PDA

View Full Version : Tail Light Bulb Warning Light

ardvark
4th February 2011, 20:30
I've been having this problem for a few months now and have ignored it but now my better half has noticed it and "it has to be fixed"

What happens is this , every now and again the tail light bulb blown warning light comes on in the dash.

This happens after I've applied the foot brake.

After a while the warning light in the dash goes out and both brake lights are working fine again.

Has anyone any idea what this is and how to sort it?

para999
4th February 2011, 20:38
I've been having this problem for a few months now and have ignored it but now my better half has noticed it and "it has to be fixed"

What happens is this , every now and again the tail light bulb blown warning light comes on in the dash.

This happens after I've applied the foot brake.

After a while the warning light in the dash goes out and both brake lights are working fine again.

Has anyone any idea what this is and how to sort it?

Sounds like an intermittent connection fault. I had the same problem with a front side light...usually the dash warning light went out after the a couple of bumps in the road or tapping the headlight casing. I eventually got round to cleaning the connections, checking earth and replaced the bulb. No re-occurance since!

Good luck!

:D

2Diesels
4th February 2011, 20:39
Probably just a duff bulb that's making & breaking, pop some fresh bulbs in & see how it goes

bramblp
4th February 2011, 21:05
Poor connection at bulb or poor connection at the multiplug connector to the rear light cluster, clean both