PDA

View Full Version : brakes etc etc

gofor
2nd February 2011, 12:21
My last posting was about a poss abs prob I thought it was front but it's the n/s rear ! Just goes to show. The nice AA man who lifted it to the garage (cam oil seal) had to drag it off the driveway to free this wheel off, mmmm! Will check it this weekend, weather permitting, anyone have any ideas, sticking piston, abs ? My reversing sensors are working now but still no cruise. Still smokes like a gardner diesel on start up from cold- except when raining, (damped down)? Oil change also on for weekend. More niggles in 4 wks ownership than 4 yrs with my Mazda!:shrug:

HarryM1BYT
2nd February 2011, 18:49
A seized on handbrake, is more likely than seized hydraulics/ pads/ disks.

SD1too
3rd February 2011, 15:36
Still smokes like a gardner diesel on start up from cold ...
John,

I understand from an earlier thread that the cylinder heads have been skimmed. Then, immediately after you bought the car, a camshaft end cap fell out with the resulting loss of engine oil. Assuming that the smoke you mention is coming out of the exhaust pipe and not from any oil residue burning on hot engine parts, you may have one or more faulty valve stem oil seals. This could be a consequence of the earlier cylinder head work. If you bought the car from the trade less than six months ago you might be able to get it repaired by the seller free of charge.

Simon.