PDA

View Full Version : cruise control problems

Mick75con
29th January 2011, 13:37
hi there i recently bought a 75 connie 02 plate all is working apart from cruise control.switch on centre consol lights up but nothing on the dash.i have checked the switches at the top of the clutch and brake pedals 1 was out so put it back in but still not working

any ideas what else could be the problem???

cheers
Mick

robwijnstok
29th January 2011, 16:27
Welcome on the forum!

When you want to use the Cruise Control, first you press the Cruise Control switch on the centre console. The green light on the switch means that the Cruise Control is in standby.

If you are on a certain speed you would like to be maintained by the Cruise Control, you have to press the ‘SET +’ button on the right hand side on your steering wheel. After that you should see the yellow Cruise Control light on the instrument panel, and the car should keep it present speed until you use the break pedal, clutch pedal, the ‘RES’ button on RH side of the steering wheel, or by switching the complete Cruise Control off by pressing the Cruise Control switch on the centre console.

Hope this helps.

Rob.

kiowa
29th January 2011, 18:11
Push the button so the green light in on.Stick your foot under the cluth pedal and lift towards you keep it raised and press the set button on the steering wheel.Works for me :D

James.uk
29th January 2011, 18:38
I don't have a clutch pedal! lol.. :}

Switching the cruise on by pressing the button only turns the switch light on, you have to set a speed or press the res-reset control on the wheel to get the cruise light up on the dashboard.. :}

Mick75con
29th January 2011, 18:50
thanks for all the info,put the switch on the clutch back this morning and couldnt get it to work but just been out for a drive again and played about with the steering wheel controls and it just started working.think the set+ switch was sticking a bit took a few presses to get it working

thanks all
Mick