PDA

View Full Version : Zt190 update/vis motors

tonybusa1300r
21st January 2011, 18:27
Hi members,
fitted 2 new vis motors this morning,car went much much better,smoother more responsive and and could definatley feel the vis motors kicking in.
How ever,it still a little lumpy on tick over and i put my foot down to accelerate at 2500rpm in 5th gear and got some breif hessitation before it picked up and went.
any ideas anyone? might try plugs next.

regards,

Mr Edd
21st January 2011, 18:41
Don't forget the throttle adjustment as well. also makes a tremendous difference... Click me (http://forums.mg-rover.org/showthread.php?t=320933&highlight=Throttle+Adjustment)

Edd

tonybusa1300r
21st January 2011, 18:57
Thanks for that edd, have done the cable it is definate hesitation or flat spot that goes on for 2-3 secs. and thick over is a bit lumpy and sometimes not.

RN3212
21st January 2011, 20:28
If it feels lumpy on tickover it's worthwhile taking off the Idle Air control Valve and giving it a good cleaning with Carb Cleaner.Mine was rough on tickover and a good clean sorted it.The only problem you might have is the gasket disintegrating.Mine went to bits but I made one out of fairly thick Gasket Paper and that sealed it up.

tonybusa1300r
21st January 2011, 21:34
Thanks pat, the controll valve is new but i did clean it the other day just for good meassure.
keep thinking about plugs or coil pack tho as the prob is intermit, what say you.