PDA

View Full Version : Is my hearing aid too sensitive?

heli flyer
4th February 2011, 12:12
I have had my 2005 23000 mile ZT190 for three months now and I LOVE it! It is by far the best car I have ever owned. I dont care how much the road tax is or how few miles it does to the gallon, I just love to drive a car that has a power band and makes me grin stupidly from ear to ear when I push the loud pedal! I know this might sound daft but the KV6 engine is so quiet at tickover I am hearing a grumbling whiring noise very like the noise a knackered alltenator bearing would make for instance. It seems to be coming from the heater/air-con as if I switch from auto to econ the noise stops instantly-for a little while. Switch back again and the noise stops again or switch to manual with the same effect. Any ideas or am I just being an anorak?

kaiser
4th February 2011, 17:00
I hope you have some wood to knock on. And , no, the dashboard won't do! it is made out of steel.:D
What you hear is the compressor for the air con, most likely.

But don't worry, it will soon be joined by the belts, the VIS valves, maybe a tappet or two and then you will be looking for the turn-offable models, of hearing aids, that is!;)

SD1too
4th February 2011, 19:04
I don't care ... how few miles it does to the gallon, I just love to drive a car that has a power band and makes me grin stupidly from ear to ear when I push the loud pedal!
Me too! But back to business:
... if I switch from auto to econ the noise stops instantly-for a little while.
You seem to be saying that the noise returns whilst you're in 'Econ' mode. If so, it can't be the compressor unless there's a problem with the magnetic clutch engagement.

Simon.