PDA

View Full Version : Rover 75 boot lock problem help!

chdslDave
2nd February 2011, 11:20
Good afternoon to you all
I have a 2003 1.8 Rover 75 SE Saloon which has developed a problem with the boot lid lock recently. In other words the boot does not open when inserting the key and attempting to turn clockwise! The interior release button, located in the footwell, works fine but alas not the boot lock. So do any of you folks out there have any suggestions or advice to what the problem may be and how to resolve it? Any other Rover 75 owners out there who have suffered this problem and cured it?
Many thanks in advance!
Cheers
Dave

trebor
2nd February 2011, 11:26
does the key actually turn in the lock or not - is it seized ?

chdslDave
2nd February 2011, 11:46
does the key actually turn in the lock or not - is it seized ?

Apologies the key does not turn in the lock!

para999
2nd February 2011, 12:30
Apologies the key does not turn in the lock!

you might get away with dousing the lock mechanism liberally with something like WD40 through the keyhole...otherwise you might have to take the lock out and clean it properly... Lots of muck on the roads over the last few months to foul the lock up!

Good luck!

chdslDave
3rd February 2011, 08:34
you might get away with dousing the lock mechanism liberally with something like WD40 through the keyhole...otherwise you might have to take the lock out and clean it properly... Lots of muck on the roads over the last few months to foul the lock up!

Good luck!

Thanks I'll give the lock mechanism a good squirt with WD40 and see if that does the trick...

mickso
3rd February 2011, 18:12
open the boot lid. remove the trim unclip the link rod .spray the lock move the lock back and foward with the key then put some grease on it .job done

chdslDave
4th February 2011, 12:04
open the boot lid. remove the trim unclip the link rod .spray the lock move the lock back and foward with the key then put some grease on it .job done

Thanks Mickso I'll give it a go this weekend!