PDA

View Full Version : Projector Detached From Housing

Jakg
18th January 2011, 13:03
Quick problem, got some projector Xenons, but the bit inside (which the bulbs clip into) is seperated from the housing itself.

Looks like it clips in - but cant seem to work out how to take the front glass off to work it out!

Help?

2Diesels
18th January 2011, 13:11
Quick problem, got some projector Xenons, but the bit inside (which the bulbs clip into) is seperated from the housing itself.

Looks like it clips in - but cant seem to work out how to take the front glass off to work it out!

Help?
Is the shiny silver bit detached from the ball on the adjuster motor? if so reach into the back of the light & pull on it til it pops back in, I've just done one the other day. Firm but gentle;)

Jakg
18th January 2011, 13:15
No, the wierd rotary coupler thing is still attached, but thats the only thing linked the housing.

There are little black balls on the housing, and white receptacles on the bit thats lose, geussing there supposed to be together, but i've tried and can't get it to go together...

2Diesels
18th January 2011, 13:26
No, the wierd rotary coupler thing is still attached, but thats the only thing linked the housing.

There are little black balls on the housing, and white receptacles on the bit thats lose, geussing there supposed to be together, but i've tried and can't get it to go together...
Same idea just get stuck in & be brave:D, take it somewhere warm, less chance of breaking anything, it took quite a bit of force to do the one I did but it clicked back in ok

suzublu
18th January 2011, 13:34
Yeah,mine:D:D

wullie480
18th January 2011, 13:35
This happened to me last year when a seagull decided to commit suicide by flying into the front of my ZT.
What I did was put some Vaseline on the cup end so it popped in easier.
You could use some grease or something similar.
Hope that helps.

2Diesels
18th January 2011, 19:12
Yeah,mine:D:D
Aye you should have seen the worried expression on his face:D

Bernard LPG
18th January 2011, 19:38
It is quite difficult and needs strong hands. Mine are far too delicate for such operations and I had to get a gorilla, sorry, a colleague, to pop mine back in.

2Diesels
18th January 2011, 19:40
It is quite difficult and needs strong hands. Mine are far too delicate for such operations and I had to get a gorilla, sorry, a colleague, to pop mine back in.
But I managed it with my dainty little pinkies:D

Jakg
19th January 2011, 13:46
My Dad managed to fab a hooked tool to fix it, so luckily it's all back together now!