PDA

View Full Version : Latest Fault!

dudley
28th January 2011, 19:31
Hi All
I have a 2005 Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTi. Just lately I am having problems starting it. It turns over very slowly and then fires up. The revs are low when it does start when putting my hoof on the accelerator. It does pick up eventually. I don't think there is anything wrong with the battery. Could it be the fuel filter, or should I add it to 'the list' of things that go wrong?
Help please!
Dudley:shrug:

jamesgreen
28th January 2011, 19:40
sounds electrical to me it may be worth checking the earth point from the battery and there is another earth point but cant remeber where it is.
is the battery a good one have you had it tested although the car starts and runs voltage does have all sorts of effects on modern cars.
also may be worth takeing to a mgrover garage or xpart service centre to have connected to a t4 (diagnostics).dont just go to joe bloggs down the road because there stuff is **** t4 will pinopoint to the problem he says hopeing

biggles2000
28th January 2011, 23:33
MAF sensor ( unclip it to test ), clogged up EGR ( clean it! ), blocked diesel filter ( change it ).. etc.. check the easy stuff first.

COLVERT
29th January 2011, 14:21
Hi All
I have a 2005 Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTi. Just lately I am having problems starting it. It turns over very slowly and then fires up. The revs are low when it does start when putting my hoof on the accelerator. It does pick up eventually. I don't think there is anything wrong with the battery. Could it be the fuel filter, or should I add it to 'the list' of things that go wrong?
Help please!
Dudley:shrug:
Turns over slowly !!
Low battery.
Bad cable connections.
Starter motor brushes or solenoid about to burn out.
Revs. How low ???? Mine ticks over at 800 rpm.
If the fuel filter was clogged it probably would not start at all. :shrug:

Colvert. :D

COLVERT
29th January 2011, 14:23
Oh !! and make sure the plenum chamber is DRY.

firefrost
29th January 2011, 18:27
Use the onboard diagnostics to see that you are getting 14.5 V from the alternator.

dudley
29th January 2011, 20:29
Cheers James
Lots to look at. Will let you know if it works!
Dudley

dudley
29th January 2011, 20:30
Hi Colvert
Plenum chamber
I seem to remember Actros telling me about this.I will check it out and hope it is not full of water!
Dudley

dudley
29th January 2011, 20:32
Hi Biggles 2000
More stuff to look at. This car is turning into a mobile Playstation!
Dudley

chrissyboy
30th January 2011, 13:24
sounds like an air flow problem to me ..check for any leaks aor split hoses