PDA

View Full Version : D/d problem.

lathbury
27th January 2011, 14:50
Hi all, I have Sean's d/d fitted in my 02 75 cdt and it is working great, but yesterday I had a flat battery so removed it to charge, I connected it today and the car started fine but the d/d is completely dead. How do I get it working please?. Thanks, John.

Radioguy
27th January 2011, 15:42
Hi all, I have Sean's d/d fitted in my 02 75 cdt and it is working great, but yesterday I had a flat battery so removed it to charge, I connected it today and the car started fine but the d/d is completely dead. How do I get it working please?. Thanks, John.

Hi John Did you check ALL Fuses?

lathbury
29th January 2011, 12:36
Hi Sean, Sorry for not replying sooner but I am having a problem with my starter/ battery so can't do anything yet. Would disconnecting the battery blow the fuse?. John.

ceedy
29th January 2011, 13:47
I've just suffered from a similar prob.

My 53 ZT's battery is the original so getting on a bit .
Done a lot of short journeys in the freezing cold recently so took off the battery to charge it .

Popped it back on .. there was a tiny spark when the Neg lead went on from all permanent devices waiting for some juice.but everything was switched off.

Everthing carwise works.. as expected ...

Except the D/Din Unit!! :mad:

Mines mostly ok but the GPS side has died..

Can't get into the system menus' it just hangs.

Looks like we should make sure its unplugged before any battery fiddiling. :shrug: just to be safe.!!

Getting a bit fed up with these now!! having had so many problems. Not getting any replies form the factory now!! either. seems they are not interested any more as its 2 months since the last problem.

C. :(:(

CDTi
29th January 2011, 13:50
You've tried the reset button, no doubt?

I've just suffered from a similar prob.

My 53 ZT's battery is the original so getting on a bit .
Done a lot of short journeys in the freezing cold recently so took off the battery to charge it .

Popped it back on .. there was a tiny spark when the Neg lead went on from all permanent devices waiting for some juice.but everything was switched off.

Everthing carwise works.. as expected ...

Except the D/Din Unit!! :mad:

Mines mostly ok but the GPS side has died..

Can't get into the system menus' it just hangs.

Looks like we should make sure its unplugged before any battery fiddiling. :shrug: just to be safe.!!

Getting a bit fed up with these now!! having had so many problems. Not getting any replies form the factory now!! either. seems they are not interested any more as its 2 months since the last problem.

C. :(:(

ceedy
29th January 2011, 17:36
You've tried the reset button, no doubt?

multiple resets unpluuged/ powered off for a couple of days and some resets.

still the same..

it just reports "welcoming you into the system" .. a screen that is usually seen just before it goes to the setup menus.

Will keep bombarding the factory !! with emails ..

lathbury
30th January 2011, 06:29
I started my car at 6.30 this morning and noticed the d/d buttons lit up when I turned on my lights and the d/d bluetooth connected to my phone but nothing else.

carl
30th January 2011, 06:58
id try disconnecting the power from it for a couple of hours - a hard reset

lathbury
30th January 2011, 07:08
Carl, I have had the battery off the car for 12 hours. John.

HarryM1BYT
30th January 2011, 07:54

Check fuse 33 15amp behind the glovebox.

lathbury
31st January 2011, 11:04
Hi All, My h/u is working again although from switching on Primo is loadind up slowly but works fine. I drove to Liverpool docks to have a new battery fitted and nothing was working, after the battery was fitted I went into reverse and the camera came on then the radio/satnav. So maybe my battery was the problem. Very happy now, thanks for all the suggestions. John.:D

carl
31st January 2011, 11:27
old battery might have had a voltage issue - short cell or something ?