PDA

View Full Version : Flasher Can

graham2230
20th January 2011, 11:47
Hi there,

Searched high and low and cannot find the flasher can anywhere. Would be very grateful for any help in locating the can or cicuit that operated the indicators.

Thanks,

Graham

raykay
20th January 2011, 13:17
There isn't one, the indicators/hazard lights are controlled by the light switch module, part of the lighting switch.

graham2230
20th January 2011, 13:21
Ray,

Thanks for that but is the stalk control for the indicators?

Graham

raykay
20th January 2011, 13:40
There is a Black/Slate cable from the light switch module to the indicator switch and from the indicator switch to earth. When the indicator switch is moved up or down, it connects the Black/Slate cable to earth via different internal resistors, the light switch module recognises the different resistance and operates the relevant side indicators.

graham2230
20th January 2011, 13:48
Ray,

Thanks for that, got one of these annoying intermittent faults, indicators going at double speed, all bulbs working, bulb failure light on but, going off when I press the hazzard light switch.

Graham

raykay
20th January 2011, 15:01
Could be a bulb/holder or wiring fault, one known problem is where the loom behind the front bumper runs over the bodywork and is damaged by a sharp edge.

baldyman
1st February 2011, 17:44
Hello I have had intermitant faults with my indicators flashing right when turning left. I have just removed the light switch module and found that where the connector plugs on there was quite a build up of mildue which I have cleaned off. After driving home today with no problems showing as yet:)