PDA

View Full Version : New Double Din Thinks I'm In France

bluenose66
23rd January 2011, 17:11
Just fitted one of Seans DD Units. Everything seems fine, but a sat nav problem. Keeps giving my location as France ? should point out that Sean replaced the GPS board on this as it was faulty before I got it, anyone got any clues ? I've even tried a system reset. :(

MARKUK
23rd January 2011, 17:19
How many satellites is the unit picking up ?

Have you tried different software ?

bluenose66
23rd January 2011, 17:57
How many satellites is the unit picking up ?

Have you tried different software ?

I've only got the software that came on the sd card IGO8, on settings it's picking up enough satalites but back on the main map screen in the left hand corner the red satalite icon is NOT lit ?

Ta John

CDTi
23rd January 2011, 18:16
Just fitted one of Seans DD Units. Everything seems fine, but a sat nav problem. Keeps giving my location as France ? should point out that Sean replaced the GPS board on this as it was faulty before I got it, anyone got any clues ? I've even tried a system reset. :(Does the GPS actually show you as moving around France?

bluenose66
23rd January 2011, 18:25
Does the GPS actually show you as moving around France?

When I took it for a spin I thought it may of cured it, but that was a couple of hours ago, Can't remember if it showed me moving around. When I put a route in it works out the route from France ??

CDTi
23rd January 2011, 18:31
Have you tried clearing the history in iGo?

para999
23rd January 2011, 18:46

The text file on the IGO8 SD card needs to read as follows. If this doesn't work (mine was doing the same as yours) Try Tony Fry...he's a genious with this! I's the port and baud that control where you start I think.

[gps]
set_messages=0
port=2
baud=9600
protocol="nmea"

Hope this helps

Gordon

bluenose66
23rd January 2011, 18:48

Yeah cleared the history.

bluenose66
23rd January 2011, 18:50
The text file on the IGO8 SD card needs to read as follows. If this doesn't work (mine was doing the same as yours) Try Tony Fry...he's a genious with this! I's the port and baud that control where you start I think.

[gps]
set_messages=0
port=2
baud=9600
protocol="nmea"

Hope this helps

Gordon

Thanks Gordon, good to know it's happened before. Do I do those 'commands' on the unit, or does my card have to go in the computer ?

para999
23rd January 2011, 19:35
Thanks Gordon, good to know it's happened before. Do I do those 'commands' on the unit, or does my card have to go in the computer ?

You will have to put the card into your computer to make the changes. Would be a good idea to make a back up on your hard disc before making changes. I actually got a new SD card with a better IGO skin from Tony Fry...it's much better that the original! But if you change the port and baud for now, it should get you going.

bluenose66
23rd January 2011, 19:44
You will have to put the card into your computer to make the changes. Would be a good idea to make a back up on your hard disc before making changes. I actually got a new SD card with a better IGO skin from Tony Fry...it's much better that the original! But if you change the port and baud for now, it should get you going.

OK Cheers. Hav'nt got a micro sd reader, I'll see if Sean can change this card. No rush for sat nav at the mo.

CDTi
23rd January 2011, 19:57
What is showing on your GPS data screen i.e. press the bottom RH corner and then GPS. This will show what satellites you are receiving and how accurate your location is.

para999
23rd January 2011, 20:11
OK Cheers. Hav'nt got a micro sd reader, I'll see if Sean can change this card. No rush for sat nav at the mo.

I guess you have a 4gb card supplied. You could either buy a new card from Tony, or if you wanted to post yours to me, I can update it and post it back....unless you know someone locally with a card reader!

Radioguy
23rd January 2011, 20:51
Just fitted one of Seans DD Units. Everything seems fine, but a sat nav problem. Keeps giving my location as France ? should point out that Sean replaced the GPS board on this as it was faulty before I got it, anyone got any clues ? I've even tried a system reset. :(

Just for the record, this Is NOT one that we replaced the board in...
I think we had some confusion in our communication, this one was never installed ! Its brand new !

CDTi
23rd January 2011, 20:54
Just for the record, this Is NOT one that we replaced the board in...
I think we had some confusion in our communication, this one was never installed ! Its brand new !That being the case, then the GPS settings mentioned earlier may well be the problem.

MARKUK
23rd January 2011, 21:01

You can get one £4 or £5 from Tesco or Asda or a local PC shop, then it's just a matter of editing the sys file in the Igo directory as mentioned in the earlier post.

HarryM1BYT
23rd January 2011, 22:09
If you have an SD Card reader, you can get a micro SD to SD card adaptor. The micro SD just fits inside the SD adaptor - they are often included free with the mico SD cards.

James.uk
24th January 2011, 01:50
Might be a good idea to fill the car up before you correct the Sat-Nav coz fuels cheaper in France innit. :D :D

bluenose66
24th January 2011, 08:19
I guess you have a 4gb card supplied. You could either buy a new card from Tony, or if you wanted to post yours to me, I can update it and post it back....unless you know someone locally with a card reader!

Thanks for that offer but just sent off for one. Tell you what though, if you don't mind, could you give me instructions on how to carry out the process from when I insert the card and what do I open to get to the required file. I can turn the laptop on, there's a big button in the left hand corner :D

para999
24th January 2011, 08:38
Thanks for that offer but just sent off for one. Tell you what though, if you don't mind, could you give me instructions on how to carry out the process from when I insert the card and what do I open to get to the required file. I can turn the laptop on, there's a big button in the left hand corner :D

No problem! Let me know either on here or pm me your number when you get the reader and I'll call you.

:}

bluenose66
24th January 2011, 09:06
No problem! Let me know either on here or pm me your number when you get the reader and I'll call you.

:}

Many thanks !!:bowdown:

bluenose66
24th January 2011, 21:49
Sorted !!

Following Paras advice and sourcing a mates card reader I've changed the Baud setting and 'Hey Presto' were good to go !!

Cheers for the help chaps :D

para999
25th January 2011, 16:40
Sorted !!

Following Paras advice and sourcing a mates card reader I've changed the Baud setting and 'Hey Presto' were good to go !!

Cheers for the help chaps :D

Great...glad it sorted!

:)