PDA

View Full Version : electrics, electrics.

gofor
30th January 2011, 09:32
I had the battery off my v6 2.5 club saloon last week. I was amazed the stereo did not need recoding, (no code), but the reversing sensors and cruise controls now do not function, is there something that has to be reset or can fuses blow? Also the the brakes now push repeatedly back on the pedal and vibrate through the car,(annoying at the least), ABS? are these things related? And can anyone tell me where the oil filter is hiding please.:shrug:

stocktake
30th January 2011, 09:35
Oil filter is tucked nicely at the side of the sump you can see it just behind the drivers front wheel. Engine under tray off to change it. sump drain is just on the side of the sump near the oil filter.
Why did you remove the battery? is it possible some of the work you did will have had an effect on the other faulty you describe :)

gofor
30th January 2011, 09:57
Hi Dave,The battery was taken off for charging, I have a trickle charger but was unsure to use it in situ as the owners handbook says charging in situ can cause damage to electrics. The car had been laid up over the ice age because the cam oil seal had failed. Why does it smoke like an old diesel on (cold) startup, odd.
Cheers John.