PDA

View Full Version : 75 Tourer rear trim removal - CD Changer duff

Moussac
23rd January 2011, 13:21
I own a 54-reg 75 CDTi Tourer, a car that deserves to carry the prestigious Rover badge.
What am I doing wrong? The excellent, boot-mounted Kenwood, CD changer is dead. Before I embark on any fault diagnosis I need to extract it from the boot. Unfortunately, I can't get past the first hurdle of removing the (OS) trim. I have spent ages reviewing this terrific forum - I'm a new member - but no luck. Any help anyone?

suffolk boy
23rd January 2011, 13:38
i assume we are talking about the black shaped trim with the vent in the top?if we are it is as follows remove the grey trim above it the one at the back buy the tail gate this pulls off gently does it .then the biggie do not pull this outwards you will break the lugs at the back .you lift it up and push forward at the same time and out it comes.oh you also have to take out the luggage hook if you have not allready done so

Moussac
23rd January 2011, 17:38
Thanks very much for the speedy reply. the CD Changer sits inside its own compartment, behind a latched cover. I am not a novice around cars, but this trim stumps me, especially as I am careful enough not to pull at things that appear stuborn I'll try your advise next weekend. Thanks for taking the time. Dave

suffolk boy
23rd January 2011, 18:40
no problem you might also have to remove the trim across the back by the boot latch tho you can just slip it out sometimes.this trim does pull off but as said the side ones its abig no lift and push.you might also need some new cilps as they tend to break the red ones of off ebay will do the job look rover 75 silltrim clips