PDA

View Full Version : radiator and air-con

Allan Murray
30th January 2011, 22:00
Got to take the car to my friends tomorrow cause the water isint going round the engine and there is no heat coming through the air-con, my mate is a mechanic and thinks it could be the thermostat. anyone else had this problem ?

Dragrad
30th January 2011, 22:30
What engine do you have ?

Allan Murray
30th January 2011, 22:32
its a 1.8 it was working fine until the cold weather kicked in:(

Phil
30th January 2011, 22:39
Hello. I assume the water level is correct? Is the engine overheating?

Allan Murray
30th January 2011, 22:42
the engine is over heating and the water keeps draining out, up until the cold snap never had a problem with the car

COLVERT
31st January 2011, 12:11
It's either the thermostat not opening or the head gasket gone.

Colvert. :(

chrissyboy
31st January 2011, 18:04
the engine is over heating and the water keeps draining out, up until the cold snap never had a problem with the car

it may just be by coolant level going low and you topping it up you have let air in to the system and have an air lock stoppng the ciculation round the system ,could be the water pump gone too they are know to leak,as for head gasket let your guy check it before worrying about that possiblity....

Mike Noc
31st January 2011, 18:09
its a 1.8 it was working fine until the cold weather kicked in:(

Al it did have enough antifreeze in?

Mike

Allan Murray
31st January 2011, 19:08
ya the guy who is fixing it is the same guy repairing it, so everything was sorted out before i bought it thank god lol. just seem the cold weather got the worst of it.
the Anti-freeze was all topped up. out of the motors ive had i really like this one.
thanks for the advise btw everyone:}

Allan Murray
2nd February 2011, 21:13
Well i get me Rover back tomorra. turns out it was the thermostat. had a new one put it and a new set of spark plugs, and only cost me £60 am really happy it wasnt to expensive:D

Mike Noc
3rd February 2011, 10:04
Well i get me Rover back tomorra. turns out it was the thermostat. had a new one put it and a new set of spark plugs, and only cost me £60 am really happy it wasnt to expensive:D

Nice one Al.

Mike