PDA

View Full Version : Headlight bulbs - having a "duh" moment

uk_dave&gill
29th January 2011, 10:15
Front left dipped beam has gone, so I have the fun prospect of poking round through the wheel arch yet again (if only I had fingers the diameter of a pencil, 12 inches long with five joints on each.....)

Problem is I can't remember if the bulbs are different in the dipped (outer) to those in the full (inner) lights... They are the same aren't they? It's just that the dipped headlight has an additional side light bulb in it, isn't it?

Assuming they are all the same, then I need an H7 bulb (Lucas LLB477 as per the box I kept from last time! :D)

Am I right?!

scouseeric
29th January 2011, 10:24
Dave,
the main beam are h1

Eric.

48rov06
29th January 2011, 10:27
Hi Dave they H7 on the outside dipped just came in from changing mine what a pig of a job on a cold day. Regards Alan

uk_dave&gill
29th January 2011, 12:48
H7 it is then!

(just found a box in the kitchen drawer with a bulb in it, but I have a feeling it's an old, kept for reference... I need to get a new one rather than just trying this one, as I don't want to do the job twice!)

James.uk
29th January 2011, 12:52
Take it down the garage, and ask what they would charge for letting you do it on a ramp in the warm, provided they have an empty ramp I doubt it will cost much.. :}

You might have to sweep up and make the coffees though.. lol... :)

uk_dave&gill
29th January 2011, 13:01
Garage open over the weekend? Around here?!

Roverjoe
29th January 2011, 16:44
If you have a Halfords nearby you can buy the bulb from them and then they will fit it for £5.00 odd, no hassle had both of mine done last weekend took the lad 5 mins for drivers side and 20 mins for passenger side.

uk_dave&gill
29th January 2011, 17:08
Sadly nearest Halfords is 15 miles away

Would have been cheaper than it cost me for just the bulb mind!

(job done now, but as ever, what a pain! The hinge end of the clip came out of wherever it was supposed to be fixed, and couldn't get it back, but the whole thing is in now and fairly secure, so it'll have to do! :mad:)

graham2230
29th January 2011, 19:04
After multiple stab wounds, a lot of cursing and swearing (enough to upset the lovely lady next door!) I now find it quicker to take the bumper off. Takes less than 2 minutes and saves going to the doctors for a blood transfusion lol

Halfords do it for you but I'm a scotsman living in yorkshire and I really don't like giving money to them......