PDA

View Full Version : Under bonnet ignition live

mantianak
4th February 2011, 14:07
Anybody know where one is? Read about feeding from fuse 4 but that's no good on the petrol cars, it stays on for something like 10 minutes after the ignition is off.

What else can I use without feeding from the ignition itself?

scouseeric
4th February 2011, 15:49
Anybody know where one is? Read about feeding from fuse 4 but that's no good on the petrol cars, it stays on for something like 10 minutes after the ignition is off.

What else can I use without feeding from the ignition itself?

Depends what you want it for; i run a perm. live and earth off the battery via inline fused wires through the grommet in bulkhead on driver side.hth.

Eric

ignore that im still half asleep!

Jules
4th February 2011, 16:19
Depends what you want it for; i run a perm. live and earth off the battery via inline fused wires through the grommet in bulkhead on driver side.hth.

Eric

ignore that im still half asleep!

Why do that Eric?
There's plenty of unswitched live points in the glove compartment fuse box!

Jakg
4th February 2011, 16:32
Why do that Eric?
There's plenty of unswitched live points in the glove compartment fuse box!If you want something high-current (i.e. 80+ A) like an amp?

I found no luck getting a switched live in the engine bay - I resorted to running a cable back from the ignition live for the stereo, through the bulkhead to the bumper.

mantianak
4th February 2011, 16:51
DRL led's, should have mentioned that. I couldn't find a point so ran one from the head unit. Just have to finish it off tomorrow.