PDA

View Full Version : Another knocking sound!

Dallas
2nd February 2011, 20:48
Yes! I have another knocking from under the car, thought I heard it the other day :confused: and today I really did hear it again, its the same sort of sound that I had when the N/S Drop-Link needed replacing in November last year.

The O/S was also replaced last April for its MOT and I think the knocking sound is coming from the O/S area, so has it gone again or is it another part that needs replacing ? :getmecoat:

I have never known a car that suffers from so many knocking sounds, not had it 2 years yet. :shrug:

Dragrad
3rd February 2011, 21:41
Have a free bump :D

stocktake
3rd February 2011, 21:43
Thats your no claims up the swanny then :D

Dallas
5th February 2011, 20:34
Well! just to let you all know thats if its any interest to you :D but you wouldn't believe it! ............the knocking was the N/S Drop Link again :confused: it was only replaced in November 2010 (the 9th to be precise), the part only lasted 3 months.

Its in early next week to have it replaced at no cost to myself, which was nice to hear for once. The garage is going to use a different supplier and obviously put in a claim for the failed part and the labor lost etc.

I will try and get the brand of the failed poor quality component if I'm able too, it just maybe a faulty defected one if truth be know....... :( who knows......

Maybe worth knowing for future reference.

Dragrad
5th February 2011, 21:55
At least it's being sorted :D

carl
6th February 2011, 08:12
ours started knocking about 3 weeks after I changed them (I used ones from E bay £15 a pair ) I checked the nuts on them and they were to the correct torque - tightened them up a bit more and the knock stopped - so if they knock again give em a tweak with a spanner