PDA

View Full Version : Doors open

stressed
26th January 2011, 07:24
Doors open problem on my Rover 75 (52 plate) but this is all since the really cold weather.also remotes will not work.Both of them packed up at the same time and the interior light kept coming on and draining battery. Thought I had got a temp' fix by switching interior light off all the time and locking car on the key.Ok for 3 days then alarm started going off again, so now can not leave vehicle anywhere thats not secure as i am having to leave it unlocked.When it gets cold again nearing zero temperature as i drive along the door open light flashes.Any ideas where to start.:confused:

COLVERT
26th January 2011, 18:26
Doors open problem on my Rover 75 (52 plate) but this is all since the really cold weather.also remotes will not work.Both of them packed up at the same time and the interior light kept coming on and draining battery. Thought I had got a temp' fix by switching interior light off all the time and locking car on the key.Ok for 3 days then alarm started going off again, so now can not leave vehicle anywhere thats not secure as i am having to leave it unlocked.When it gets cold again nearing zero temperature as i drive along the door open light flashes.Any ideas where to start.:confused:
Is the battery in good condition? If it is starting to fail you get lots of strange things happening with a voltage drop.
Also, maybe, check the plenum chamber in case you have water getting into the ECU which will then start odd things happening Too.

Colvert

coatesy75
26th January 2011, 21:37
i have the same just started to day :}

HarryM1BYT
26th January 2011, 21:43
I would be looking at the door closed sensing. Close it all up, lock it then try nudging each door in turn, to see if the alarm is triggered. Try the same with engine running and see if you can trigger the door open warning. If you try to lock it with a door not showing properly closed, it should give a short bleep to warn you a door/ bonnet/ boot hasn't been properly closed.

coatesy75
27th January 2011, 08:06
I would be looking at the door closed sensing. Close it all up, lock it then try nudging each door in turn, to see if the alarm is triggered. Try the same with engine running and see if you can trigger the door open warning. If you try to lock it with a door not showing properly closed, it should give a short bleep to warn you a door/ bonnet/ boot hasn't been properly closed.
thats what im geting a short bleep when locking . but not all the time .

2Diesels
27th January 2011, 08:26
This is very common in sub zero temperatures as the little switch in the door lock freezes & the car thinks the door is still open.

Another thing often mentioned on here is corrosion of the bonnet open switch & or connections.

I think the 2nd option is most likely for the car that suddenly sets it's alarm off

stressed
27th January 2011, 12:19
Thanks will have a look at this at the weekend

coatesy75
27th January 2011, 13:51
well lads iv checked it all out ECM the lot . found nothing but i think the battrey may have voltage drop.charged it up .and all is well needs a good run i think and its not had one in weeks :} so i think the battrey may have bin it thanks :}

coatesy75
28th January 2011, 21:12
well lads next morning batterys flat so new battery. on now £100 . :mad:

2Diesels
28th January 2011, 21:14
well lads next morning batterys flat so new battery. on now £100 . :mad:
£100:eek: that's a bit of a troosers doon job isn't it?

coatesy75
29th January 2011, 11:48
yes kwik fit too if i got it on line it was £10 less and thay charged me £1.75 to scrap the old battrey to .:rant::rant::rant:

COLVERT
29th January 2011, 19:35
yes kwik fit too if i got it on line it was £10 less and thay charged me £1.75 to scrap the old battrey to .:rant::rant::rant:
All the problems gone away then. That's good news cos a low voltage battery, as I said in post No 2, can make funny things happen. Bit of a cheek making you pay for disposal of your old battery cos they'll get more than that for the value of the lead in it, which will be reprocessed and used again.

Colvert. :D:D

coatesy75
2nd February 2011, 20:10
well the cars ok now so im a happy :}( chap )