PDA

View Full Version : Remove grille on facelift 75

Woof25
23rd January 2011, 13:57
hi all anyone hav e idea of how i can remove my front grill to change my fan to see if i have the old style fan or the modern one which needs resistors in order to avoid damaging the aircom, wish it was the old style grille two screws and its out, this one looks like u have to lever it out but i dont want to damage the surround of course so any tips be gratefully received

mike

suffolk boy
23rd January 2011, 14:07
pretty sure you have to remove the whole bumper

freddie
23rd January 2011, 15:23
You cant take grille out on face lift model front bumper off afraid.If you look through grille right hand side about 1 to 2 oclock should be able to see resitor.

Woof25
23rd January 2011, 15:39
perhaps I didnt make myself clear enough I have already looked through the grille and can only see one grey wire which baffles jules the expert in these matters I need the grille off so I can see how many wires go to the motor if its 4 then fan and motor is the old type, if only two is the latter and should then have the resistors, once i know which I have I can order the resistor pack from jules and prob get corin to install at some point

Gate Keeper
23rd January 2011, 15:49
I checked it out with Mike today and neither of us could find it in the 1 - 3 position, let alone @ 2, I reckon it could have been removed by the former owner or it has fallen down into the fan cowling.

Cheers

P

HarryM1BYT
23rd January 2011, 15:49
The only way is to remove the bumper.

chrissyboy
23rd January 2011, 19:06
i read somewhere that the resistor has sometimes been fitted to the back of the fan cowling so you cant see it .needs to be at from so to ave some cooling air on it ..if you can see one wire ,is it disappering round the back ? i guess the best way to go would be to remove the bumper and find out for sure ...

Woof25
24th January 2011, 13:24
As in my previous thread I need to remove grille to inspect cooling fan to dtermine if it is old or new model and whether I need to avial myself of jules excellent resistor kit so if anyone has step by step photos it would be extremely useful, I know it all seems very obvious but a wise man once said dont be a smartass ask for help !!!

Mike

Jezzer 1
24th January 2011, 13:37
As in my previous thread I need to remove grille to inspect cooling fan to dtermine if it is old or new model and whether I need to avial myself of jules excellent resistor kit so if anyone has step by step photos it would be extremely useful, I know it all seems very obvious but a wise man once said dont be a smartass ask for help !!!

Mike

There is no easy way of removing the facelift grille without removing the front bumper. The grille is held in place by 'push-in' tabs which pass through the bumper and then spring out to hold the grille in place. Once the bumper is off, you can gently push the tabs back out again, but there is no way it can be done in situ :(.

Your quickest option I'm afraid is to remove the entire bumper - about 15 minutes!

kevin75tourer
15th October 2012, 06:44
How many plastic tabs hold the grill on as I wish to change mine for one with a better badge and want to get some new tabs ready while they are still available. As above this is on a facelift. They are just under a pound each.