PDA

View Full Version : No Way Back

redtomcat
24th January 2011, 17:33
I've had trouble with the sat-nav on my Chinese unit, the maps went funny so I got new maps, pushed the reset button and everything work just fine, I got all the features back for the sat -nav. BUT now I can't get back from the sat-nav screen, before I did a long press on the mode button and this returned me to the radio screen, but since I reset it this no longer works. The only way I found to return to the radio screen is by resetting it. can anyone help.

Radioguy
25th January 2011, 01:07
I've had trouble with the sat-nav on my Chinese unit, the maps went funny so I got new maps, pushed the reset button and everything work just fine, I got all the features back for the sat -nav. BUT now I can't get back from the sat-nav screen, before I did a long press on the mode button and this returned me to the radio screen, but since I reset it this no longer works. The only way I found to return to the radio screen is by resetting it. can anyone help.

Do a Hard reset, You are Cached out.

Disconnect the head Unit from the battery for about 3 Hours (No Energy to Head Unit) And then reboot

Sean

picky747
25th January 2011, 10:15
Redtomcat, don't know which version you have but on the original MG/Rover unit it's a short tap on the On/Off button to switch between Satnav and radio.

redtomcat
26th January 2011, 17:44

Disconnect the head Unit from the battery for about 3 Hours (No Energy to Head Unit) And then reboot

Sean
I'll give it a go at the weekend thanks Trevor

redtomcat
6th February 2011, 19:53

Sean

I did this with no luck it's still the same, any more ideas?

Radioguy
9th February 2011, 23:14
Whats Happening with this ? Are you still dead in the water?

Can we reload the Maps ? Could be a software Problem

Questions, Can you post a Pic of WHERE the GPS is freezing ?
Have you pulled the SD card from the slot ? Are the other Modules working ?

Sean

Radioguy
9th February 2011, 23:16
I Dont think You bought this one for me but the warranty depot is at your disposal if we cannot get it resolved... And my services as well

Sean