PDA

View Full Version : Cam oil filter 2ltr diesel

roofrack
3rd February 2011, 16:26
Blew up my engine last year (2ltr Diesel). Rover garage put this down to the oil filter on the side of the head. Although servicing was regular at this garage for several years and the mileage was 103000 they said that there was not a service interval for this oil filter, also they had never heard of a problem with this filter. The garage has told me recently that they have had two more engines blown. Needlessly to say I needed a complete engine replacement. By the way the car was serviced two weeks before the incident. What do you think? Ian.

Greeners
3rd February 2011, 16:34
welcome along

They probably mean the PCV filter which lives on the top of the engine....

It would have to be very blocked to wreck an engine, and it would start with poor performance / smoking....

Number 6
3rd February 2011, 18:01
Blew up my engine last year (2ltr Diesel). Rover garage put this down to the oil filter on the side of the head. Although servicing was regular at this garage for several years and the mileage was 103000 they said that there was not a service interval for this oil filter, also they had never heard of a problem with this filter. The garage has told me recently that they have had two more engines blown. Needlessly to say I needed a complete engine replacement. By the way the car was serviced two weeks before the incident. What do you think? Ian.

Would it be possible to clarify exactley which filter the garage were commenting on?I would imagine the PCV,But?????