PDA

View Full Version : Tourer rear springs RG

Alan.F
31st January 2011, 23:13
I have a broken rear spring and the code is RG (orange i think) anyone know where i can get some, i can find loads on Ebay but none of them are colour coded would these be ok?

wullie480
1st February 2011, 08:55
I have a broken rear spring and the code is RG (orange i think) anyone know where i can get some, i can find loads on Ebay but none of them are colour coded would these be ok?

Rimmers show them as NLA but to use an alternative P/N but are £156.05 Each.

http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-GRID001552

I fitted springs that I got from my local motor factors to both my Zeds and have been very happy with them and a lot less expensive. (about £50 each)
Other members may tell you to fit like for like which is kind of right but as long as you change them in pairs then the car handling may be different to original slightly softer or harder.
I know members out there may well disagree but I just couldn't justify over £300 for a pair of springs and at the time I needed 2 sets.

Alan.F
1st February 2011, 09:58
Thx for the reply my local motor factors has springs for £95 a pair so it looks like i will have to go with these

SKS Disco
1st February 2011, 10:34
Rimmers show them as NLA but to use an alternative P/N but are £156.05 Each.

http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-GRID001552

I fitted springs that I got from my local motor factors to both my Zeds and have been very happy with them and a lot less expensive. (about £50 each)
Other members may tell you to fit like for like which is kind of right but as long as you change them in pairs then the car handling may be different to original slightly softer or harder.
I know members out there may well disagree but I just couldn't justify over £300 for a pair of springs and at the time I needed 2 sets.

RKB000890SLP is a pair, not each

Alan.F
1st February 2011, 11:18
thx for that XPart02 still to expensive

wullie480
1st February 2011, 11:18
Ahh! I see it now I was looking at prices for item 1 which I took to be each as it says qty 2 required.
But I see further down it shows item 4 as a pair for the same price.
My mistake need to learn to read properly. :getmecoat: