PDA

View Full Version : Gray - Trafficmaster / Smartnav query

Graham Munday
2nd February 2011, 16:45
Just got 75 contemporary, diesel, bit lost with the trafficmaster button,
any help welcome please.

VVC-Geeza
2nd February 2011, 21:23
Do you mean the Smartnav navigation button?

Reebs
3rd February 2011, 00:22
Just got 75 contemporary, diesel, bit lost with the trafficmaster button,
any help welcome please.

Does this help to describe the difference between the two?....

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/958485436e3693c5.jpg

BTW, I have amended your thread title to better describe the question you raise.

Barnowlnoddy
26th April 2011, 16:49
My 2006 Tourer is fitted with this system. To date I have found this company unwilling to give any help at all. I would like to disconnect the system as I keep hitting the info button when changing gear! I even get route instructions for a 172 mile trip after owning the car 15 months. As a company, I find them distinctly lacking in responding to any enquiry " we no longer produce literature" is my received response. Best of luck! Peter.

Pedro
26th April 2011, 19:35
MGR apparently did a deal with Smartnav for 3 year's complimentary subscription. This included Smartnav Navigation, Safe Speed camera alerts and Stolen Vehicle Tracker. This is effective from when membership is activated, so if you buy a car with Smartnav installed and the previous owner never activated it, then theoretically, you still have 3 year's membership to run. If you press the Smartnav info button and hold it for 2 seconds or more, you will be connected to the control room. Give them the car's reg number and they should be able to tell you the subscription status. This all sound good, but the downside is that when the 3 years are up, Smartnav want to charge you £124 per annum for each of the services you want to continue with. My 3 years are just about to expire. I'm not fussed about the navigation as I have a Tom Tom; Stolen vehicle tracker?? Well it's a Rover, not an Aston Martin; the camera alerts are useful, but I've bought a Novus Piccolo to do the same job at £49 with free updates for life.

Windslore
3rd October 2011, 21:39
I have just bought a MG ZT-T with Smartnav installed, but when I press the button I can hear the operator but he cannot hear me? Am I doing something wrong or is there a fault? :confused:

The_Monk
3rd October 2011, 21:45
There is a PAYG option on the smartnav I use to do it, 25p a route or something. Complimented the TomTom superb. I'd ring up to find the nearest LPG station, or Tesco etc... No problems with customer service or anything.

Windslore, check the mic is still plugged in, its a phono type plug so can come up if someone has messed with the wires.

Windslore
3rd October 2011, 21:49
Thanks I'll take a look tomorrow. I gather it is located in the light above the driver? Is it obvious? The mic, not the light!
John

The_Monk
3rd October 2011, 21:56
Thanks I'll take a look tomorrow. I gather it is located in the light above the driver? Is it obvious? The mic, not the light!
John

Its a black block, quite mic'ish looking, you wont mistake it for anything else! If it's not there check round the headlining for any cables and down the door pillars. If still no joy you'll have to hunt for the smartnav ECU, usually behind the glovebox depending where the installer hid it!

Greeners
3rd October 2011, 21:57
John

In the light unit is an oval shaped set of holes. Underneath the lamp should be a black rectangular MIC (stamped BMW) directly behind the holes,

Windslore
3rd October 2011, 21:59
Thanks David, it does sound as if it is a fault with the mic.
John

Windslore
4th October 2011, 21:14
Found the mic, it was connected. I noticed there was another plug which I tried but that did not work either. May be it is not connected at the other end? Can any one tell me where I can find that?
John