PDA

View Full Version : Leak off pipes- do they need removed?

75tourer
2nd February 2011, 19:07
OK folks- getting round to finishing all my outstanding jobs. Going to do the BMW PCV upgrade next. Read plenty about it here but not keen on removing the leak off connectors to get the PCV housing out as they seem quite easily broken. How easy is it to remove the housing with the leak off connectors in place? Any top tips on how it can be removed with them still in situ-

Many thanks

Thomas
2nd February 2011, 20:51
Evening....now most people do remove them....however on my car there was with a small bit of wriggling enough room to get it past without disturbing them just took my time and was very very careful :}

suffolk boy
2nd February 2011, 20:57
taken mine off twice with no problems the retaining clips do not need to be removed just push them in

Number 6
2nd February 2011, 21:57
taken mine off twice with no problems the retaining clips do not need to be removed just push them in

:iagree::wot:

75tourer
3rd February 2011, 07:09
Is it best just to wriggle the leak off plastic connectors a bit and pull upwards at the same time, or is a bit of leverage at both sides at the same time better. Dont want to break these as a 1hr job will turn into being off the road for a few days!- Thanks

EnEnGee
3rd February 2011, 11:59
Speaking from experience, the T pieces that join the inter-injector pipes can be very brittle (due to the heat in this area I assume) so easy does it when taking them off, if you decide to. The T pieces are not available separately, so you will be looking at scrounging others from a scrappy (many diesel cars with Bosch injection seem to have the same injectors), or Rimmers/Xpart who sell the leak off pipes as an assembly (around £20)