PDA

View Full Version : a/c heater controls?

tezzer
29th January 2011, 22:24
hi all, ive recentlty purchased my zt but ive notice from alot of other 75/zt have digital climate a/c heater controls. i was just wondering whether or not i could replace my 3 knobs i have on my console for the digi controller???:shrug::confused: Thanks

absolutely loving the ZT turbo........

IM TIRED THIS THREAD WAS SUPPOSED TO BE IN TECHNICAL FORUM NOT TECHNOLOGY!!! NEED TO MOVE DONT KNOW HOW?

Dragrad
30th January 2011, 02:20
Thread moved to correct forum. Re-direct left in old. All done, just ask a Mod :D

sworks
30th January 2011, 05:10
Not an easy job I'm afraid, It's not as simple as just adding the switch pack.

SD1too
30th January 2011, 07:15
I was just wondering whether or not I could replace my 3 knobs I have on my console for the digi controller?
Hi Terry,

From what I've seen you have a rare set-up there so I would keep it as it is. The computer controlling your air conditioning (your brain) is better than anything the software designers can devise! :D

Simon.

tezzer
30th January 2011, 20:32
Thread moved to correct forum. Re-direct left in old. All done, just ask a Mod :D

Thanks for that:bowdown:
Tezzer

tezzer
30th January 2011, 20:36
Hi Terry,

From what I've seen you have a rare set-up there so I would keep it as it is. The computer controlling your air conditioning (your brain) is better than anything the software designers can devise! :D

Simon.
i thought being one of the last built mine would of had the digi controls, they must of slapped this one together with anything they had laying around!!!lol
ok, cheers for advice its a shame though:getmecoat: as the digi controller looks more modern than the controls i have but i suppose they do the trick..
thanks again

SD1too
31st January 2011, 08:32
I thought being one of the last built mine would of had the digi controls, they must of slapped this one together with anything they had laying around!
Well believe it or not that did actually happen, but according to my 2003 brochure only ZT+ models had the digital controls, but maybe things changed by 2005. Perhaps a specification expert will help us out.

Simon.

EnEnGee
1st February 2011, 21:19
In the original build, the status re heaters was as follows.

Classic. Manual heater (with twirly knobs) no air con

Classic SE As above but with manual air conditioning (my Classic SE tourer has this arrangement and it works fine).

Club/ Club SE/ Connoisseur/ Connoisseur SE had Automatic Temperature Control (ATC - i.e the press button and digital arrangement)

Due to Project Drive, the ATC fit on the Club was dropped in favour of the manual arrangment. Therefore, if you have a low spec ZT, it is quite possible to be fitted with the manual arrangement.