PDA

View Full Version : The Vis 'boost'

ashb
19th January 2011, 20:58
How noticable should the 'Vis' boosts be? I've recently tested my vis motors and the balance vis was fine, the power vis was faulty so replaced it with a brand new one.

I just wondered how noticable the boost people talk about should be? I only really feel a kick (and it is a fair kick) when accelerating hard in first / second gear from a standstill, when accelerating from speed i don't really feel much 'kick' at all. Is this normal?

Tatts
19th January 2011, 21:06
Same. I only feel a slight shove in 2nd when booting it.

Never felt anything at 4500rpm when some more magic is supposed to happen.

ashb
19th January 2011, 21:08
I'm pretty sure i feel two distinct kicks but can't tell you at what revs, when pulling away quick it happens too fast for me to look at the rev counter!

Thomas
19th January 2011, 21:12
Moved to technical help forum for better coverage :}

kevineds
19th January 2011, 21:17
On my conny there is a bit of a kick and a change in intake noise just over 3000 rpm

tonybusa1300r
19th January 2011, 21:38
Moved to technical help forum for better coverage :}

confused i thought this was the tech help forum.

Thomas
19th January 2011, 21:39
The thread was posted in the general forum so I thought moving it to the technical forum would help the op get a better answer :}

tonybusa1300r
19th January 2011, 22:03
Oh ok mate sorry,be glad when i fully understand how these forums work.:}:}:}:}:}:}:}:}:}:}

Thomas
19th January 2011, 22:04
No need to appologise at all ! :}

rrobson
19th January 2011, 23:45
when i had mine, i got quite a fair boot at 3000 (almost like a small turbo) and another smaller kick at between 4500 and 5000 iirc (been a while and i cant remember the second one)

to put it another way, the lower kick made light work of overtaking, and the extra boost at higher revs made joining motorways and beating the local youth at the lights in their chaved up pile of garbage easy :D

Clickernick
20th January 2011, 00:07
Try accelerating moderately and you should notice a boost in pull at about 3100 rpm. Feels like you have taken your foot of the brake and the car will accelerate much brisker. This is under normal/medium acceleration. This is when the power valve in the upper plenum opens/closes.

If you floor it from a standstill, then the power valve will open immediately giving you instant zoom!