this neck of the woods give us a call and we'll show you round.

Cheers
Steve