PDA

View Full Version : Front / Rear disc's + pads OEM v third party

ceb
2nd February 2011, 13:41
Hi all,

Had car in to do all vital fluids today and mechanic told me that front lower bushes were on the way out which I will get from Jules but also said that rear disc's and pad's getting thin. Just doing a quick look around there is a h@@@ of a difference between OEM and say Mintex. I can get a full set of discs and pads all round in Mintex for around a 100.00 and just wondered what other opinions were on for/against OEM versus Mintex/Brembo etc.:shrug:

Mike Noc
2nd February 2011, 13:49
Hi all,

Had car in to do all vital fluids today and mechanic told me that front lower bushes were on the way out which I will get from Jules but also said that rear disc's and pad's getting thin. Just doing a quick look around there is a h@@@ of a difference between OEM and say Mintex. I can get a full set of discs and pads all round in Mintex for around a 100.00 and just wondered what other opinions were on for/against OEM versus Mintex/Brembo etc.:shrug:

Good idea to get decent bushes, I did try the cheapos once and they didn't last. I had the same problem with the lower arms too.

Put a cheap set of discs and pads on the rear for the last MOT and they have been fine. Checked the runout and it came in at under 0.05mm both sides.

Mike

Departed 32016
2nd February 2011, 13:53
go for mintex, had a cheap set on the front and they warped... mintex on front and rear and no probs.

ceb
2nd February 2011, 20:04
Thanks guys.

Mintex it will be.

ceb
3rd February 2011, 12:34
Can anyone that has replaced the discs/pads with Mintex on a 75 saloon confirm the correct Mintex part numbers?

Cheers,

ceb