PDA

View Full Version : 'door open' problem

stoop44rio
23rd January 2011, 18:39
I've searched the forum for this already and it seems that theres a micro switch in the door catch? that can play up. Well my question is; on my dash the little car symbol seems to be showing the rear drivers door being open when its not. Can this be relied upon to be truthful or could it be any of the doors at fault? thanks for replies.:}

pato
23rd January 2011, 23:20
Yes I had the same problem a couple of months ago when the weather was particularly damp, same door same indication.You cannot get to the micro switch as it is built into the lock.I solved the problem by spraying a liberal amount of WD 40 into the lock.If this does not work unfortunately it means a new door lock.
Pat

Jake
24th January 2011, 14:21
Yes I had the same problem a couple of months ago when the weather was particularly damp, same door same indication.You cannot get to the micro switch as it is built into the lock.I solved the problem by spraying a liberal amount of WD 40 into the lock.If this does not work unfortunately it means a new door lock.
Pat

It was actually using WD40 that caused the light to come on in mine. Sometime in the past it had had a break in, the WD40 caused a shard of glass to get into the door lock and although the door locked, the light stayed on.

I'd try and get access to the assembly, remove and clean - :}

stoop44rio
24th January 2011, 16:13
can someone tell me what fuse the interior lights are on as they are staying on when driving because the car thinks a door is open. also is there a fuse for the alarm/horn as when i lock the car by fob or key the alarm senses a door open and goes off. having to leave the car unlocked at the moment!! ive just bought this car and havent picked up the handbooks so i cant make head nor tail of the fuses.:confused::confused:

Ian V
24th January 2011, 17:54
can someone tell me what fuse the interior lights are on as they are staying on when driving because the car thinks a door is open. also is there a fuse for the alarm/horn as when i lock the car by fob or key the alarm senses a door open and goes off. having to leave the car unlocked at the moment!! ive just bought this car and havent picked up the handbooks so i cant make head nor tail of the fuses.:confused::confused:
keep the middle switch on the interior lights pressed for a few seconds and it will go out.

stoop44rio
24th January 2011, 20:11
thanks, will do :}

pato
24th January 2011, 21:28
When I had the same problem Iwas faced with the dilema of leaving the car unlocked till I could resolve the problem.Ithen removed the doorcard See the" how to remove" and then I disconnected the connector block just beneath the door lock inside the door shell.This will disconnect all power to the lock together with the disconnection of the alarm,you can then lock that door manually via the push button on the door.This then allows you to lock the rest of the car via the key fob with the alarm set on the three other doors together with the internal alarm however there will be no alarm on the offending door.At least the car is 90% secure which must be better than leaving it unlocked.Hope this helps at least it gave me breathing time.
Pat

stressed
25th January 2011, 07:17
Similar problem on my Rover 75 (52 plate) but this is all since the really cold weather.also remotes will not work.Both of them packed up at the same time and the interior light kept coming on and draining battery. Thought I had got a temp' fix by switching interior light off all the time and locking car on the key.Ok for 3 days then alarm started going off again, so now can not leave vehicle anywhere thats not secure as i am having to leave it unlocked.When it gets cold again nearing zero temperature as i drive along the door open light flashes.Any ideas where to start.:confused:

stoop44rio
26th January 2011, 21:05
Well it seems the car has repaired itself! Went out to check the locks/micro switchs and bonnet switch and just before I did tried to lock the car and everything works fine :} Maybe it could have been something to do with the car being brought home on a trailer, I don't know. Mystery...:shrug: