PDA

View Full Version : None mechanic minded n00b needs help ;)

Gobby
30th January 2011, 16:12
Hi All,

I have a 2000 V registered 2 litre v6 connie that runs like a dream and recently sailed through its mot making me a very happy man so much that I went home and polished it for 3 hours lovingly lol ( sad I know but I love my car)

Anyway its feeling a bit poorly today and has been fr a few days with a knocking noise. Now I have read all the forums but nothing seems to fit my noise soooo can you help?

I noticed today that the noise ( which incidently sounds like the old "lollypop stick in your bike spokes kinda noise) stopped when the clutch was dipped or when I came to a stop.

Now i'm probably a silly no nothing chap and this will cause laughter no doubt but does the clutch have any wear warning jobby things fitted to it? I ask this as I had a rover 600 some years back and they had some early warning jobbies fitted to it which this reminded me of.

If not can anyone shed any light on what this may be. Its annoying me now so much i'm not even enjoying my drive and we cant have that can we not when i've just given it a fulll valet and its gleaming :)