PDA

View Full Version : Kv6 oil catch tank

BIG LEK
27th January 2011, 20:54
Hi,i/m thinking about getting an oil catch tank but seen a few different posts on this and i/m just wondering which way is the correct way to pipe it up,as ive seen afew pictures and may-be its just me but they look plumbed in different on each one,any comments would be great thanks-Lee

geofftl1000r
27th January 2011, 21:53
I too was following the catch tank threads.

Seemed they were put on both the small and larger pipes......

I guess you just have to look down both breathers and put the catch tank on the one that has all the oil/mayo(?) in it.:shrug:

Someone who has done this will no doubt give us both some better info.:D

courier118
27th January 2011, 23:37
Smaller pipes if you do alot of town driving and short journeys.
Larger pipes if you do motorway/longer journeys or tickle the throttle

BIG LEK
28th January 2011, 15:52
Smaller pipes if you do alot of town driving and short journeys.
Larger pipes if you do motorway/longer journeys or tickle the throttleThank's for your reply iv'e just bought a catch tank off ebay, and going off what you said go's with the pictures iv'e seen the smaller pipes are going to be the ones as i mostly only do short trips around town etc, but could always join in another later, cheers-Lee

courier118
28th January 2011, 19:55
Dont 'T' the smaller and bigger pipes into one tank.
Use two tanks,one for each line of breather

BIG LEK
28th January 2011, 20:04
Dont 'T' the smaller and bigger pipes into one tank.
Use two tanks,one for each line of breatherYes thats what i men't separate tanks,but i/m just going on the one on the smaller pipes for now thank's for your advice-Lee

Clickernick
28th January 2011, 21:49
I have mine on the small pipes and do mixed driving. When I checked my tank in November after fitting for 6 months, I found only a couple of tablespoons of oily gunk. :shrug:

I have another tank to fit on the larger pipes except the spigots of the second tank are small so I need to obtain adaptors to allow the fatter pipes required to fit the small spigots ;)

Also I still have oil in the manifold (vis check) with just a tank on the small pipes.

courier118
29th January 2011, 11:50
This link if youve not already read it may be of use to you............I did alot of research into catch tanks

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=26292

BIG LEK
29th January 2011, 12:50
Thanks courier118 for posting the link i have already seen this,i have noticed that on page 6 nick999 has posted a picture of how he fitted his is this the way to go any comments welcome,cheers-Lee

courier118
29th January 2011, 16:28
Thats the same way i have mine as you may have already seen in my pic on my post............If you do more than just short journeys then connecting your tank that way,to the larger 12mm pipes,is the way to go...........Short,town journeys then connect to the smaller 9mm pipes