PDA

View Full Version : CDTi - Webasto block connector

JohnFol
17th November 2006, 15:09
Afternoon all.

There are several emails around about fitting timers to the Webasto FBH. In order to do a tidy job it makes sense to get the correct parts. What I have problems finding is the 6 pin connector that goes into the FBH, or some way of adding in the pin-3 that is required

Are there any block connector suppliers that have a suitably shaped plug that is available for sale?

Roverron
17th November 2006, 16:53
Afternoon all.

There are several emails around about fitting timers to the Webasto FBH. In order to do a tidy job it makes sense to get the correct parts. What I have problems finding is the 6 pin connector that goes into the FBH, or some way of adding in the pin-3 that is required

Are there any block connector suppliers that have a suitably shaped plug that is available for sale?

I have some contacts that can be inserted into the connector. They aren't exactly the right, but they will fit.
PM me your address and I'll send you a few foc.

Ron

JohnFol
22nd November 2006, 17:19
Ron, you are a star!

Many thanks for sending them through so quickly. Chances are I won't need all 4 so if someone needs a couple, I'll forward them on.

Roverron
22nd November 2006, 17:28
Ron, you are a star!

Many thanks for sending them through so quickly. Chances are I won't need all 4 so if someone needs a couple, I'll forward them on.

You're welcome.

I think Keith is going to try Maplin's remote control and timer kits....?
It comes to about £55 for the pair. If my FBH pump wasn't kaput, I'd fit them myself. Should be a simple and very effective mod. The remote has a 75m range so no need to get the tootsies cold when the snow arrives!

Ron