PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Reverse Sensor Kits

v-man
30th January 2011, 17:07
Thinking of buying and fitting one.

Has anyone any tips or recommended ones to go for?

Thinking wireless version would be easier to fit.

Corwen
30th January 2011, 17:12
hope you get some feed back as i would be interested, we will just have too wait and watch:shrug::shrug:

Parker
30th January 2011, 17:17
I bought a set off ebay about £15 to £20, the silver match starlight silver perfect. Very easy fit rear bumper off and it is all premarked for drilling. Wiring just earth live and pick up the reverse wire. There should be a how to in the How to section.

suzublu
30th January 2011, 17:23
I bought one of those kits which use a metallic strip which sticks under the bumper,& connects to the reverse lights.Only problem was,i fitted mine too low down,so now it beeps when i get too near the road.Ok otherwise.

gefary
30th January 2011, 18:07
I thought they came fitted as standard on our cars:D

chrissyboy
30th January 2011, 19:13
these kits are good , i have one fitted to my car , bumper off then you will see the where the holes need to be drilled,you get the drill bit with the kit .you can then remove a rubber stopper you will see when bumper is removed thread the wires throuh hole so they are then inside the car . they are easy to fit as they have a,b ,c,and d on the box that they plug in to ,so you cant get the sensors mixed up .. on mine we wired the box to the reverve light wire ,easy to find ,just put on ignition and test each wire till you have live when reverse is selected . mine was the wireless set ,you still need to wire the little indictor block up ,it comes with the ciggy lighter plug on it ,we cut this off and wired to the cars ciggy lighter .. i placed it on top of the rear view mirror so as easy to see as im looking in the mirror , i wish i had now fitted it at the top of the rear window now as i would see it via the interior mirror . i got the black ones so they look ok ish with any colour whilst your waiting to paint them the colour of the car .. hope this helps ... just make sure the wires are all nice and tidy before fitting the bumper back , you get full fitting instructions with the kit and are easy to follow ...
these are the ones i have on my car .link below
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WIRELESS-CAR-REVERSING-PARKING-4-SENSOR-KIT-LED-DISPLAY-/190304592496?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2c4f09a270

v-man
31st January 2011, 10:37
Thanks for replies, looks like I have some more thinking to do.

arjan_m
31st January 2011, 12:09
Very easy, even with the cabling.

I fitted them in my first 75, had them fitted in half an hour. Drilling you bumper is the scariest thing.... :D

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/7536/rover75pdc.jpg

wutang
31st January 2011, 13:20
I have also fitted a set of aftermarket ones which when painted up look great and work perfectly at a fraction of the cost of oem ones.

Poppy
31st January 2011, 13:52
Hiya. I bought mine off eBay too... Same colour as my car, Copperleaf Red, comes with the right sized drill bit, already marked at the back of the bumper, absolute doddle, cost about 15 quid. Poppy.

MangoMan
31st January 2011, 18:44
I thought they came fitted as standard on our cars:D

Yes, this is what I thought.......... ;)

Poppy
31st January 2011, 18:46
Yes, this is what I thought.......... ;)

Well, mine didn't..grrrrr. :mad:....:) No fog lights either...grrrrrr.:mad::)..Poppy

MangoMan
31st January 2011, 19:07
Well, mine didn't..grrrrr. :mad:....:) No fog lights either...grrrrrr.:mad::)..Poppy

I tell you what Poppy, consider yourself lucky! I have got the OEM but I had 2 defective sensors. It cost me £214.00 to have them replaced with new ones and reprayed the correct colour!!! :mad: But it was worth it...... :D

NB. What happened to your luscious Avatar??? :confused:

Poppy
31st January 2011, 19:11
I tell you what Poppy, consider yourself lucky! I have got the OEM but I had 2 defective sensors. It cost me £214.00 to have them replaced with new ones and reprayed the correct colour!!! :mad: But it was worth it...... :D

WHAT..GOOD GOD...:getmecoat: I would rather just pick a bigger parking space..:o lol. Avatar...I am trying to be inconspicuous....:o lmso. Poppy

Dallas
31st January 2011, 20:21
These kits are just great! I have fitted several of these kits to my vehicles over the years as well as friends and families (I fitted kits to both my 75's). They really work and are very accurate, you can rely on the continued beep or go by the 0.0 distance on the LCD LED display panel when reversing. I find if I stop on the 0.0 I am actually only 10" away from the object, which I think its brilliant (the 75 has a BIG rear end and reversing sensors are a god send). :D

Its an easy process BUT! you will sweat a little when you start drilling into the 75's bumper as its so big and beautiful, as chrissyboy has mentioned! you can take the bumper off and you will see the markings for the factory fit sensors where they would of gone if your 75 had them fitted standard from the factory. Just use the supplied drill bit and get drilling, just make sure you use a power drill that is plugged into the mains (the cordless 9v 12v rechargeable drills may tear the plastic of your bumper through lack of power) 24v may do it but make sure its fully charged and ready to go.

As been said already! just two wires to connect, one to earth and one to your reverse + wire on the back of your rear light cluster wire loom (I can have a look and give you the colour wire), but you can take off your light cluster and follow the metal contact plates diagram from your + reverse light bulb to the wire loom block plug to identify the reverse wire.

The Cisbo kits are better as they are base on Philips DSP technique, some of the othet kits are copies and not as good. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230384815553&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.co.uk%3A80%2F%3F_from%3D R40%26_trksid%3Dp4712.m570.l1313%26_nkw%3D23038481 5553%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

Click on the thumbnails....... :D

Big John
31st January 2011, 20:43
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230384815553&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.co.uk%3A80%2F%3F_from%3D R40%26_trksid%3Dp4712.m570.l1313%26_nkw%3D23038481 5553%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1[/URL]

Click on the thumbnails....... :D

Hi Dallas

That is the same one that I got off feebay, all I have got to do is get the sensors sprayed, is there any one that can help me with that, colour code MUM Zircon Silver.

Cheers

John

Dallas
31st January 2011, 20:52
Excellent! :D

I actually preferred mine black against the Wedgewwog Blue, they stand out and 'SHOUT' ooooooOOOOOO! Look! REVERSE SENSORS. ;)

I could of opted for a light blue when I purchased my kits, many ebay sellers will give you a list of colours (shown in their ebay listing), but obviously black goes with everything......

For you to spray them will be easy, just lightly score the surface and give two light coats (you could use a primmer). Just be careful not to give to much of a heavy coat so it poors down into the sensor via the rim opening.

I would luv to help you but you are miles from me....... :}

Departed 32016
31st January 2011, 21:14

ouch, I paid £8 for a yellow one and painted it myself

Garden
31st January 2011, 21:54
I fitted these CISBO Parking Reversing Sensor 4 Sensors Audio Buzzer (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CISBO-Parking-Reversing-Sensor-4-Sensors-Audio-Buzzer-/230384815553?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35a4014dc1)
when I got my tourer.
Got the paint match from a local auto paint shop (Halfrauds don't do white gold), sprayed and laqured on a piece of card, bumper off and drilled through the marks with the bit supplied. they have worked great for the three years I have had them.

Gary.

chrissyboy
31st January 2011, 22:10
Excellent! :D

I actually preferred mine black against the Wedgewwog Blue, they stand out and 'SHOUT' ooooooOOOOOO! Look! REVERSE SENSORS. ;)

I could of opted for a light blue when I purchased my kits, many ebay sellers will give you a list of colours (shown in their ebay listing), but obviously black goes with everything......

For you to spray them will be easy, just lightly score the surface and give two light coats (you could use a primmer). Just be careful not to give to much of a heavy coat so it poors down into the sensor via the rim opening.

I would luv to help you but you are miles from me....... :}

i got the black ones and they too looked ok on my royal blue whip ,was ok till i had the the repairs done to the car and they got sprayed along with the bumper