PDA

View Full Version : New vis motors not moving.

tonybusa1300r
25th January 2011, 19:47
Put new vis motors on, when connecting the plug connectors on to the new motors there is no activity at all, am i missing something or is there a fuse blown somewhere, can anyone shed any light on this please.

SD1too
26th January 2011, 07:22
Tony,

Make sure that the actuators are properly mechanically located with the balance flap and power valve linkage. When you switch on the ignition you should hear the buzz of an electric motor resetting (if I remember correctly; it's been a while since I did mine). When you accelerate briskly through 3,000 rpm you should feel the difference.
When you say "new", do you mean brand new MG Rover parts or something second hand from e-bay? ;)

Simon.

ERic
26th January 2011, 07:36
Hi Tony,

When the vis motors are already in the correct position, they will not move when turning the ingition on. Best is to try as Simon suggested.

Eric

tonybusa1300r
26th January 2011, 17:08
Thank you, i am sure the vis motors are fitted ok as i can feel a differance. so its just my bad starting and hesitation to deal with, might try the fuel filter.

regards,

tonybusa1300r
26th January 2011, 17:13
Tony,

Make sure that the actuators are properly mechanically located with the balance flap and power valve linkage. When you switch on the ignition you should hear the buzz of an electric motor resetting (if I remember correctly; it's been a while since I did mine). When you accelerate briskly through 3,000 rpm you should feel the difference.
When you say "new", do you mean brand new MG Rover parts or something second hand from e-bay? ;)

Simon.

hi, yes the vis motors are brand new from whites mgr, thank you for your input

regards