PDA

View Full Version : Srs.

lathbury
4th February 2011, 12:47
Hi All, I know this is not a 75/ZT question, but can anyone help please?. An elderly neighbour has a Rover 600 petrol manual car and his SRS light has come on and he is worried about driving it. I said I would have a look at it for him but don't know his car at all. Any pointers/tips please?. Thanks, John.

mh007
4th February 2011, 15:13
Just found this:

on the drivers side at the bottom corner of the dash you will find a yellow connector,
you will need a paper clip to do the reset and also a assistant to tell you when the light is going off/on

each step must be completed within 4 seconds for it to work

1. bridge the connector with the paper clip
2. switch on ignition
3.srs light off, paper clip out
4.light on,paper clip in
5.light off again, paper clip out
6.light on again, paper clip in
7 the srs light will flash twice... STOP!!
JOB DONE

As always, you try this at your own risk !

Hope it helps

chrissyboy
4th February 2011, 22:17
depending on the age of the car ie the earlier ones just need to have the earth from battery removed for a few mins to reset the srs light ,if a later model the method above ,as mentioned ,when doing things like this it is of course at own risk ..

SMC Trading
4th February 2011, 22:20
depending on the age of the car ie the earlier ones just need to have the earth from battery removed for a few mins to reset the srs light ,if a later model the method above ,as mentioned ,when doing things like this it is of course at own risk ..

I never knew this about the 600, where did you get this info from?

lathbury
5th February 2011, 12:00
Many thanks for the tips, I will hopefully see him Sun or Mon and will try the battery reset first.

SMC Trading
5th February 2011, 12:02
Many thanks for the tips, I will hopefully see him Sun or Mon and will try the battery reset first.

Don't forget to make sure he has the radio code before doing a battery reset ;)

chrissyboy
5th February 2011, 13:58
I never knew this about the 600, where did you get this info from?
from doing it myself on 2 of the 3, 600`s i have had ,and it works ,,wouldnt do it on the r reg on through had to use the paper clip method for that one ,the other 2 one was a n reg the other a m reg ..

chrissyboy
5th February 2011, 16:27
yes make sure you have the radio code and that everything is shut down as it should be ,you should always do this why disconnecting the battery ... my thought i should of mentioned it when i posted ..
All you need is a paper-clip.

Directly under the steering wheel, just under the bottom of the dash board, above the pedals, you can see a wide grey connector. A few inches towards the drivers door from this, is a horizontal 2-pin yellow connector - with nothing connected to it. Bend your paper-clip into a U shape, and stick the ends into the 2-pin yellow connector, so shorting the pins.
Turn on the ignition, and the SRS light will illuminate for a few seconds, and then go out.
Now pull out your paperclip (but not right out), so breaking the link.
After a couple more seconds, the SRS light will illuminate again.
Now stick the paper clip back in, making the link again, and after a couple of seconds, the SRS light will blink twice.
Remove the paper-clip, and then switch off the ignition.

You have to do this all fairly quickly - you only get a few seconds between each step. Because you can't see the yellow connector and the SRS light at the same time, it's really a two-person job.

That resets the SRS system - next time you start the car, the lamp will be off - obviously this only applies if you have no fault ! If there is a fault, the light will illuminate again.

Lovel
5th February 2011, 16:47
Hi All, I know this is not a 75/ZT question, but can anyone help please?. An elderly neighbour has a Rover 600 petrol manual car and his SRS light has come on and he is worried about driving it. I said I would have a look at it for him but don't know his car at all. Any pointers/tips please?. Thanks, John.

Now I'm not to much up to speed on the 600 models.

However it may be worth testing to establish if the horn is still working or the remote radio controls (if fitted). If any of them are at fault I would expect that the steering wheel rotary coupler ribbon may be perished, causing the fault.