PDA

View Full Version : Power Folding Mirrors / Drivers Side Electric Memory Seat

italianstallion
31st January 2011, 08:40
I purchased a new conni diesel last week, and have found both of the above are not working. The power folding function worked briefly when I got the car but has since stopped, the drivers side electric seat hasn't worked at all, passenger side is fine.

I've opened up the glove box and see that fuses 51 / 53 refer to memory seats so going to try those first.

As far as the mirrors go, in the fuse box under the glove compartment, I've also found a cable with what appears to be a resistor and a blue bit of tape on it with a metal connector that looks as though its broke, I'm assuming this relates to the powerfold mirrors but not sure what to try, it might just be a negative which could be screwed to a bit of metal, but would seek advice before trying.

Thanks,

Fraser

italianstallion
31st January 2011, 09:12
I've tried switching the seat fuses, and its definitely not fuse as still only the passengers side works on swapping.

The drivers seat is pretty low down so its hard to get underneath to play with cables. The side of the seat panel looks as though its been tampered with as its not been put back properly. Fortunately the seat is in a position that isn't uncomfortable to drive.

Still have no clue about power fold issue.

RoyRover
31st January 2011, 20:21
There is a How To post that tells you how to do a test of the memory seat ecu and the motors.
Also, the fuse numbers you mentioned dont sound right and there should be three, one for each motor.